Denali Advanced Integration

Updated November 23, 2014

Majdi Daher

Good company, good people

I worked at Denali Advanced Integration

Pros

Great team, stable company. Lots of good people and different business focuses.

Cons

Slow growing or stagnant company, not a lot of room for rapid career advancement.

Clearer ways to grow a career from entry level positions is needed.

Nov 12, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments! Management does like to look within to promote emerging talent when needs arise, but we recognize that rapid career advancement is not always a reality. Thank you again!

Could not be a worse place to work

Former Employee - Sales in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redmond, WA

I worked at Denali Advanced Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is really hard to give you a pro, the owners are dishonest, the turnover is well over 50%, they have the worst benefits in the industry, and they have a non compete that they will enforce so you can't feed your family, and these are the pro's!

Cons

They will not pay you what they promise, they bait and switch, they have the worst customer satisfaction in the market, and they can only get business if they buy it. They try and cover their real culture with press releases, and it s always the owner talking about how wonderful he is, trust me, it isn't try.

You really need to get out of the business, stick with loan sharking, it fits you

Bait & Switch

I worked at Denali Advanced Integration full-time

Pros

I'm struggling to figure out the real pro's to this company. If you can weather the chaos and the unusally high levels of politics then it might be an "ok" place to work. I was hired for one position and it was clear they lied about the nature of the job and what they expected of me. I felt like I bought a car and instead they gave me a tricycle - with a missing tire.

Cons

Leadership - their approach is misplaced and lacked any clear vision. I was constantly shocked by how they did everything.
    Benefits - just god awful. They actually got worse before I left. I didn't think that was even possible.
    High Turn-Over - no one wanted to stay - though it wasn't for being overworked, many of these people never broke 50% utilization. I suspect it was more the chaos, the lack of any yearly raises, and bad benefits.
    Project Management - the PM's were overwhelmed and out of control - would go dark with no status - no predictability.

Reboot.

Great "first step", but get while the window is open

Former Employee - Field Services Technician/Desktop Support Analyst in Redmond, WA

I worked at Denali Advanced Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Field Services will give you more exposure into enterprise IT than any other opportunity, and good networkers can build relationships to new things.
    -If you like working like you are running your own small business, you will notice management is pretty hands off

Cons

Wow, so many to list:
    -3 years without a raise
    -Bottom of the barrel benefits
    -Way too much "undocumented" work required (chasing your own parts, redundant reporting)
    -PM team is horrible; it will take no less than three days of being on a project before you know what the project entails (and that is because the customer finally broken down and told you)
    -Only employee event is a "holiday party", in the same place every year. Also the same mediocre meals served, and "gifts" of repurposed freebies Mike collected over the year
    -Will not reimburse mileage to IRS levels
    -Will push back on every expense
    -will not promote from within (unless you are in management)

Fire everyone with a title higher than "Coordinator" and start over. You cant fix this company from the bottom.

Nov 12, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments - we always welcome feedback, especially when it is as honest in nature as yours. We can't fix the past, but Denali is always making strides to provide a rich work ... More

Both good and bad depending on where you land

I have been working at Denali Advanced Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty good work life balance that allows work from home when needed as long as you are willing to put in the time when it's necessary. Salary compensation is competitive with the industry.

Cons

Benefit package is one of the worst I've seen, get what you can in salary because it wont be there in the benefits. Upper management is constantly changing structure causing a lot of stress and confusion.

Set a direction and stick to it.

Oct 29, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your candidate review! We strive to create a solid work/life balance, and we do consistently review the benefit package to make improvements where possible. Thank you again for taking ... More

Decent, family run business - but expect lit'l to no med/den benefits

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Denali Advanced Integration full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you get in good with the family/owners - you'll do fairly well in the organization. No travel required. Depending on the business unit, the units are fairly independent and self sustaining. And otherwise good work, life balance. If single and relatively healthy - the health benefits (e.g. costs) are good.

Cons

Family benefits are horrible and/or not existent. It's almost worth not getting benefits from the company and getting med/den from external providers. And what makes it worst - every year they continue to provide, deliver less to the employees. It was horrible...

- Versus boasting your awards and industry accolades - pay more attention to your employees; they are your most important asset.
    - If you don't review and change your benefits package, more people will leave. And less people will want to join the organization.
    - Please, please host your single company party to a different venue. Hosting it at the same location year after year is "boring". And it does nothing to improve employee morale

I was President for a number of years and then CTO

Former Employee - Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Denali Advanced Integration full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent place for a self starter

Cons

Lack of structure can be challenging for some.

Keep on focusing on the customer as the first priority and everything will work out well

It is an Ok company for someone that has big dreams in IT

I have been working at Denali Advanced Integration full-time

Pros

I believe the culture is very accomodative. From an offsite company employee pespective.

Cons

The money wasnt that good but they took care of us us employees offsite pretty good.

Positive work environment, but not the best place for a career.

Current Employee - Desktop Technician in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Desktop Technician in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Denali Advanced Integration full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a good place to start out, the managers treat employees with respect, and HR tends to be pretty responsive. If you have a tumultuous life event happen while you're employed, management will work with you to make sure you can stay employed. For example, I know one employee that had to move to a different state to take care of his ailing parents, and Denali made arrangements for him to work remotely from that state. Most companies would just cut that person loose.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be much in the way as far as advancement opportunities. Whatever position you end up in, it tends to be a dead end. This is something that they're trying to fix, but it will probably take a couple of years.

Turnover tends to be pretty high, because the pay is pretty low. Because of this, a lot of people just use Denali as a stepping stone to a better opportunity.

I would also say that as far as projects go, they don't seem to be planned out very coherently. If you are developing a certain skill, and want to put it to use, it's pretty hard to get an assignment to put that skill to use.

There is also a problem of nepotism. I've encountered people that would have been fired many times over at other companies, remain employed because their family member is a friend of the CEO, or some other member of management. Every company has a problem like this at some level, but it just seems especially blatant at Denali.

Lastly, if you want to obtain a certification, they will only pay for the test, not the study materials.

Denali has the capacity to be a great place to work, with some additional perks and higher pay, it would attract the talent that you are seeking..

a rough ride

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Denali Advanced Integration full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* Excellent technical staff - willing to share information
    * Small company - opportunity to lean

Cons

* Small company - Employees need to prove value quickly
    * Management doesn't have luxury of long term vision

Stick to your word - if you go into a room of employees and say "I'm sticking with you, don't worry. We can hold out for 2 years" don't turn around and fire half those people over the course of the next 9 months.

Denali Advanced Integration Photos