Deluxe Entertainment

Updated January 25, 2015
2.4

Deluxe Entertainment CEO Cyril Drabinsky
Cyril Drabinsky

Pros
  • A great work environment, plus awesome people who work there (in 10 reviews)

• Great people really do work here, as their motto says (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • High level of office politics, gossip, nepotism, work-life balance does not exist (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management has little to no regard for their employees or the ideas/suggestions of their employees (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Deluxe Nightmare

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Clean work environment. Some fellow employees very competent (programmers).

Cons

Neurotic management, moving entire departments just for the fun of it causing utter total disruption. inept IT department. incompetent and rude middle management.

Become knowledgeable in the latest business and post production media trends and scale the company accordingly. Pay your past due vendors so that departments can move forward. Reward the most knowledgeable and competent employees and promote them as opposed to promoting good looking women in positions they do not deserve. Promote within instead of promoting managers of acquired failed companies.

Great potential squandered by lack of vision

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Huge potential in the marketplace with all the various services available under one roof.

Cons

Company does not value the employees that actually do the work. There are plenty of C Level executives around, but the folks that get the work done and keep the clients happy, well, they're throw away. Further, this is a company that is severely lacking any sort of vision and leadership. A once great company disappearing before our eyes.

Good luck.

Temp army

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Donut Mondays. Mediocre food trucks. I usually find parking in the lot. People here are nice in general and my direct supervisor is a good guy.

Cons

Low pay. No plan to make temps permanent. No raises. Poor communication between different departments leads to inefficient workflows.

Please don't fire me.

Large company, lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really like the fact that because this is such a large company, there are always new opportunities. That being said, you must be proactive and shine so you can be recognized (like any company, I suppose...). Leadership just depends on which department you're in - some are great, some are quite as great, but I loved the management in the 2 departments I've worked for.

Cons

Since it's the entertainment industry, it's very prone to highs and lows. Lows can be scary for job security prupr.

I love this company, very tight nit community

Current Employee - QC Tech in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - QC Tech in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working at deluxe is bagel thursdays and friday treats. I also like the values the company has as a whole.

Cons

mondays, tuesdays, and wednesdays. Also I do not really like how difficult it to solve issues as things have to go through an assemble line of people just to get done.

Moosic, Pennsylvania location

Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Moosic, PA
    Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Moosic, PA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1) I could speak to my Manager and Director about anything - good or bad.

2) My manager and Director were extremely accommodating and understanding of when I needed time off for personal reasons.

3) Deluxe has a Car Pool option in which you can be reimbursed around $50-$60 per month.

4) Free bagels every Wednesday morning.

5) During summer time, they provide free Friday afternoon treats that change weekly (one week it may be ice cream, next week hoagies and chips, root beer floats, etc..)

Cons

1) Deluxe has a shut down between Christmas and New Years that you will not be compensated for. I was given 2 weeks of vacation time (accrued monthly) and employees are expected to stash away 5 days so that it doesn't go unpaid. In fact, a company-wide email was sent out in July as a reminder to set aside 5 days of your personal time. As a full time employee (not a contractor, not a temp, not a consultant) I would expect this to be covered by the company.

2) The Moosic, PA location does not close for severe winter weather conditions. I have been told they never close for bad weather and they never will. My only two floating holidays were eaten up for this reason.

3) If you are the type of person who likes to start the day early and leave work early (3:30pm / 4pm), this is not the place for you.

4) No cafeteria on site. Meals on Montage Mountain / Sno Mountain are not cheap and this can become costly over time. For this reason, the refrigerators get jammed up quickly.

5) Getting stuck on the Mountain for concerts and events is not only infuriating but also a huge inconvenience. Having to jump on I-81 North or South from here is an abomination. If you need to be somewhere right after work, do your best to plan around these things or take a sick day.

- Most employees would rather leave a couple hours early or have half day Fridays in the summer in lieu of all the food treats.

From Family Oriented to Corporate Mess in 5 easy Steps!

Former Employee - QC Technician in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - QC Technician in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cannot speak for current, but they did have a positive work culture, events around holidays, bonuses.

Cons

High level of office politics, gossip, nepotism, work-life balance does not exist. Bonuses have been removed.

Retool upper level management, remove glut of SVP and VP's, find managers who are aware of the current change in the market and can hire and respond accordingly. Stop purchasing companies and focus on the current product.

Ugh

Former Employee - Account Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (more than a year)

Pros

none that i can think of

Cons

not good company is very jaggedy

Low benefit level.

Current Employee - Applications Engineer, Lead in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer, Lead in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Has contact to major movie studios.

Cons

Not a software company, no good for soft engineer.

Visionary in Movie Industry but lacking in IT Technology

Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Deluxe was founded by a visionary man who worked hard to make this company what it is today - the largest post production distributor. Great managers who promote team work.

Cons

The film work tracking software is old and lacks modern technology.

Upgrade software technology.