Demandware

www.demandware.com

Demandware Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Thomas D. Ebling

Great company, great people, great benefits

Director In Engineering (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsI have to echo what others have said here. I have been with the company for almost 8 years and hope to be here for another 8 years or more. Excellent culture and best in class people. Alot of passion for our product and our customers and you see this at all levels in the company from the top down. The executive team is getting stronger each year with new people being added. We feel like a strong, solid company that will be here for a long time and I'm glad to be part of it. We have unlimited possibilities here.

ConsWe are growing fast. There are a lot of new faces every week so it's hard to keep up. It's not a bad thing but we are losing our small company feel very quickly. The executive team does a good job though of keeping our small-company way of thinking alive since this is what has made us so successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the good work and keep focused on the people. We appreciate it and it helps motivate us to do better. We are much better than years ago when there was more infighting between groups, but we can keep getting better. A 401(k) match and more MACs would be nice but other than that we are very well treated here so I cannot complain!

Avoid this place if you can

Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee)

Prosjust have some decent benefits

Consjust don't work for this company. they are very hard to work for and over-work their employees.
    justr avoid this place

Advice to Senior Managementread above review

Amazing culture, best company I've worked for

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsGreat product, challenging projects, and awesome culture. The culture and people are the best part of working here and the company puts a lot of emphasis on making sure employees are satisfied. It makes a huge difference when we are working really hard with difficult assignments. Executive team is awesome and very supportive.

ConsOur product is complex and the demands with competition is high, so this is not a company where you can just sit back and coast by. You have to be willing to work hard and actually care about what you do if you want to be successful here. People who are mediocre or looking to coast don't last very long at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on career development and creating opportunities for growth. Keep providing the training opportunities, it's nice to know you are investing. Don't grow too fast and acquire too many companies and spread ourselves too thin. Keep up the great work with the benefits and perks of being here, like things like the sabbatical benefit. Let's not lose our edge in the market!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing company, great people to work with, and awesome culture

Software Developer (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsBest place I've ever worked! I love my team, our product is phenomenal, and we are treated very well here. Great benefits, great pay, and not a ton of bad politics here. We work really hard but are rewarded for our work, and getting more acknowledgment and recognition as well. The company takes employee feedback seriously and I love that about our culture.

ConsYou can't survive here if you're not competent. People get figured out quickly and if you're not performing up to par, you're out. It is sometimes frustrating to see people stay because they think they can get by on the backs of other people's work, but eventually managers figure it out and they are weeded out. Sometimes I think we recognize sales people too much. It is their jobs to make their numbers, and they get rewarded well for that

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on employees like you are doing. Don't let it get too political here. Continue to pay people well and offer great benefits like the sabbatical, paying for medical insurance, great time off, etc. Don't start acting like a "big company" and lose our start up culture, that's one of the best things about Demandware.

Revolving door for salespeople West of the Mississippi

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsStrong commitment to customer success
    Seasoned management team.
    Compelling company vision
    Innovative, well-architected product
    Talented, motivated workforce

Cons8 or 9 sales reps West of Mississippi from last year are no longer with the company

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps the reason that your sales reps are not performing as effectively as you'd like is because they are not getting the support they need.

There is a tremendous opportunity cost when going through such high churn of sales people. Adapt!

Great company in all regards!

Customer Success (Current Employee)

ProsThis company truly puts customer success first and makes all the right decisions to ensure every customer is successful on the platform. I strongly believe that once you have very happy customers, everything else follows along. Compensation, culture, innovation, teamwork and support are all top notch at Demandware. This is the first company I've worked for that I would recommend without reservation to a friend.

ConsDue to the company's success at bringing in so many new customers, the 'ideal' customer is harder to find.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that the Demandware solution has enough breadth to remain best in class as the market evolves.

Outstanding Company!

Senior Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsDemandware fosters a team environment and they truly care about their employees. The chain of command is the best I have ever come across or have had the pleasure of working for. The atmosphere is very friendly and comfortable. I am extremely proud to say that I work for Demandware!

ConsThe Commute - Traffic on 95 is awful no matter who you work for!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Excellent company

Tech Support Engineer (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsCompetency is very high, and the company has an excellent product. People are enthusiastic about their work and are a friendly bunch.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Amazing place to work

Software Developer (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsGreat people and product, excellent compensation/benefits, work hard/play hard culture

ConsSome politics, but not nearly as bad as most companies

Great company to work for, no question

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsFirst, whoever wrote the last review is thinking of another company or is speaking of something that happened in the past, because there are no layoffs here, and we're hiring like crazy because the company is doing so well.

Second, the products and services we offer are AWESOME. That's one of the reasons I came here and I still think we have the best value proposition in the market. Our product is cool and innovative, so that's the primary reason I'm here.

Third, the people are awesome too. Lots of really talented, smart, driven people at this company. If you are looking for a free ride or don't want to roll up your sleeves and get a little dirty, then this isn't the place for you. It's an all hands on deck company, without a lot of fat so working hard is a given.

Compensation and bennies are great too - much better than most companies in this area. No complaints there.

Strong management team as well.

ConsCompany needs to keep it's eye on the prize and not get distracted from what it does best, that's the biggest concern I have now that we're public. We're sitting on a goldmine because our products and services are stellar, but we can't sit back and rest because there's always new competition nipping at our heels.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose sight of what we do best. Keep treating employees well.

Worked for Demandware? Contribute to the Community!