Demandware Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
Thomas D. Ebling

Pros
  • Great work life balance - remote working (in 3 reviews)

• Great benefits and annual bonuses for everyone (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The only thing I can think of is no 401k Match (in 3 reviews)

• This company is quick to hire and fire (in 2 reviews)

1. N/A

Current Employee - Full-time Employee
    Current Employee - Full-time Employee

I have been working at Demandware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Treats employees very well
    Great benefits
    Comfortable environment and great colleagues that make going in to work every day a treat!

Cons

The commute in to Burlington every morning is a real drag. Try to find a place close to the office.

Advice to Management

Seek out employees / employers that are driven, fast paced, and excited by the work they do. It makes worklife a lot easier!

2. Eight months in

I have been working at Demandware full-time

Pros

My team is great, and there are plenty of opportunities to do something new and interesting.

Cons

The company is growing very fast, and is somewhat disorganized because of that.

Advice to Management

Training videos and quizzes are mostly BS, and easy to 'cheat' on. Get rid of them, everyone hates it.

We need to reward people more when they deliver, and stop handing out fancy job titles like they are candy. I've met more "Architects" than I can count at this point.

We need a better process around hiring. Finding and keeping good people is the most important thing to do right now, but no one is doing a stellar job of it. We need to take this MUCH more seriously.

Please try to do more planning around these corporate events. I appreciate the thought and effort, but I think it is falling far short of being anything valuable. Filling out "bingo" cards (which aren't even bingo cards, by the way) and drinking at 11am before a Red Sox game is not team building. I filled out bingo cards like that in middle school, and adding alcohol to the mix doesn't really make it that much better. Surely we can come up with something more engaging. The same goes for the engineering summit last year - very disappointing.

3. Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Demandware full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing company, lots of users, high impact work, love my coworkers. It's a product that is changing the commerce world and how brands connect with consumers.

Cons

Not an easy job, changes impact millions of users which can sometimes be very stressful.

Advice to Management

keep it going

5. Management needs work

I have been working at Demandware full-time

Pros

Great product, incredible clients and excellent Partners

Cons

Management needs a lot of work

Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Demandware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely strong culture,and cutting edge technology at a scale in the cloud that few other companies are doing. We have smart people who are accountable which makes a huge difference knowing people are vested in the outcome of what we do. I love that the company pays attention to the little things that make a difference...leadership has designed a structure that makes it easy to work here, not harder.

Cons

Not many come to mind. The pace of growth is staggering at times and you work hard, but you are rewarded for it...so not really a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep being accessible and communicating the long term vision!

7. Former Tomax Employee

I worked at Demandware

Pros

I worked on many different teams. The employees were awesome to work with and were very helpful to learn new skills.

Cons

Tomax grew throughout the years and was eventually sold to Demandware. It didn't retain the small company family feel that it once had.

Advice to Management

You are losing good people to other companies because the overall feel is that management no longer cares about its employees.

Great company, exciting industry

Current Employee - Senior Marketing in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Demandware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do a great job encouraging growth within the company. Many employees have moved within the organization trying out numerous different roles. They also provide a very family friendly atmosphere, which makes it a great place to work for young families.

Cons

Getting a little big and as a result, becoming more bureaucratic (though still better than most companies its size). They can also be a little stingy with raises from time to time. I don't think they pay as well as other oranizations in the Tech space, but the lifestyle may make up for it.

The best company that I've ever worked for

I have been working at Demandware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, technology, market opportunity, culture

Cons

Growing pains as we scale. Natural for hot tech companies. we are managing this well however

Advice to Management

Be more aggressive in the go to market. company still not as well known considering how good we really are!

Newbie from Tomax

Current Employee - Support Advocate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Support Advocate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Demandware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am a current Tomax employee and after looking at the reviews and learning more about Demandware I am very excited for the future. What I have experienced so far has been very positive.

Cons

None that I can see so far. See what the future holds for us. Looking forward to finding out what is in store.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Demandware Response

May 5, 2015Recruiting Operations Specialist

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are excited to have Tomax as a part of our team. If there is anything we can do to improve please reach out to HR :)

11. Rapidly growing company developing new retail solutions with a bright future

Current Employee - Software Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Demandware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tomax was recently acquired by Demandware to be the in store solution to Demandware's online presence.

There is a growing group in Tomax that has started building next generation technologies and solutions over the last couple years. New technologies include iOs apps, BigData, Scala etc. That new team is the place to be in the company it has a great small team/startup, results driven mentality.

Pro's include lots of growth opportunity and personal development, regular code reviews that are actually helpful, and an extremely positive friendly culture. Every single person I've worked with in the group has been happy to be at work and happy to help other people in the group.

Cons

There's a lot up in the air with the integration of Tomax and Demandware, and it's also creating some aggressive goals and timelines.

Some of the older teams in the company don't have as good of a culture or as positive of an attitude.

While some technology and code is cutting edge, some of the technology and code being used is very old and can be challenging to work with.

RSS Feed </> Embed