Denali Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Denali Group Founder and Managing Partner John Evans

John Evans

Small Company, Great Family, Great oportunity to learn and grow.

Senior Sourcing Associate (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat environment. This company offer a great environment to work,
    Great people. People from all around world is working here. It creates a big pot of culture and different business experience helping the company to grow.
    Big clients = big opportunities to learn more
    Open channel with management team. The doors are always open and you’re more than welcome to share your ideas.

ConsPayment/benefits could be better
    Sales team should be more challenged. I know they can do a better work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of our team leads are very good technically but they don't know how to deal with people. Let's empower some of our folks.

Good Small Organization

Senior Sourcing Associate (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsSize, People, Management, Culture, Entreprenurial, Clients

ConsStructure, Pace, Benefits, Infrastructure, Evolving

Great people, challenging clients, and growing company!!

Bellevue, WA

ProsThe people are great at Denali. It is a very diverse workforce with 15+ languages spoken in our Bellevue office. The management team values work/life balance and is very flexible to accommodate its employees. Our clients are challenging and keep us busy. People who perform are promoted and given more responsibilities.

ConsDenali is a small company that is growing and constantly evolving. People who do not like change and cannot adapt quickly will struggle.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Headline

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Truckee, CA

ProsGood pay. Interesting work most of the time. Good people.

ConsCompany did not share info about direction of company or involve consultants in project pipeline visibility. Some performance feedback not given clearly or in a timely way.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring non-partner staff into the loop more. Encourage more selling and up side for staff.

Growing Company, treats current employees like crap.

Bellevue, WA

ProsFlexible hours, most of the upper managent sits in meetings, would never notice if your not there. Great co-workers, terrible leadership.

ConsPay. prepare to work for peanuts and be passed over for promotions and advancement. No rhyme or reason for what they do. New hires always make more than the seasoned staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook internally before externally. Open your wallets a bit more, most of he staff is looking for second jobs.

Sourcing Associate

Soiurcing Associate (Current Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsOpportunity
    Challenges
    Great Management Team
    True Strategic Sourcing Work
    Entrepreneurial

ConsStart Up environment with less structure
    Working Hours could be long depending on the client

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat communication on what's happening with the company - Keep that going.
    Keep listening to employees to decide on what's important for developing the organization.

Good Opportunities, Management and Clients.

Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsGood Management, Clients and Salary.
    This company has a great working culture, infrstructure and policies.

ConsWorking hours sometimes do not allow to keep work life balance.

Denali is a great place to work for the flexible, hungry, and intelligent

ProsManagement tries to learn from the past and continually make improvements. There is a "Culture Club" that consists of employees who work to create the kind of company we want to work for. Everyone is really nice and friendly - it is extremely diverse in the people we have with many nationalities being represented. There is a genuine commitment from the top to expand our business and therefore, with time and patience - lots of opportunity for a career path and professional growth.

ConsAs a growing company, we need to be very flexible in changing our tasks, and going with the flow of growth or need. Your success here will be somewhat determined by how you use the flexible environment to make contributions back to the company and toward your own professional growth. If you can motivate yourself and have the discipline to use any 'extra' time toward your own career path, you will fit in well. In an age with instant texts, and emails, most people do not have the patience and flexibility for a company like Denali. Sometimes, they are more reactive instead of proactive and this can create a ripple of undesired results. If you think you can delegate your work - this isn't the place - people need to "own" the projects from beginning to end. The structure is fairly flat.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening, keep refining, keep recognizing, keep it up!

Lots of hype, little substance

Sourcing Analyst/Associate (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities to work with big-name clients and can network into something better. Paychecks arrive on time. Co-workers (not management) are nice.

ConsLow salary (typical offer is well below market rate), minimal benefits. Repetitive tasks. Pay-raises with promotions are tiny to non-existent. Promotions are infrequent. Management is incompetent. Small company that manages to miss the good parts about being a small business.

Advice to Senior Managementcannot create an atmosphere where people feel loyal and motivated if the incentives offered are meaningless. Fix problems instead of creating more tracking sheets. Stop overselling entry level jobs as "mini-consulting" engagements.

Worked for Denali Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Denali Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Denali Group CEO John Evans. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Denali Group employees.