Demandforce Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Brad Smith

Pros
  • The Team very much supports the Work Hard / Play Hard mentality (in 17 reviews)

• The benefits and work life balance philosophy are also great (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Lets say there are 100 sales reps, roughly 10-15 employees hit their quarterly quota (in 8 reviews)

• Middle management still has basically no experience (in 8 reviews)

1. Intuit is a great company

I have been working at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intuit has great benefits, Demandforce has a fun culture

Cons

The industry has become increasingly crowded

2. Account Executive - Demandforce

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, Good pay, A lot of resources available to close deals, Great location downtown, Amazing benefits

Cons

recently downsized due to layoffs, product has fallen behind in the market (but is improving), unknown direction of the company

Advice to Management

Be transparent with the direction of the company and the performance of the organization.

3. Great place to work

I worked at Demandforce

Pros

Fun, fast, great location, close-knit team, great management

Cons

Lots of churn in sales

Account Executive

I have been working at Demandforce full-time

Pros

Lots of talented people in a usually fun work environment. The managers are very knowledgeable and supportive for the most part.

Cons

The product has not changed enough recently to keep pace with competitors, and the direction of the company in uncertain.

Advice to Management

Give the current employees a clear picture of where the company is headed.

Lead Development Rep

Former Employee - Senior Sales Development Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Development Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time

Pros

snack bar, cool people, great all-hands, liked the training program

Cons

I saw the company failing ... so many spontaneous re-org changes, changes in comp, leadership, teams, verticals and all these changes have not been beneficial Sales got to the point it was VERY cut-throat; and all management was doing was firing good sales reps left and right. The culture and morale deteriorated as many reps left the company for better opportunities. I did NOT feel supported by my manager, and feel valued as an employee. My needs weren't met, my voice was not heard, and felt nothing but a number

Advice to Management

Invest in keeping talent and look beyond numbers. Take a step to look back and evaluate what is happening internally before you cut ppl out no mercy

Fun Company, Great People

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at DF for two years in various rolls, sales, account management, new product sales, and now customer marketing consultant. Each role has helped me grow and learn. The people and benefits are amazing also.

Cons

While benefits are amazing, I would like to see more tech style benefits such as consistent lunches provided.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and making changes as necessary.

8. Great company with awesome benefits and great pay

I have been working at Demandforce

Pros

- employees are compensated extremely well -great bonuses and commissions

Cons

It can feel a little overwhelming and chaotic with the constant changes that take place

Advice to Management

Think through strategies thoroughly before implementing them. Making rash decisions adversely affects employees ability to perform above par

Sales is a mess!

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intuit has great benefits Great product (but now its competitive)

Cons

Competitive market High turn over - most don't last 6 months LOW pay compared to other bay area companies Poor management & it doesn't seem like Intuit invests in making them BETTER managers LONG work hours Micromanagement - listen to ALL your calls and will replay them in group settings

Advice to Management

You lost a great sales person because I can't put up with your GRIND... Long hours and dictator style management doesn't work. Please stop listening to calls & replaying them in front of everyone it's degrading.

10. Great Culture, fun activities, prepare to work hard

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Demandforce

Pros

fun culture managers are very chill happy hours and team building dinners/lunches are a plus great training program

Cons

boys club difficult newly implemented path to promotion on a hiriing freeze lots of higher up management politics

Advice to Management

Continue the fun and caring attitude

Started great, ended not so much

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exercise reimbursement, commuter benefits, health benefits, stock purchasing, high 401k match, snacks/drinks, lunch catered last week of the month, company/team outings...all very good. Met some good people there and many of them with excellent sales talent. Once you are past training and "nest" period, you will learn high level sales techniques and methods as all of the managers were successful Account Executives with unique approaches. Bonuses and spiffs were good as well.

Cons

Starting from the beginning...Recruiter was clueless on relocation assistance and process and it created delays on being able to make decisions on leaving in a short timeframe. 1st week product training was great, 2nd week sales training wasn't, which was probably more specific to the instructors. Once on the floor in the "nest" where you are qualifying leads and beginning to prospect/set demos, there is terrible communication between the nesting managers and eventual floor managers, so once you get on the floor, your manager has to end up retraining you to their methods. Since they have just a 1 month policy before you are put on a performance plan and then terminated the following month if you don't hit your goal, the honeymoon period turns into a stressful one and along with myself, I saw job satisfaction take a huge dive as reps started dropping like flies. I would safely say about 50-60% of the people I was in the nest with were either terminated or quit within their first 6 months and we're talking 30-40 reps. (you do get one month of forgiveness initially then a ramp up period...companies that value their sales reps understand the nature of sales and a bad month here and there. 3 months of a verbal warning, written warning and THEN termination are usually the norm with most large companies) Though there are a good variety of different sales approaches due to different verticals, there is nothing that is considered unified, so the advice you get from someone successful in the company could end up not being the way your direct manager wants you to follow. Specific issues that you may have outside of work can many times be catered to depending on your manager, but there were several emails sent by upper management when there was a company change that affected us negatively and they included very sarcastic and dismissive statements in relation to real shared concerns among employees. Overall, many of the emails included non-professionalism from the top. Pay structure is mid-tier and the % of people who hit their number when talking to a recruiter is well below what they say. Even though they advertise how much they have grown and are growing, there's not a ton of room for advancement if that's your goal. Also, if you are able to find the numbers in relation to how many contracts are being signed vs. how many cancels there are, you might cross this one off the list. It says a lot that key members of upper management left the company recently once Demandforce's initial stock matured...

Advice to Management

Professionalism training for upper management, cohesion for the rest. It seems Intuit is focused on the future of Demandforce, but not focused on the present. It's a mess in general and needs real organization.

RSS Feed </> Embed