Deluxe Corporation Reviews

Reset
2.8
Deluxe Corporation CEO Lee J. Schram
Lee J. Schram

Pros
  • Work life balance has also dramatically improved in the last year (in 13 reviews)

• They offer very good benefits and generous paid time off (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Little diversity in upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Very high turnover rate as this job requires people who can tolerate the discipline , stress and accountability for low pay (in 5 reviews)

1. Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Shoreview, MN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Shoreview, MN

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Great people. Attainable goals. Plenty of opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Most of the cons that people would list for Deluxe would be a consequence of their own unwillingness to apply themselves to their roles. Those who work hard are treated very well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue to offer channels for 2-way communication between business units and tiers.

2. Merchandising Part-Time

Former Employee - Merchandising Assistant
    Former Employee - Merchandising Assistant

I worked at Deluxe Corporation part-time

Pros

Great people to work with, excellent teams working together in harmony to achieve company goals short and long-term.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end of the spectrum for a merchandising assistant relative to other companies but the flexibility with PTO and communication between management and employees makes up for that.

3. Helpdesk support

Current Employee - Technical Analyst/Service Desk in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst/Service Desk in Brooklyn Park, MN

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation (More than 8 years)

Pros

nice people I work with

Cons

no room for shift advancement, working third shift for about 6 years

5. Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time

Pros

They offer a fair and competitive benefits package

Cons

Over the years it was challenging to work in the continuously downsizing environment

6. Programmer Analyst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Groton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Groton, MA

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary. Very good about flex-time and telecommuting. Profit sharing and 401k match is good. Co-workers are great to work with.

Cons

Groton MA location not a big shop; most work from home 3 or more days/week. You spend most of your time on the phone in conference calls with outsourcing company and corporate office in Shoreview, MN. Because Groton is not the corporate office, there's not much company culture there - you kind-of feel "left out" of most things.

7. Data Center Technician

Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Miami, FL

I worked at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

No pros. Unprofessional, takes shortcuts on industry standards, and hires sub par employees to perform high pri complex duties.

Cons

Staff is untrained and cuts corners across the board. Management has very little visibility or knowledge to be leading modern day data center environments. I did not and will not list this as a company on my resume as a gap looks better than the sub par work I was forced to perform. I gave proper notice as I would not put my name on not perform the work asked without following industry established standards. I highly advise any prospective candidates grill the management prior to leaving their current positions.

Advice to Management

Increase your budgets, hire qualified experts to perform the complex asks expected each day. Pay was sub par, mgmt direction was severely lacking, and added stress and pressure on execution employees to find a way to complete a project without abiding by safety practices or escalated timelines with performance threats. Never again.

Transitioning Company

Former Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has processes and infrastructure suitable for a company of its size.

Cons

Company has focus on Wall Street. The dwindling cash cow of the check printing business is the real focus of the company. If in high tech, it's not a good place to join. If you aren't in the major P/L, there is no room for growth or success within the company.

Advice to Management

Management appears to understand the street and to manage to their expectations with admirable accuracy and efficiency.

9. Lead Generation Specialist

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people. Company constantly tries to improve the lists and tools for employees. Pay was good for start as well as prizes for performance.

Cons

Started out good but pressure to sell increased on employees when management ideas didn't work. The warm market lists were more cold calls than management said it would be. expect to make cold calls.

Advice to Management

be upfront and tell employees you are making mostly cold calls. Continue seeking new lists. Make sure to give employees every chance to succeed

Numbers / Behaviors

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

Love the people. Some of the best friends I've ever had I made working here.

Cons

I have had 5 different managers for the same position (sometimes for better, sometimes for worse). Despite my tenure my opinion seems to not be of value. If I were someone who was leaving the company or deciding to buy product somewhere else, they would pay through the nose for my opinion, but it's seen as unprofessional to offer an opinion without being asked for one. Top performers in the call center are those who break the rules, then we model the rest of the call center after their assumptive sales tactics. This company is extremely numbers driven, but doesn't seem to analyze what is causing the numbers. Managers don't care if reps cheat the phone system as long as they make the numbers look good. Honesty is one of the company's footholds, but doesn't seem to be genuine. I see a lot of deception from leadership to reps, reps to customers, and any other number of ways you can imagine.

Advice to Management

People should be fired for cheating, even if they're top performers. They set the standard and make the goals impossible to hit without cheating.

Director of Sales

Former Employee - Director in Elk Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to gain experience

Cons

Long hours for a limited career

Advice to Management

Cut hours

RSS Feed </> Embed