Denim Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.2
Sheridan Chambers, Dan Cornell, and John Dickson

Great Workplace. Insightful People. Innovative Solutions.

Current Employee - Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Denim Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many positive qualities that differentiate the company from others I have worked for in the past. Some of these qualities include: -Strong strategic planning which helps sustain long-term growth of the company. -A willingness to invest in employee professional growth. -Flexible work schedules which help maintain a good work/life balance. -A relaxed company culture with notable community involvement. -An involved leadership team that engages employees and listens to feedback so that the company can overcome any challenge that arises. -A culture built on trust.

Cons

It is tough to be in the fast-paced consulting industry and be 100 perfect. With growth comes challenges like establishing or updating policies, processes, and procedures. If you are an individual who absolutely needs these to function, you may be disappointed in operations. Things do get better if you can deal with the challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employee feedback, and take calculated risks. This is really paying off. Denim Group is definitely a great place work with top talent who wants to see Denim Group continue to be successful.

Great place to work, with opportunity for personal growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The ability to have your input heard is one of the biggest positives of this job. The compensation is more than fair, the benefits are great, and the people are fun.

Cons

Being a smaller company means that sometimes things are a bit disorganized, but it is part of the growing pains of an up and coming business.

An excellent place to grow professionally, work with a very friendly group, and be challenged daily relaxed environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Denim Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Accessible and responsive leadership. Challenging environment. Top talent to learn from and work with. Education programs for developers. 401k matching. Great Insurance. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

The challenging environment isn't for everyone. You need to be willing and capable of learning new technologies, driven to perform at a very high level, and interested in the latest security practices in software development. Really need to be interested in team leadership and client interaction to progress here.

5. Great people, accessible management, lots of autonomy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Denim Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in the Austin branch of this company. Unlike the typical software company start-ups in Austin, this company feels more substantial and the work we do is really important to customers, which I feel good about. You get to work with really smart, funny, helpful people. Management definitely understands that everyone has a life outside of work. They also give you plenty of autonomy and trust employees to get the job done (read:no micro-management), and there are opportunities for mobility when you demonstrate your abilities. Benefits are good (free for the individual employee and employer -matching 401k), the atmosphere is fun and you learn a ton from your colleagues. The free snacks and coffee are a pretty awesome perk, as well.

Cons

You figure a lot of things out on your own, which for my personality is great, but others might like more direction.

Good company for first job

Current Employee - Consultant II, Applications Development
    Current Employee - Consultant II, Applications Development

I have been working at Denim Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to move around between web dev, security, and app dev Awesome people to work with Relaxed environment and dress code Awesome place to get a well rounded resume

Cons

If you show initiative, a lot becomes expected of you without the pay increase to match Management is completely okay with the high turn over rate because it keeps them from paying more for experienced and reliable people

7. Really good company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX

I have been working at Denim Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The schedules are flexible and they will work with you when things come up in your personal life. They have a solid understanding that everyone has a life outside of work, which is great. Some of the benefits are friendly employees, no out of pocket cost to the basic health insurance plan, free snack stash, laid back work environment, monthly social events along with competitive pay.

Cons

I am not sure if this applies to every role but I feel like work related expectations, standards, policies and procedures could be made more clear.

Advice to Management

Offer more direction

8. Great company

I have been working at Denim Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved it. Was a great place

Cons

None I can think of

9. Fun company

Former Employee - Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Denim Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual Dress code (Jeans) Flexible Schedule Good coworkers Company activities Good work-life balance Fun atmosphere Food truck most days of the week Moving to new building (summer of 2014) New technologies

Cons

Can get stuck in a repetitive Role Teams scattered throughout building Teams are left to solve their own problems with minimal direction from managers Coworkers eat really stinky food at their desk (the smell lingers for hours)

Advice to Management

Provide more feedback to employees (meet every 6 months instead of yearly), seat people according to project assignment

10. Great place to work and learn

I have been working at Denim Group full-time

Pros

Great camaraderie and collaboration, fun monthly events, and good pay. A lot of opportunity for growth, and I feel like my questions and ideas are heard.

Cons

Monthly meetings provide a lot of information about the future of the company, and I would like more of that. The company provides snacks, but sometimes they aren't the healthiest!

11. A great place to work

Current Employee - Consultant I in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant I in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Denim Group full-time

Pros

Office culture, Annual appraisal based entirely on perception, 10-15% raises for meeting expectations

Cons

Insultingly low starting salary, no training or support, no attempts at retention, petty personal politics

RSS Feed </> Embed