Deluxe Corporation

Deluxe Corporation Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Deluxe Corporation CEO Lee J. Schram

Lee J. Schram

Pros:
  • "Deluxe does a great job of partnering for education, work life balance and communicating overall goals"
    in 10 reviews
  • "The company provides good benefits and pays well for most positions"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "The senior leadership team is not equipped to motivate and drive the change needed"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Little diversity in upper management"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Moving in the right direction

I worked at Deluxe Corporation

ProsThe Deluxe culture has turned more positive in the last year and is now a pretty good place to work - if you are in the right division. The managers are approachable, extremely good at their jobs and easy to work for! Work life balance has also dramatically improved in the last year.

ConsThere is high turnover. When I noticed that long term employees were being let go, I knew that I needed to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe work atmosphere is depressing in some buildings, a major overhaul is needed so that people want to be on location.

Very positive experience

Trainer (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat leadership, colleagues and growth opportunities

ConsMany acquisitions which makes it challenging to stay abreast of all policies and procedures for different lines of business.

Good company with many dedicated employees

Anonymous (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunities for advancement. It is not uncommon for people to work here for 30 years or more.

ConsVery siloed environment among business units

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking about integration and just get it done.

Lots of turnover...

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits. The longer you stay the better it gets.

ConsMircromanaged. Poor flexibility. High expectations with little training on new products and services. High turnover. Dont get to know any of your coworkers too well.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your employees help themselves.

A large company with the typical pros and cons that come with it. Generally positive trajectory.

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time

ProsGreat place to work, very professional. Things change, which is good. Successes are highlighted and rewarded. Great compensation packages and generous PTO. Decent on campus cafeterias.

ConsLots of acquisitions and disparate verticals make cross department collaboration harder. Regulatory / security issues reduce IT efficiency. I found it difficult to find mentors mainly because folks were too busy.

I'm a believer...good things to come.

Shoreview, MN

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsStrong core of people who understand how the markets have changed, and how technology plays a central role in attaining and retaining customers.

ConsIt's an OLD company. Though the technology "strong core" is there, they spend much of their time selling and evangelizing processes and methodologies considered best practices every where else, costing time and resources reinventing the wheel.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue embracing change and listening to your people.

An Office Full of Bullies

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time

ProsI really enjoy my actual job duties. Promotion potential is there. I get money back from the wellness program for going to the doctor which is nice.

ConsThe recruiter/my manager oversold the company culture. Even their video with employees saying they work there because of the people feels like a lie now. The people I have to work with have ugly personalities and don't live up to the "shared values". You ask for help/clarification/guidance and managers treat you like it's your fault you don't understand something and use it against you. Even going to HR doesn't help because managers will just say what they know HR wants to hear.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting all the companies' eggs in the financial basket. People are more than just ways to hit your numbers.

Customer Service Call Center Rep

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDecent pay for a call center. Chance to self promote by your stats on top of monthly bonuses. Great benefits package ,wonderful 401k matching. Incredible time off options/flexability. Supportive direct manager. Lots of charity drive and fundraisers for the community.

ConsConstant changes in scripts and procedure. Not a lot of chance to move within the company. High turn over, so if your not a natural born, high pressure sales person, its recognized right away and not much done to keep you.

Visionary Company preparing for the future

Sales & Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat changing environment! management company continually strives to be in the forefront of the industry and is diversifying vertically. Investing in marketing and other services companies to provide a wide range of solutions and products. Gives back to the community!

ConsNeeds to invest in a management succession plan from within! Top management is not diverse.

This old company is trying to figure out how to stay alive, but they don't know what they're doing.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people to work with. They attempt to make it a fun environment, but it doesn't always work.

ConsThe pressure of sales is enormous. Micro management that dictates everything once you start your day. They require the sales team to offer so many products on calls that the customers are getting fed up. High pressure to sell web sites while their own web site has issues. Assumptive sales approaches and add ones are turning off the once loyal customers. Brand loyalty doesn't exist anymore. The incentive plans change so often it seems that management doesn't really know what they're doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your sales staff. Determine what you're good at and stay with it. Customers don't want to be sold stuff they can get elsewhere for a fraction of the inflated prices we charge.

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deluxe Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deluxe Corporation CEO Lee J. Schram. All 141 reviews posted anonymously by Deluxe Corporation employees.