Deluxe Corporation

Updated August 9, 2014

2.8

Deluxe Corporation CEO Lee J. Schram
Lee J. Schram

Pros
  • Work life balance has also dramatically improved in the last year (in 12 reviews)

• The company provides good benefits and pays well for most positions (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensated well for going over sales goals, then a new ceiling is placed that is unobtainable with current lead structure (in 5 reviews)

• The senior leadership team is not equipped to motivate and drive the change needed (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Great People - Good Values - Fun place to work

Cons

Closures and wasted money on outside consultants

Great company, frequent layoffs

Pros

Great company and culture. Value employees and their success. Competitive salaries and great flexibility. Wonderful work/life balance.

Cons

There seems to be a culture of layoffs and job security is not something that employees experience.

Good impressions

Current Employee - Director  in  Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Director in Shoreview, MN

Pros

Actively investing in Fincancial Services space wtih people, resources and solutions. Making investments in personnel. Looking to create a new culture

Cons

Old culture is working its' way out. A little slower then you would like.

Be aggressive in acquisition of new business and resources

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I loved the job did at Deluxe, it provided me with many skills and help challenge me to grow

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Help Desk Electronic Delivery  in  Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Help Desk Electronic Delivery in Lenexa, KS

Pros

The people at Deluxe is like a family and you want to help them to succeed so they have the same knowledge you have.

Cons

The managers do not stand behind their employees

Listen to the employees and help them succeed instead of setting them up to fail.

I was laid off after Deluxe purchased the company I was working for

Pros

Good compensation, great manager, great co-workers

Cons

This is a large company, so sometimes they don't realize the value employees provide the company. In my case, they bought the company I worked for, and shut us down despite the fact we were one of the top performing facilities that they owned.

My Career with Deluxe

Former Employee - Senior Deliver Consultant  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Deliver Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

I was a 32 year employee and loved every moment working for DELUXE, I had every opportunity to learn and create opportunities for advancement.

Cons

I wanted to be an employee for my entire career, however, Deluxe severed me at 32 years of heigh level service to the company. This happened to me as well as many high quality employees at DELUXE over the past 10 + years. Being severed after 32 years has made it extremely difficult to find a new quality career.

No Reply, I have no bones to pick with Management.

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Company vehicle
    Benefits and Work Life Balance

Cons

Management was not involved with sales process

Great Place to work.

Pros

Everyone is friendly. Team like workplace.

Cons

Nothing to report. Great Place to work.

None

Nice People, Incredible benefits, decent wage.

Pros

There are a lot of decent people there. They have great healthcare I have HealthPartners, and Cigna for dental and disability. Yes we have short and long term disability starting after your first year. 401k matching up to 4%. They hire from within before going outside. Paid time off, even for part timers! And we get banker holidays, paid! And if we're good they roll past our cubes with a cart and feed us treats, yesss yess yes.

Cons

The software is a barrier to good customer service and larger sales. We could easily sell all of the offered products if we didn't have to fight the interface so much. They keep putting band-aids on this thing and now its a rubber band ball of band-aids. It works, but its like an old old vcr that still works but you have to set a brick on the play button to keep it playing.

We can gain market share on lots of items like technology if we can fund technology upgrades to replace our interface with something that looks more like Microsoft word or Photoshop or even notepad instead of the imprinting interface that mangles imprints when borrowed and many times will not show a finished product. Instead of patching it create a web-based interface for internal use that can be our new front end. Then we can easily evade having to rewrite code. Teach the new front end to dump the text/data into the old system so we can see what the product and text format look like. This would allow sales staff to focus on the customer instead of wrestling with the interface. We spend too much time fixing errors generated by it, and lose opportunities to be the one-stop business supplier. Keeping this interface is costing us a lot of money and harms our image.

Amazing opportunity for a serious sales rep to make $$$

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Uncapped commission, hard work and smart work effort gets rewarded with amazing commission checks. Fun place to work, great environment! Not like other inside sales offices in the local market. You get to roll up your sleeves and have a direct impact on your check. You get out of it what you put into it. There are some really successful reps in the office. The managers support the team and encourage success of the reps. Sales contests are a plus.

Cons

In office technology needs to improve for optimum sales performance, the current technology slows down business and overall sales performance. It can be really frustrating at times.

Continue to invest in the future of the business, digital marketing is a growing and changing space, stay on top of trends.

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!