Deluxe Corporation

Deluxe Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Deluxe Corporation CEO Lee J. Schram

Lee J. Schram

Pros:
  • "Work life balance has also dramatically improved in the last year"
    in 12 reviews
  • "The company provides good benefits and pays well for most positions"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "The senior leadership team is not equipped to motivate and drive the change needed"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Compensated well for going over sales goals, then a new ceiling is placed that is unobtainable with current lead structure"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Solid company, but not innovative

Shoreview, MN

ProsPro – Great people to work with. Excellent salaries and benefits. Good work-life balance

ConsCon – Very political, and honest feedback is discouraged. It is not an innovative place to work, so new ideas are not encouraged to bubble up from employees, but are pushed down from executives. Tiered structure, which leads to top-heavy management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for differing opinions - it makes for a more innovative environment which will help in your diversifying strategies. Cut out some managers and hire more workers. Decrease the politics and listen to everyone – not just the chosen few.

Deluxe Corporation is a solid organization to work for.

Client Sales Executive (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsDeluxe is a very professional company. They deliver what they promise. They treat clients and employees with integrity and respect.

ConsWorking for Deluxe requires the ability to adjust to constant change.

Moving in the right direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Deluxe culture has turned more positive in the last year and is now a pretty good place to work - if you are in the right division. The managers are approachable, extremely good at their jobs and easy to work for! Work life balance has also dramatically improved in the last year.

ConsThere is high turnover. When I noticed that long term employees were being let go, I knew that I needed to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe work atmosphere is depressing in some buildings, a major overhaul is needed so that people want to be on location.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company with many dedicated employees

Anonymous (Current Employee)
    Shoreview, MN

ProsOpportunities for advancement. It is not uncommon for people to work here for 30 years or more.

ConsVery siloed environment among business units

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking about integration and just get it done.

Very positive experience

Trainer (Current Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

ProsGreat leadership, colleagues and growth opportunities

ConsMany acquisitions which makes it challenging to stay abreast of all policies and procedures for different lines of business.

Lots of turnover...

ProsGreat benefits. The longer you stay the better it gets.

ConsMircromanaged. Poor flexibility. High expectations with little training on new products and services. High turnover. Dont get to know any of your coworkers too well.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your employees help themselves.

A large company with the typical pros and cons that come with it. Generally positive trajectory.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work, very professional. Things change, which is good. Successes are highlighted and rewarded. Great compensation packages and generous PTO. Decent on campus cafeterias.

ConsLots of acquisitions and disparate verticals make cross department collaboration harder. Regulatory / security issues reduce IT efficiency. I found it difficult to find mentors mainly because folks were too busy.

I'm a believer...good things to come.

Shoreview, MN

ProsStrong core of people who understand how the markets have changed, and how technology plays a central role in attaining and retaining customers.

ConsIt's an OLD company. Though the technology "strong core" is there, they spend much of their time selling and evangelizing processes and methodologies considered best practices every where else, costing time and resources reinventing the wheel.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue embracing change and listening to your people.

All Politics and non-I.T. people lording over I.T. people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey are taking the correct strategy by switching to a technology company, but sabotage it by letting incompetent I.T. and non-I.T. people rule.

ConsNo one is accountable. Doing the simplest thing requires hours of meetings and politics. VERY hierarchical. If you are below someone they will exert their influence. The illusion of performance is more important than performance, so if you are an expert in I.T. making great progress you will be shot down and micro-managed (since usually short-term sacrifices are required for mid to long-term gains).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have NO CLUE about technology. Fire incompetents and political saboteurs, hire competent IT people, then get the F out of the way and let them do their job. Ensure no one who isn't born and bred into successful technology has a position of power over those who do.

The company needs improvement

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

ProsIts a place to work and I guess if you want to stay in one position for the rest of your life then its a good place to be.

ConsLong hours sitting on a phone talking to angry New Yorkers can get irritating

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to help its employees out more and give more chance to change and move up or more chances for raises.

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deluxe Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deluxe Corporation CEO Lee J. Schram. All 154 reviews posted anonymously by Deluxe Corporation employees.