Deluxe Corporation

Deluxe Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Deluxe Corporation CEO Lee J. Schram

Lee J. Schram

Pros
  • Work life balance has also dramatically improved in the last year(in 12 reviews)

• The company provides good benefits and pays well for most positions(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensated well for going over sales goals, then a new ceiling is placed that is unobtainable with current lead structure(in 5 reviews)

• The senior leadership team is not equipped to motivate and drive the change needed(in 5 reviews)

experience at deluxe

Technical Analyst (Former Employee) Shoreview, MN

Prossome wide range of technology use

Consdepressing environment and non-cooperative peers

Advice to Senior Managementshould be open to change and be more cooperative

A Company in transition but the strategy is working.

Territory Manager - Small Business (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe Deluxe value proposition resonates with the Fortune 500. They have a solid reputation and a long term strategy of transformation is on the right track. The future looks good.

ConsAfter numerous acquisitions Deluxe struggles with integration and fulfilling the promise of it's value proposition. IT resources are slim and allocated quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefine the Deluxe go-to-market strategy based on a realistic assessment on what Deluxe can deliver to the end customer. Invest more in IT resources. The margin requirements for the print industry are too high and make Deluxe non-competitive.

Large Company trying to re-make themselves

Lead Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Groton, MA

ProsGood co-workers, location, decent benefits

ConsLarge corporate structure. Tough to advance if not at headquarters in MN.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalking about something and truly doing something about it are two different things.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice customers make the day go by very quickly. This is what made the job good and happy for the employees during my employment there.

ConsPoor management to deal with on a regular basis. They love to micro-manage and I believe a lot of it is because they will eventually soon be going out of business.

I do not recommend them

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe building is nice, has a pond.

ConsCompensation is below average, not much opportunities. Too much Nepotism!

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish guidelines for Nepotism, must not work under the same management structure! Certainly not in the same team!

Easygoing atmosphere, but it was difficult to counteract the challenges of a declining check industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shoreview, MN

ProsGood work environment, office environment provided few distractions, management seemed encouraging, bureaucracy seemed minimal

ConsNot as much interaction with other employees or departments. It seemed hard to focus on how to move the company forward.

Good company but slow to change processes.

Major Accounts (Current Employee)

Prosgreat benefits, number of offerings, industry reputation, willing to add new services to core offerings, employee tenor, small business specialists, experienced

Consold fashioned thinking in a few of the channels, slow to change processes, roll out initiatives prior to having a plan on how to support them, targeted large customers but only able to support small business

Great company

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsGreat People - Good Values - Fun place to work

ConsClosures and wasted money on outside consultants

Great company, frequent layoffs

ProsGreat company and culture. Value employees and their success. Competitive salaries and great flexibility. Wonderful work/life balance.

ConsThere seems to be a culture of layoffs and job security is not something that employees experience.

I loved the job did at Deluxe, it provided me with many skills and help challenge me to grow

Quality Assurance Help Desk Electronic Delivery (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsThe people at Deluxe is like a family and you want to help them to succeed so they have the same knowledge you have.

ConsThe managers do not stand behind their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees and help them succeed instead of setting them up to fail.

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!