Demandbase

Demandbase Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Demandbase CEO Chris Golec

Chris Golec

Could not be happier right now!

Enterprise Sales Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIncredible patent-protected proprietary technology with minimal competition in the marketplace, exceptional strategic partnerships with some of the biggest brands in tech, extremely well-connected leadership that spans Silicon Valley & beyond, very large & early investment in (work smarter, not harder) sales technology that grows pipeline at rapid rate, patience re: enterprise sales cycles, consistency in territory spanning years, transparent & exceptional leadership from CEO to Sales to Marketing to HR, complete investment in the success of its people- including full benefit coverage, lucrative comp plan with many kickers. If you're a technology salesperson, you need to consider Demandbase.

ConsTypical hurdles you'd expect from a small company (around 100 employees): self-starter pro-active culture. You'll have ownership of multiple hats and not everything will be laid out for you in advance. Probably not the best fit for someone leaving a big brand - unless they enjoy these aspects like I do, in that they allow employees to be bought in and cultivate the culture by their actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Mature, Energetic and Friendly startup environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThis is my first run working at startup and it is very much a pleasant surprise. The people are focused, yet very friendly and willing to help each other. The people are also very smart and garner respect through hard work and a sincere interest in others success. The management does a very good job at keeping the employees informed about the progress of the company and their role in it. It is a pleasure to work here and easy to see there is a lot of opportunity to grow.

ConsGrowing companies do come with some turnover and you lose some people you really like. Sometimes communication on opportunity to move up into leadership roles can also lack at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the high level of communication on how the company is doing. Make sure you stay close to those reporting to you and how they are feeling about their role. Continue to paint the clear picture of where the company is going and each persons role in it.

Fast growing start up- lots of opportunity and a great place to work

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI have been at Demandbase for a year now. Pros

Career Opportunities/Development- My managers have always been supportive of me learning new skills and are helping me put together a plan for what I can do next. Specific career development trainings are available as well

Projects- Opportunities to work with other teams happen constantly and give me the chance to work on projects that are not necessarily specific to my role but make an impact at the company.

Benefits - Very competitive pay and amazing health benefits. Free snacks/drinks and Friday company lunches were added a couple months ago. Demandbase has an active "Culture Club" that meets weekly to gather feedback from employees and create change with the company culture.

ConsCons
    Some company growing pains. Internal process are being formalized as we grow. Change is always constant at startup but I imagine in the next 3 months everything will smooth out

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire excellent people. Demandbase is filled with great people to work with and whatever hiring strategy is in place needs to stay.
    Continue to build out development programs for employees. They have been very constructive so far.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a nightmare it was to work at Demandbase!

Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are no PROS working at Demandbase

ConsWhat a nightmare it was to work at Demandbase, with an overpriced product that under delivers!

Marketing runs everything and controls everyone including the CEO.
    Their mode of operation: They routinely hire a new crop of sales reps then proceed to fire them within 4 to 6 months when sales targets aren't achieved. They blame sales for the company's lack of success which are in a large part due to Marketing's overblown expectations of a product that is nothing more than a database of company contact data they mapped IP addresses.

Before you take a job offer from Demandbase you should reach out to former employees to get the real truth about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop blaming sales for everything that is wrong at Demandbase.

Love this company - great culture, comraderie and development opps

Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosculture, opportunity to move up, start-up feel without working 80 hours a week, a start up for grown ups, awesome perks, phenomenal solutions - best in class on the market

Consoccasionally disjointed groups - each team has a slightly different culture but I feel like this has improved and is being addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep developing the employees, and sharing our successes with investors and we will continue to grow and thrive.

Cool product, poor management, zero personal development.

Account Development (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsHot technology to be involved with. Cool kitchen (well, it's true). Great office location.

ConsZero vertical mobility. Any feedback to management is taken as an affront to their 'expertise' and quickly dismissed. Marketing owns too much of the 'funnel', leading to distorted metrics, bad behaviors, and an imbalance in overall strategy. Developing 'culture' is only reflected in numbers of bottles downed at Pinot Friday (major drinking culture). Very cliquey...If you're not part of the marketing crew, or 'in' with Chris and Greg, you're really on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook internally to mid-upper management performance, incentives, and how those are reflected in revenue results. Behavior won't change until comp plans do.

Great Startup to work for!

CSM (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI've worked for other start ups in my career, and Demandbase is by far in the way the best! The product is game changing, management is sincere and driven, and the environment is truly work hard play hard. I've read the other negative reviews, and they simply are just not accurate.

ConsNone really. I guess you could say we are growing rapidly so there is always some bandwidth issues around that, but you should know that that takes place with any startup!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing forward...JFDI!

A fun company with very exciting opportunities

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsDemandbase is a truly innovative company, doing things in B2B marketing that no one else does nor can do. This is a high-growth organization with strong potential for getting huge, going public, or getting acquired.

I love working with the Demandbase team, because I have the respect of my piers and customers. Everyone is A-game at this company, and it shows in their hiring strategy. They pick the right people for the roles they need. There is a tangible sense of the value that everyone adds to the organization, and I particularly feel this in my role.

The managers and C-level team that I work with listen to everyone's opinion and they trust their talented teams to do the right things while they provide strong leadership and guidance.

Stock options are fairly generous...
    Many happy Demandbase customers out there...

ConsThere are natural growing pains for company that is still establishing structures, processes, and finding it's footing in the market place.

Would love more PTO / more holidays (who wouldn't).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in good people and technology.

amazing growth company

Advertising (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsDemandbase was actually ahead of the market for the last couple of years but with the new advertising product, Demandbase SAAS and Ad products are disruptive but no longer too early. Demandbase is a high growth company that is in the right place at the right time.

ConsThere were a few false starts in the past, this is why there is a little negative feedback, but I encourage anyone to look at the existing model and existing market opportunity and you should see both recent success and a much bigger opportunity & a more mature opportunity. High growth opportunities are not for everyone, you need to change with the market and this requires a start-up mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay Agile, test and roll-out. Fail Fast.

Demandbase Makes Work Rewarding

ProsThe people I work with are fantastic, energetic and very smart. There is a high level of mutual respect between myself and my colleagues and each member goes above and beyond to make my day to day tasks attainable as we work together for the success of the company.

Conswith any growing company there is quite a bit of turn over as people learn where the fits are and where they are not. This isnt necessarily a Con, just part of the growth process.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think opening up the availability for more remote workers would increase the selection of candidates and talent could be obtained where otherwise it currently is not.

Worked for Demandbase? Contribute to the Community!