Deluxe Corporation

www.deluxe.com
Employer Engaged

Moving in the right direction

I worked at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

The Deluxe culture has turned more positive in the last year and is now a pretty good place to work - if you are in the right division. The managers are approachable, extremely good at their jobs and easy to work for! Work life balance has also dramatically improved in the last year.

Cons

There is high turnover. When I noticed that long term employees were being let go, I knew that I needed to move on.

The work atmosphere is depressing in some buildings, a major overhaul is needed so that people want to be on location.

Good company with many dedicated employees

Current Employee - Anonymous in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement. It is not uncommon for people to work here for 30 years or more.

Cons

Very siloed environment among business units

Stop talking about integration and just get it done.

The company needs improvement

Current Employee - Customer Service in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its a place to work and I guess if you want to stay in one position for the rest of your life then its a good place to be.

Cons

Long hours sitting on a phone talking to angry New Yorkers can get irritating

The company needs to help its employees out more and give more chance to change and move up or more chances for raises.

A large company with the typical pros and cons that come with it. Generally positive trajectory.

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time

Pros

Great place to work, very professional. Things change, which is good. Successes are highlighted and rewarded. Great compensation packages and generous PTO. Decent on campus cafeterias.

Cons

Lots of acquisitions and disparate verticals make cross department collaboration harder. Regulatory / security issues reduce IT efficiency. I found it difficult to find mentors mainly because folks were too busy.

I'm a believer...good things to come.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong core of people who understand how the markets have changed, and how technology plays a central role in attaining and retaining customers.

Cons

It's an OLD company. Though the technology "strong core" is there, they spend much of their time selling and evangelizing processes and methodologies considered best practices every where else, costing time and resources reinventing the wheel.

Continue embracing change and listening to your people.

All Politics and non-I.T. people lording over I.T. people

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time

Pros

They are taking the correct strategy by switching to a technology company, but sabotage it by letting incompetent I.T. and non-I.T. people rule.

Cons

No one is accountable. Doing the simplest thing requires hours of meetings and politics. VERY hierarchical. If you are below someone they will exert their influence. The illusion of performance is more important than performance, so if you are an expert in I.T. making great progress you will be shot down and micro-managed (since usually short-term sacrifices are required for mid to long-term gains).

You have NO CLUE about technology. Fire incompetents and political saboteurs, hire competent IT people, then get the F out of the way and let them do their job. Ensure no one who isn't born and bred into successful technology has a position of power over those who do.

An Office Full of Bullies

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time

Pros

I really enjoy my actual job duties. Promotion potential is there. I get money back from the wellness program for going to the doctor which is nice.

Cons

The recruiter/my manager oversold the company culture. Even their video with employees saying they work there because of the people feels like a lie now. The people I have to work with have ugly personalities and don't live up to the "shared values". You ask for help/clarification/guidance and managers treat you like it's your fault you don't understand something and use it against you. Even going to HR doesn't help because managers will just say what they know HR wants to hear.

Stop putting all the companies' eggs in the financial basket. People are more than just ways to hit your numbers.

Customer Service Call Center Rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay for a call center. Chance to self promote by your stats on top of monthly bonuses. Great benefits package ,wonderful 401k matching. Incredible time off options/flexability. Supportive direct manager. Lots of charity drive and fundraisers for the community.

Cons

Constant changes in scripts and procedure. Not a lot of chance to move within the company. High turn over, so if your not a natural born, high pressure sales person, its recognized right away and not much done to keep you.

Visionary Company preparing for the future

Current Employee - Sales & Service Representative
    Current Employee - Sales & Service Representative

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great changing environment! management company continually strives to be in the forefront of the industry and is diversifying vertically. Investing in marketing and other services companies to provide a wide range of solutions and products. Gives back to the community!

Cons

Needs to invest in a management succession plan from within! Top management is not diverse.

Not that great. Current manager

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

Work life balance is ideal. Many ways to get involved in the company. On going training and educational series available to employees. Leaders are seen on the floor.

Cons

Managers are not given the opportunity to be autonomous. They are forced to make decisions driven by directors/sr. Leadership. Manage by fear/intimidation. Annual layoffs. Deluxe wants to play like a large organization but they lack the resources, and lack competent leaders. Most leaders at Deluxe would be doing director level work for a small division in a larger organization. It isn't a great place to work, lacking in diversity. Anyone who has ever worked outside of deluxe in the recent past will agree the pay isn't as great as the tenured employees claim it is, hence poor leaders perhaps.

Look at managers. If managers aren't given
    Autonomy you either have the wrong people in the wrong positions or managers managers aren't doing their job by training and developing. upper management is not as competent as one thinks because micro managing is a sign of insecurity and incompetence.

Deluxe Corporation Photos