Denali Advanced Integration

Be The First To
Add Photos

Majdi Daher

Good company, good people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team, stable company. Lots of good people and different business focuses.

ConsSlow growing or stagnant company, not a lot of room for rapid career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearer ways to grow a career from entry level positions is needed.

Decent, family run business - but expect lit'l to no med/den benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsIf you get in good with the family/owners - you'll do fairly well in the organization. No travel required. Depending on the business unit, the units are fairly independent and self sustaining. And otherwise good work, life balance. If single and relatively healthy - the health benefits (e.g. costs) are good.

ConsFamily benefits are horrible and/or not existent. It's almost worth not getting benefits from the company and getting med/den from external providers. And what makes it worst - every year they continue to provide, deliver less to the employees. It was horrible...

Advice to Senior Management- Versus boasting your awards and industry accolades - pay more attention to your employees; they are your most important asset.
    - If you don't review and change your benefits package, more people will leave. And less people will want to join the organization.
    - Please, please host your single company party to a different venue. Hosting it at the same location year after year is "boring". And it does nothing to improve employee morale

I was President for a number of years and then CTO

Manager (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsExcellent place for a self starter

ConsLack of structure can be challenging for some.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on focusing on the customer as the first priority and everything will work out well

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is an Ok company for someone that has big dreams in IT

ProsI believe the culture is very accomodative. From an offsite company employee pespective.

ConsThe money wasnt that good but they took care of us us employees offsite pretty good.

Positive work environment, but not the best place for a career.

Desktop Technician (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsIt's a good place to start out, the managers treat employees with respect, and HR tends to be pretty responsive. If you have a tumultuous life event happen while you're employed, management will work with you to make sure you can stay employed. For example, I know one employee that had to move to a different state to take care of his ailing parents, and Denali made arrangements for him to work remotely from that state. Most companies would just cut that person loose.

ConsThere doesn't seem to be much in the way as far as advancement opportunities. Whatever position you end up in, it tends to be a dead end. This is something that they're trying to fix, but it will probably take a couple of years.

Turnover tends to be pretty high, because the pay is pretty low. Because of this, a lot of people just use Denali as a stepping stone to a better opportunity.

I would also say that as far as projects go, they don't seem to be planned out very coherently. If you are developing a certain skill, and want to put it to use, it's pretty hard to get an assignment to put that skill to use.

There is also a problem of nepotism. I've encountered people that would have been fired many times over at other companies, remain employed because their family member is a friend of the CEO, or some other member of management. Every company has a problem like this at some level, but it just seems especially blatant at Denali.

Lastly, if you want to obtain a certification, they will only pay for the test, not the study materials.

Advice to Senior ManagementDenali has the capacity to be a great place to work, with some additional perks and higher pay, it would attract the talent that you are seeking..

a rough ride

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

Pros* Excellent technical staff - willing to share information
    * Small company - opportunity to lean

Cons* Small company - Employees need to prove value quickly
    * Management doesn't have luxury of long term vision

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to your word - if you go into a room of employees and say "I'm sticking with you, don't worry. We can hold out for 2 years" don't turn around and fire half those people over the course of the next 9 months.

Great place to learn and grow in the IT field. The company also cares about their employees more than most companies

Desktop Support Technician Tier II (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI have had the opportunity to work all over Seattle and north gaining experience from other IT staff. This includes my position in Desktop Support and had the experience to work with Networking, EUD Engineering, Production Support, Application Analysts and so on. I can't stress enough how great of a learning experience you will get as long as you are willing to learn. They will also pay for any Certifications you are willing to get.

Also, they really take care of you with a full health package that gives you options and a time off policy that lets you take the time off before you have accumulated the hours. Again, they really do care about their employees.

If you read the bad stuff here, I have seen first hand what happens. They start complaining and do not communicate with HR or their direct managers. I had a great time while employed with Denali and left because of relocation in an area they are not at.

Cons1 thing only. At the time I worked there (I do not know if this has changed or not), although they did offer a 401k plan, Denali did not contribute. Again, this may have changed and considering the upside of the experience you get and all of the other qualities that make this place a fun learning environment, this is not a reason to not work for Denali.

In response to the non-compete form, I do not see this as a "limitation" of places to work. The non compete clause simply states that you cannot go to an employer that you may have been contracted with and ask them to hire you for a similar role within an amount of time. This is a standard practice and most contracting (Denali is NOT a staffing firm, do not get that mixed up) companies have this policy in effect. Most other companies have very strict policies, unlike this one.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the words of Joe Dirt, "Keep on keepin' on!" The way you structure your staff is a well organized environment.

Great Innovative Company that cares about their employees and clients.

Account Provisioning (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsEmployes are full time but work contract positions at various client locations which allows for a variety of opportunities to further your IT experiences while maintaining continious employment after a contract end unlike similiar companies that lay off workers until something else comes along.

ConsAverage pay is below industry standards and benefits are not as good as they could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the employee activities to show your appreciation to employees but consider revamping salary ranges in order to keep employees from leaving for better paying jobs. Also spend more money or find a better provider of benefits that is willing to give you better medical plans.

Great place to work!

Engineer (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThis organization is very open to new ideas and solutions. They value their employees and the effort that goes into providing great service for clients.

ConsNothing to report at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job! Keep up the good work.

Interesting, challenging.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsKnowledgeable employees, and they try to help. Large client base, lots of money coming in.

ConsLow pay, low benefits, large turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to work with your employees and place their talent within the structure and not just cast them aside.

Worked for Denali Advanced Integration? Contribute to the Community!