Demand Solutions Group

CEO

A Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Demand Solutions Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After bouncing from company to company looking for better pay, better management and better culture, I found gold at DSG. A no-nonsense, positive place to work with brilliant co-workers and leading edge customers. My work to home life balance is exactly that - balanced. I have been given opportunities to move in any direction within the organization.

Cons

The majority of management is male. The hours can be long. The company has a remote model, so most of the staff works from home. There are a few office locations in California and Texas.

2. Amazing people!

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Demand Solutions Group as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

What sets DSG apart from other companies is the people. Such a great company to work with and they truly value their team. Wickedly smart folks that do their job well, with a sense of humor, and without burning anyone out. Off the charts rankings with customer satisfaction and retention. Management has high levels of integrity and they mean what they say. Excellent transparency. They treat people like professionals and do not micromanage.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have a negative thing to say.

3. Senior Solutions Architect

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Demand Solutions Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Management is concerned about family work balance. The team works well together and they recognize results. Overall a great place to work

Cons

The remote office model can be lonely at times.

5. Not what I expected

I worked at Demand Solutions Group full-time

Pros

The founders were nice people dedicated to the success of their company. I was able to work in a beautiful area that is not the tech hub of the universe. I was able to pick my own equipment. I gained good experience with NetSuite.

Cons

Javascript programming was misrepresented as Java programming during my interview. Junior technical management was not accustomed to working with a very senior engineer. Timelines were under-estimated. The distributed office environment wasn't as down pat as advertised.

Advice to Management

More realistic representation of company and job requirements. Empower senior engineers to contribute directly to company success.

Great company to work for with strong management team and a very positive team feel

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect

I worked at Demand Solutions Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from anywhere Interesting projects Very talented people and collaborative environment Capable management team Best NetSuite implementors, hands down, in the world

Cons

Size of the company can feel like a constraint Remote model can occasionally feel isolating

7. Excellent boutique consulting company for NetSuite architects

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Demand Solutions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Focused on NetSuite, live/work anywhere, solid client list for projects and recurring support. Well-managed with a great executive team. Very little travel. If you love, live, and breathe NetSuite, this is THE company for you. Co-workers are supportive, fun, engaging. No company politics.

Cons

Work from home only, unless you live in the San Jose area. You will need to be able to thrive in a virtual office world.

Advice to Management

Expand the Salesforce side of the business, since so many NetSuite users are also using Salesforce.

8. DSG could potentially be where I am the remainder of my career.

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect

I have been working at Demand Solutions Group full-time

Pros

Wide array of clients and projects. Supportive and easy going upper management. Flexible schedule working remotely. Great benefits and vacation time.

Cons

Working remotely we don't get to interact as much as we'd like to. As with all systems related positions, some after hours and weekend work is required.

RSS Feed </> Embed