Denso Manufacturing Tennessee

Updated July 29, 2014
Updated July 29, 2014

3.2

Jack Helmboldt

Good pay for easy work so-so benefits

Current Employee - Production Associate  in  Athens, TN
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Athens, TN

I have been working at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time for more than a year

Pros

good pay for the work. easy jobs. okay benefits. great health care. lax uniform freegym focase on health and my personal growth flexible trys ro be

Cons

the competitors of the company offer better benefits and pay . policys are not always followed. HR doesnt have a clue about what goes on on the plant floor. HR is never available. Ethic are a concern. the percentage of african americans employed is smalle than it should be

Denso should give more vacation hours and more emergency sick days. Denso overworks their employees with long hours and lots of required overtime,tocompensate Denso should telltheir employees thank you by giveing more than 3 Emergency days per year or sick days.Show that Denso understands and cares or you will lose great emplyees to othercompanies that will

Denso is a top notch work place!

Current Employee - Office Associate  in  Athens, TN
    Current Employee - Office Associate in Athens, TN

I have been working at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Denso has great benefits and room to grow in the chain of command. The jobs vary and so do the shifts so there are many different areas to work. Denso likes to promote from within.

Cons

Biggest con would be that the employees act like they are still in high school. There is a lot of back stabbing and gossip. Also, it seems to be that rules can be bent or broken for some but not others.

Evaluate team leaders more often and thouroughly.

My experience with the company has been a roller coaster ride.

Current Employee - Senior Specialist  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best reason for me working there is the insurance benefits. I have work with the company long enough to earn four weeks of paid vacation.

Cons

My biggest challenge is not having the help I need to do my job properly. When the economy was so bad the company let most of our temporary associates go and cut back on hourly associates' hours. The salary associates had to take up the slack. Since then the company has been running with a leaner roster.

Upper management needs to consider how to help team members (esp. Section Leaders and above) work together. Most Section Leaders and above I know fight against other people's ideas. Mostly for spite because they don't like the other person. They should realize that we would all benefit by working together in the same direction instead of pulling against one another. After all, we are on the same team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stability leads to Complacency

Current Employee - Total Industrial Engineer  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Total Industrial Engineer in Maryville, TN

Pros

Very high level of stability in your job, very rarely fires associates. Great experience early in career.

Cons

Same as the pros, much of the promotion and organization structure is based on how long you have been at the company. Very infused with the Japanese culture, it can become very frustrating for young professionals looking to move up.

Promote based on ability not the amount of time an associate has been there. Not all employees are qualified for their jobs, as bad as it sounds you should not be so afraid of firing someone and retaining new talent.

Limitless potential but over extension of capacity

I have been working at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time

Pros

Reasonable Pay, Good People, Sound Foundations

Cons

Unreasonable Work Load (for some), Questionable Management Decisions

Remove favoritism and follow through on promises, stop over extension of your most valuable resources

Good company. Great Co-Op opportunities

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Good company. Great Co-Op opportunities

Cons

There are some trust issues between the headquarters in Japan and the manufacturing plant.

Good money, but clueless supervision

Current Employee - Production Associate  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Maryville, TN

Pros

Very good salary and working conditions. The work isn't very physically demanding and takes little thought to do. We are allowed to talk and cut up on the lines. Not much accountability for productivity or quality, so it's easy to get through the day.

Cons

Good old boy mentality and lack of skilled supervision. The supervisors and teamleaders don't come around unless someone in management has a problem.

Require supervision to spend time on the production lines, at least part of the day.

Not too shabby if your starting out

Current Employee - Senior Specialist  in  Athens, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Athens, TN

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, a lot of things to learn

Cons

pay is not the greatest

none at this time

Working at DMTN changed me, but not in a good way.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee

Pros

The tuition reimbursement was a great benefit, along with the job stability. Unfortunately, that's about it.

Cons

Essentially, you sell your soul to work for DENSO. The pace and expectation there is completely unrealistic and upper managment is completely out of touch with what is going in the lower ranks. It is very top heavy and upper management is completely overpaid. Promotions are not earned by talent or merit, they are given to people who are in the "back pocket" of upper management OR given to people they want to grandfather out of their current position. The whole concept of DMTN is very ''old school'' and the life expectancy of a new hire is around 3 years.

Pay attention to what your associates are telling you and if you don't want the true answer to a question, then quit asking.

I found DENSO to be a professional, highly competent firm to have worked for.

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Faciities  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Faciities in Southfield, MI

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee

Pros

DENSO enjoys an assortment of Associates who are well trained and well suited to their taks. Their work is a standard others in the industry would be wise to enumlate. Working for DENSO exposes you to many points of view from which much can be learned.

Cons

The firm went through a severe budget constriction the past two years. The resulting cuts in budget and staff were highly impactful. I found that while management worked very hard to communicate its strategy, there often were gaps which lead tomore confusion than was necessary.

Please continue to keep employees in the loop. In the present business climate it appears as though the industry is beginning a rebound. Reduced budget and staffing may be necessary but it doesn't appear that way to employees. From that perspective the company strategy seems to lack a clear, strong direction.

Worked for Denso Manufacturing Tennessee? Contribute to the Community!