Denso Manufacturing Tennessee

www.globaldenso.com

Denso Manufacturing Tennessee Reviews in Maryville, TN

Updated May 21, 2014
Denso Manufacturing Tennessee – Maryville – “Machinery and Tools Division”

Denso Manufacturing Tennessee – Maryville – “Machinery and Tools Division”

Jack Helmboldt

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience with the company has been a roller coaster ride.

Senior Specialist (Current Employee) Maryville, TN

ProsThe best reason for me working there is the insurance benefits. I have work with the company long enough to earn four weeks of paid vacation.

ConsMy biggest challenge is not having the help I need to do my job properly. When the economy was so bad the company let most of our temporary associates go and cut back on hourly associates' hours. The salary associates had to take up the slack. Since then the company has been running with a leaner roster.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to consider how to help team members (esp. Section Leaders and above) work together. Most Section Leaders and above I know fight against other people's ideas. Mostly for spite because they don't like the other person. They should realize that we would all benefit by working together in the same direction instead of pulling against one another. After all, we are on the same team.

Stability leads to Complacency

Total Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) Maryville, TN

ProsVery high level of stability in your job, very rarely fires associates. Great experience early in career.

ConsSame as the pros, much of the promotion and organization structure is based on how long you have been at the company. Very infused with the Japanese culture, it can become very frustrating for young professionals looking to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based on ability not the amount of time an associate has been there. Not all employees are qualified for their jobs, as bad as it sounds you should not be so afraid of firing someone and retaining new talent.

Good money, but clueless supervision

Production Associate (Current Employee) Maryville, TN

ProsVery good salary and working conditions. The work isn't very physically demanding and takes little thought to do. We are allowed to talk and cut up on the lines. Not much accountability for productivity or quality, so it's easy to get through the day.

ConsGood old boy mentality and lack of skilled supervision. The supervisors and teamleaders don't come around unless someone in management has a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire supervision to spend time on the production lines, at least part of the day.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at DMTN changed me, but not in a good way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maryville, TN

ProsThe tuition reimbursement was a great benefit, along with the job stability. Unfortunately, that's about it.

ConsEssentially, you sell your soul to work for DENSO. The pace and expectation there is completely unrealistic and upper managment is completely out of touch with what is going in the lower ranks. It is very top heavy and upper management is completely overpaid. Promotions are not earned by talent or merit, they are given to people who are in the "back pocket" of upper management OR given to people they want to grandfather out of their current position. The whole concept of DMTN is very ''old school'' and the life expectancy of a new hire is around 3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what your associates are telling you and if you don't want the true answer to a question, then quit asking.

Denso Manufacturing, TN INC

Production Design Engineer (Current Employee) Maryville, TN

ProsStrong benefits package, hourly associate morale is high, located in a great part of Tennessee, and job stability is very high.

ConsFor professionals: minimal annual salary increases, benefits package is deteriorating every year, favortism is a serious issue in many departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease begin to actually value the responses provided on associate surveys. Actually take action when negative feedback is received year after year. Do not form a focus group yet do nothing to tackle the continous complaints.

Denso TN a "great place to work"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maryville, TN

ProsHourly pay, Benefits and lots of Overtime

ConsNo Training
    Incompetent Senior Leadership
    No promotional opportunities (hire management outside the company)
    Regional and Top Management shows disrespect towards employees, customers, and vendors (especially if you work in operations)
    No direction or vision
    No support to branches
    Good ole boy network
    micro-management from all sides (because they have no clue how to do their own jobs)
    No life

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to what you say,

Great STABLE Job with Great Benefits

Production Associate (Current Employee) Maryville, TN

ProsExcellent Benefits package, all co-workers are allways very nice and happy to be there. Management is fair and balanced among employees. All overtime, time off and optional work days are allways distributed fairly. They also gave a bonus this year when we have been struggling with car sales in the U.S. and abroad. Denso is a very safe manufacturing company and employees kept in safe working conditions at all times. They have extensive safety training, unmatched by anywhere I have ever worked. Employees are given open door to contact management, and human resources managers are in every plant and are allways avaliable.

ConsDenso is a fair company and they treat employees with respect. I have not had an experience at Denso I could not easily resolve with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has done a wonderful job making cuts where necessary to keep Denso growing, and they have done it keeping us all employeed still getting full time hours. I would tell them to keep up the good work.

Worked for Denso Manufacturing Tennessee? Contribute to the Community!