Denbury Resources Reviews

Denbury Resources CEO Phil Rykhoek
Phil Rykhoek

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

I worked at Denbury Resources full-time

Pros

The Good: Some really great people. Mostly very personable. Don't think I have ever worked around a more pleasant bunch.

Cons

The Bad: An air of competitiveness at the top which is not healthy. Silos in the Asset Teams which speak for other groups without consultation and are seriously wrong. Top Management which turns on positive change work and then walks away.

The Ugly: Pace the work. Accept uncertainty and demand an accounting of it. A hurried golf swing does not work well. A hurried development plan does not either. Spending way too much and getting way too little.

New management not managers at all

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Denbury Resources full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Building is beautiful and cafe is nice but management is clueless.

Cons

Grew too fast without policies and procedures in place

Realize that high turnover = problem with management! Look at your managers before you let another asset walk out.

Great Company

I have been working at Denbury Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, benifits, company values, relaxed atmoshphere, and we all get along.

Cons

Management needs some help, and some people are paid high salaries and are not working as hard as they should.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Supply Chain- Worst Job EVER!!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Plano, TX

I have been working at Denbury Resources full-time

Pros

I dont see any pro's. The company used to have work life balance until the last year and a half.

Cons

Terrible choice in hire, pure drama. In desperate need of new management. Management micro manages so much you spend more time showing them what you're doing rather than actually working. Company has taken a terrible turn for the worse. No work life balance. Worst job ever!! You have to brown nose to the extreme to get anywhere in this company.

Take classes on ethics and get some morals. Stop promoting people who have no business being promoted.

Intially the company was great, but it has taken a negative downward spiral

I have been working at Denbury Resources full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, 9/80 schedule is great, decent pay, free breakfast and lunch

Cons

Managers only promote if you kiss up to them, mgr inqures too much of employees' personal life, mgrs are bullies and don't want you to excel in the company. Mgrs don't encourage upward movement in the company. Also, mgr are not good mentors, will smile in your face and backstab you if you don't kiss up to them.

Train mgmt to properly mentor staff and be more direct with staff. Remove the factor of being too personal. We must work and have a great working relationship, but mgmt gets caught up with too much gossip and some things could easily taken to HR for further action.

Denbury is a Great Place to Be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Denbury Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Denbury is a great place to work, compared to other companies that I've worked at in the past it is a dream! My Manager gives me the tools I need to succeed in my position, while giving me the freedom to do my work and accomplish my goals without being micro-managed. The compensation and benefits at Denbury are excellent and well above average for this area. The company offers a flexible work schedule, gives back to the community by sponsoring charitable events and recognizes employees for a job well done.

Cons

The company is small-to-mid sized so there are opportunities for advancement, just not as plentiful as larger organizations.

Waste of one year and a half of my life

Former Employee - Contracts  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Contracts in Plano, TX

I worked at Denbury Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent pay, excellent benefits, great perks, café, great location

Cons

Worked in a HORRIBLE, TOXIC department with a HORRIBLE manager and a director with no backbone. Very unprofessional, ridiculous expectations, constant favoritism. This department is built on lies, and is falling apart....sooner than later. Current manager continues to waste precious time by creating meeting invites every day all day to appear busy. As if a better workflow process is not needed

Stop hiring people that you know or who has brushed shoulders with your spouses. Hire people who are qualified to do the job, managers who know how to manage instead of stomping around the hallways as if they are sure that they're doing the job correctly when they are not

Stay Away from Revenue Dept - Toxic

Current Employee - Revenue Accountant  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Revenue Accountant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Denbury Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Café is nice! Any other department in Accounting is great but stay away from Revenue!

Cons

All of accounting has more turn over than any other department but Revenue is a pit. HR is a joke! All of the HR goes on mgmt. retreats and conf. and then they all go out drinking together afterward. So good luck when the head of Revenue's wrath is upon you!

Um seriously HR?! HA! Other than that keep selling it because everyone seems to be buying! I did too.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Geological Clerk  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Geological Clerk in Plano, TX

I worked at Denbury Resources part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Denbury is very invested in its employees and offers many opportunities for social interaction and involvement. The company is casual in terms of dress, etc., but takes its work seriously and produces good results. There are opportunities for growth if you begin at the bottom and have the appropriate education. Company is flexible with hours and offers great benefits and perks.

Cons

Management is not always evenly distributed. For example, someone with engineering background may oversee geologists without really being qualified to do so. Some employees do not take their work as seriously as others and there are a lot of "time wasters."

Management could do a better job delegating tasks and vesting more responsibility in their employees, especially in the middle level. The intern program is often a waste of resources and should be reevaluated. There should be more opportunity for employee feedback.

This Company is in Trouble

Former Employee - Technical Staff  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Staff in Plano, TX

I worked at Denbury Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company Cafe and decent corporate culture.

Cons

Overactive HR department
    More mangers than leaders
    Poor long term direction one "PURE" strategy

The strategy to go "PURE" is flawed. I would not invest in this company because there is not diversification to offset any new government regulations or regulations from releases of CO2 in a densely populated area. The long term strategy needs to be rethought.

T.he PURE strategy will also cause problems with dividend distribution with the parent corporation or MLP properties when dropped into an MLP.

An institution looking to invest here should look elsewhere. Too much risk associated with this company and they are at the tail end of the process with some big PA liabilities at the end of this rainbow.

Worked for Denbury Resources? Contribute to the Community!