Deluxe Entertainment Reviews

163 reviews filtered by
2.8
Deluxe Entertainment CEO David Kassler
David Kassler

Pros
  • A great work environment, plus awesome people who work there (in 10 reviews)

• Great people really do work here, as their motto says (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • High level of office politics, gossip, nepotism, work-life balance does not exist (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management has little to no regard for their employees or the ideas/suggestions of their employees (in 13 reviews)

Operations

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment

Pros

Worked with good people for many years.

Cons

Acquisitions over the years has led to a big and corporate environment.

Advice to Management

Value your employees

Hard to say

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment

Pros

Not bad for a medium size company. Better feedback from management would be helpful. I'm not sure whether I'm doing good or bad.

Cons

Many people are either disappointed or don't have the slightest idea what they're future will be like or whether they'll even be happy in the near future.

Advice to Management

Please don't act like you are gods out to screw everyone over. Respect your employees and don't talk to them in a demeaning way.

I was with the company for almost 2 years. I have a great experience working at Deluxe overall.

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities. If you're someone who's eager to learn and ready to roll up your sleeves, you would find Deluxe the company for you. I also worked with very talented business managers and coworkers. Company benefits and programs are great, several medical, dental, and vision options to choose from, great 401(K) company match, and various company events throughout the year.

Cons

I don't really have any negative things to say about Deluxe.

Operator

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some really good co-workers and an opportunity to learn and gain experience

Cons

No cost of living increase in the past 3 years and wages already start below market.
    Layoffs occur without consulting management of that department so departments are left scrambling to fulfill the clients needs.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more transparency between management and the work force. Trust the people you've hired to do the job to actually do the job. Trust that they have valuable input.

Lots of variety

Former Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment

Pros

Lots of post-production work to choose from.

Cons

Lots of uncertainty due to company re-establishing itself in the market place.

IT

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am earning a paycheck

Cons

Been there for years...never once even cost of living raise.

Advice to Management

Quit being stingey

Deluxe is a great place to learn and grow in all areas of the entertainment world. A true leader in the post production

Former Employee - Account Director in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are self motivated and have a thirst for knowledge Deluxe is a great place to work. You can learn something new everyday and co-workers are always happy to share their knowledge. The best and brightest from Sr. Management to the coordinators on down. And if you are the type of person with a thirst for knowledge and success Deluxe is a great place to learn all areas of the post world from sales, planning, analysis and execution.

Cons

If you are not hard working or adept at change management this is not the place for you. You need to be nimble and proactive and are expected to bring solutions to problems. If you are looking to punch a clock you will not be happy at Deluxe.

Advice to Management

Concentrate more on the interview process to only bring in the best and brightest employees that will help contribute to Deluxe's success.

Great, supportive management.

Former Employee - Account Director in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is great at identifying and promoting talent. If you work hard, you will definitely get ahead. Management gives you the tools and support you need to become successful. The culture promotes respect and team work. While this is a fast-paced environment that can stressful at times, everyone is always willing to pitch in during very busy times.

Cons

The company expects proactivity and results. So if you are looking at cushy corporate job where you do the minimum, this is not the place for you.

Great working emvironment with talented peers, solid supervision and hands-on management team.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive compensation, clear and fair time-off policies.

Cons

Lots of talented peers here, so you have to set your goal high and must not be complacent.

Do NOT work for Deluxe, a miserable environment that people are trying to escape from.

Current Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very few pros come to mind. Having over 4 years under my belt at corporate, I guess the following are best:
    - You'll find and identify fellow co-workers doing their best to get by here
    - Free Bagels on Thursdays (though upper management frequently thinks about cutting this perk to cut costs. Will probably be gone within the next year or two)
    - 401k is better than most

Cons

- Layoffs are happening frequently across the company, and will continue to happen in the next year. These layoffs have resulted in employees being thankful to have a job, and fearful of speaking up during open forums that "encourage" feedback.
    - In the four years I have been there I have not received any raise. I only know of two people in my department who have received raises in these 4 + years.
    - Promotion from within is not a concept practiced here. Rather, hiring from the outside instead when positions open up is commonplace.
    - The amount of money employees must contribute to the insurance plan raises consistently each year. It has gotten to the point where I pay double what those at other companies are commonly contributing for the same insurance.
    - Feedback and suggestions is always "encouraged" by upper management, but the moment you do speak up you are quickly challenged, fought, and sent on your way for speaking your mind.
    - Offensive remarks are thrown about often. Ladies, hope you like being called sweetheart and hearing jokes about your personal life.
    - A lot of turnover in executive management, maybe this current realm will stick. This turnover has resulted in several reorgs company wide.
    - Middle management has openly had it out against employees and discussed with these employees' peers that their insubordination will get them on "their bad list". What a surprise, these hardworking and intelligent employees were let go during the next round of layoffs. The group scrambled and still not the same since their departure. Good job guys.
    - Seems like they keep the worst, least qualified employees fearing lawsuit if they are fired.
    - In order to be relevant in the industry, Deluxe has had to buy other companies to stand a chance. This hasn't worked, and results in layoffs when the revenue isn't flowing in like they assumed.

Advice to Management

Identify a strategy and stick with it. Get rid of incompetent middle management and under qualified employees because there is more than enough evidence to justify cause.

Deluxe Entertainment Photos