Denbury Resources Reviews

Phil Rykhoek

1. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Denbury Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Top notch employees, unique culture, benefits and compensation, "open door" offices, relaxed dress, fringe benefits (i.e. cafe, meals to go, events, etc.)

Cons

Lack of upward mobility, unpredictable market

2. Lots of highs and lows, you'll love it or maybe hate it

I worked at Denbury Resources full-time

Pros

Techs get more recognition and respect than they would most anywhere else. You get a lot of opportunities to speak with management, they are very accessible. Creativity is welcome. Great place to work when oil prices are over 70 or 80 $/bbl. Relaxed atmosphere... usually.

Cons

Management is "different" than most and not all of that is good. Many of them don't seem to "get it". The Denbury culture has it's good points but I think it does more harm than good when oil prices fall below a certain level.

Advice to Management

Don't "throw the baby out with the bath water". Panic seems to set in when prices are low and it seems as if reason and "who you are" is lost. Figure out what is "really" wrong and don't have a knee-jerk reaction. Just fix it with care and consideration.

No longer a top 100 company

I have been working at Denbury Resources

Pros

Good benefits. Intelligent, innovative and intuitive employees. Dedicated employees make up for poor management.

Cons

Current Lay offs, possible future lay offs !! Poor job security. Continuous reduction in benefits. Poor middle management. Managers valued more than long term employees. There really is no reason to water down the condiments in the kitchen to save a buck.

Advice to Management

Too many managers that don't know how to manage. Reduction in benefits, terrible stock price, bonus delays and lay offs make this just an average company to work for. Denbury should no longer be considered a top 100 company.

At first thought it was a great company. No longer think that and glad I moved on.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Plano, TX

I worked at Denbury Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits were good. Really nothing else was good.

Cons

Where do I begin. Poor leadership. No advancement, gossiping, clicky, stressful place to work. VERY HIGH turnover. Unstable place to work.

Advice to Management

Support your good employees and take the bad ones away. Bad employees were rewarded, good employees were let go.

6. Tech

Current Employee - Engineering Tech in Krugerville, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering Tech in Krugerville, TX

I have been working at Denbury Resources (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and benefits. Always an opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Some people whine about actually working the full 40 hours. Imagine that, an employer that expects their employees to work what they are getting paid for,

a lot of unhappy employees

I worked at Denbury Resources

Pros

compensation, benefits, nice location, free lunch

Cons

Management does not hold employees accountable. If someone is not meeting expectations the answer is to reassign the work to someone else. There are people working there who management knows are incompetent but because they have been there for a long time they are allowed to remain there anyway, this includes members of management. There were a lot of unhappy people working there.

Mom and pop oil and gas reting to compete in real world

I worked at Denbury Resources full-time

Pros

Very casual work environment, low key culture is seductive- holdover from early days Business model is focused on CO2 EOR Executive managment is accessible

Cons

Paternal culture is very popular but does not tie to company performance or profitability Culture is slowly adapting to reality of modern business, legacy employees still feel entitled, slow to embrace change

Advice to Management

Continue to grow accountability and reward impactful results. Weed out legacy deadwood, they are not doing you any favors. Grow expectations for technical excellence and cost reduction goals.

Supply chain contracts

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant-Supply Chain Contracts in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant-Supply Chain Contracts in Plano, TX

I worked at Denbury Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, nice building, cafe, good pay

Cons

Horrible management, office politics, tremendously disorganized, favori

Advice to Management

Hire people who are genuinely qualified and not simply because you know them.

Geology summer intern

Former Employee - Intern in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Plano, TX

I worked at Denbury Resources

Pros

The company has a great intern program. It was my first internship experience and they were helpful not only getting me started on my project but making sure I felt like I was part of the team. I was able to work within a multidisciplinary team on a weekly bases and learned more than I was expecting. I was given a set project however had the liberty to expand and include additional parts and groups as I felt necessary.

Cons

I did not experience any major cons during my time with Denbury

All in all, a great company to work for.

I have been working at Denbury Resources

Pros

Very competitive pay and benefits. Chance to work a 9/80 work schedule. Exceptional co-workers that are great to work with.

Cons

Like most companies in the industry, Denbury is currently experiencing a low oil price environment , hence, is making the necessary adjustments to bring positive results for shareholders. However, Denbury is built for the future with its sequestration process and will be a proven leader in the industry for the years to come.

RSS Feed </> Embed