Demandbase

4.0

Demandbase CEO Chris Golec
Chris Golec

Picking Up Major Momentum

I have been working at Demandbase

Pros

The product is differentiated, the quality of the people is very high, there's strong leadership, and everyone is pulling in the same direction. Growth has accelerated rapidly in the last year with new executives and restructures. It's a great place to work, that's on a fantastic trajectory.

Cons

It's still a start up, although late stage. Not for big company loyalists.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time

Pros

love working here! Everyone who works here is very smart, welcoming, friendly, and collaborative. If I have a question about anything, I never hesitate to ask. No question is a dumb question! One of the best aspects about working at Demandbase is that I can see the difference I am making.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to step away from a project for the evening because it's time to go home...

Keep it up! You guys inspire us everyday!

Could not be happier right now!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Demandbase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredible patent-protected proprietary technology with minimal competition in the marketplace, exceptional strategic partnerships with some of the biggest brands in tech, extremely well-connected leadership that spans Silicon Valley & beyond, very large & early investment in (work smarter, not harder) sales technology that grows pipeline at rapid rate, patience re: enterprise sales cycles, consistency in territory spanning years, transparent & exceptional leadership from CEO to Sales to Marketing to HR, complete investment in the success of its people- including full benefit coverage, lucrative comp plan with many kickers. If you're a technology salesperson, you need to consider Demandbase.

Cons

Typical hurdles you'd expect from a small company (around 100 employees): self-starter pro-active culture. You'll have ownership of multiple hats and not everything will be laid out for you in advance. Probably not the best fit for someone leaving a big brand - unless they enjoy these aspects like I do, in that they allow employees to be bought in and cultivate the culture by their actions.

Keep up the great work!

Mature, Energetic and Friendly startup environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This is my first run working at startup and it is very much a pleasant surprise. The people are focused, yet very friendly and willing to help each other. The people are also very smart and garner respect through hard work and a sincere interest in others success. The management does a very good job at keeping the employees informed about the progress of the company and their role in it. It is a pleasure to work here and easy to see there is a lot of opportunity to grow.

Cons

Growing companies do come with some turnover and you lose some people you really like. Sometimes communication on opportunity to move up into leadership roles can also lack at times.

Continue the high level of communication on how the company is doing. Make sure you stay close to those reporting to you and how they are feeling about their role. Continue to paint the clear picture of where the company is going and each persons role in it.

Fast growing start up- lots of opportunity and a great place to work

I have been working at Demandbase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been at Demandbase for a year now. Pros

Career Opportunities/Development- My managers have always been supportive of me learning new skills and are helping me put together a plan for what I can do next. Specific career development trainings are available as well

Projects- Opportunities to work with other teams happen constantly and give me the chance to work on projects that are not necessarily specific to my role but make an impact at the company.

Benefits - Very competitive pay and amazing health benefits. Free snacks/drinks and Friday company lunches were added a couple months ago. Demandbase has an active "Culture Club" that meets weekly to gather feedback from employees and create change with the company culture.

Cons

Cons
    Some company growing pains. Internal process are being formalized as we grow. Change is always constant at startup but I imagine in the next 3 months everything will smooth out

Continue to hire excellent people. Demandbase is filled with great people to work with and whatever hiring strategy is in place needs to stay.
    Continue to build out development programs for employees. They have been very constructive so far.

What a nightmare it was to work at Demandbase!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no PROS working at Demandbase

Cons

What a nightmare it was to work at Demandbase, with an overpriced product that under delivers!

Marketing runs everything and controls everyone including the CEO.
    Their mode of operation: They routinely hire a new crop of sales reps then proceed to fire them within 4 to 6 months when sales targets aren't achieved. They blame sales for the company's lack of success which are in a large part due to Marketing's overblown expectations of a product that is nothing more than a database of company contact data they mapped IP addresses.

Before you take a job offer from Demandbase you should reach out to former employees to get the real truth about this company.

Stop blaming sales for everything that is wrong at Demandbase.

Love this company - great culture, comraderie and development opps

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

culture, opportunity to move up, start-up feel without working 80 hours a week, a start up for grown ups, awesome perks, phenomenal solutions - best in class on the market

Cons

occasionally disjointed groups - each team has a slightly different culture but I feel like this has improved and is being addressed.

Keep developing the employees, and sharing our successes with investors and we will continue to grow and thrive.

Cool product, poor management, zero personal development.

Former Employee - Account Development in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandbase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hot technology to be involved with. Cool kitchen (well, it's true). Great office location.

Cons

Zero vertical mobility. Any feedback to management is taken as an affront to their 'expertise' and quickly dismissed. Marketing owns too much of the 'funnel', leading to distorted metrics, bad behaviors, and an imbalance in overall strategy. Developing 'culture' is only reflected in numbers of bottles downed at Pinot Friday (major drinking culture). Very cliquey...If you're not part of the marketing crew, or 'in' with Chris and Greg, you're really on your own.

Look internally to mid-upper management performance, incentives, and how those are reflected in revenue results. Behavior won't change until comp plans do.

Great Startup to work for!

Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked for other start ups in my career, and Demandbase is by far in the way the best! The product is game changing, management is sincere and driven, and the environment is truly work hard play hard. I've read the other negative reviews, and they simply are just not accurate.

Cons

None really. I guess you could say we are growing rapidly so there is always some bandwidth issues around that, but you should know that that takes place with any startup!

Keep pushing forward...JFDI!

A fun company with very exciting opportunities

I have been working at Demandbase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Demandbase is a truly innovative company, doing things in B2B marketing that no one else does nor can do. This is a high-growth organization with strong potential for getting huge, going public, or getting acquired.

I love working with the Demandbase team, because I have the respect of my piers and customers. Everyone is A-game at this company, and it shows in their hiring strategy. They pick the right people for the roles they need. There is a tangible sense of the value that everyone adds to the organization, and I particularly feel this in my role.

The managers and C-level team that I work with listen to everyone's opinion and they trust their talented teams to do the right things while they provide strong leadership and guidance.

Stock options are fairly generous...
    Many happy Demandbase customers out there...

Cons

There are natural growing pains for company that is still establishing structures, processes, and finding it's footing in the market place.

Would love more PTO / more holidays (who wouldn't).

Keep investing in good people and technology.