DentaQuest Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
2.2

Fay Donohue

Pros
  • free parking, soup and salad delivery, ok benefit package (in 5 reviews)

• Denta Quest's Health and Dental benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management says one thing and does another (in 7 reviews)

• The company's mission is to improve the oral health of all (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been with this company for two years and so far I love it!

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team I work with is what makes this work experience amazing. My specific chain of command listens to ideas and is open to ideas of enhancing the work flows and processes. The company is continually adding new business which opens to door for new job opportunities around the country.

Cons

Outside of my department, I see a lot of turn around and disorganization. I can say that over the past two years it has improved tremendously and is continuing to improve.

Continue to hire managers who assist their direct reports in self and job improvements. Stay away from hiring people only because they are knowledgeable. Knoweldge does not always mean good managerial skills.

Great Benefits, great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are great and salaries are market based and very competitive. Benefits include not only health insurance but also dental (we are all about oral health here J ), Flexible summer hours, paid volunteer/community service hours, neat state of the art facilities, and great people.

Contrary to the reviews I have read, I have found that upper management is very approachable and open to suggestions. Steve Pollock, Ken Erdelt, Jim Collins, Angela Kish, etc. are all great people who genuinely want to make this company successful. You could never accuse them of turning a blind eye to an issue because I have seen their steadfast commitment to identifying the root of the problem, correcting it and making sure it never happens again. It is impossible to ask upper management to not care about the bottom line, because any company is in business to make money, otherwise, we all lose our jobs, including those on the top.

The company is growing and expanding rapidly into new markets and new lines of business. It is very exciting and scary at the same time, but I love a challenge and the fact that I know the company will be here for years to come. It has been in business for over 2 decades.

The people that I work with are amazing individuals that go above and beyond their duties every day, not just to complete the task at hand but to help others within the company. Some of them have been working in the company for over 20 years and will probably retire here as well.

I am very proud of being part of this organization and it pains me to see the reviews it is getting here, because I take pride in my work and I know that the image of the company also reflects on me.

I have worked in the company for 6 years and I look forward to stay here for years to come.

Cons

Because of the accelerated pace in which the company is growing, we have encountered many challenges and hiccups along the way. It feels like a grown man wearing a boy’s pants sometimes. We are too big for the infrastructure and management is scrambling to produce more with the same amount of people.

Human resources could use improvement, in that I agree with other reviewers. They implemented new technologies for everything from training software, performance reviews, to compensation review and hiring, which rather than streamlining our processes have made them more complicated, cumbersome and lengthy. Lots of red tape there too.

Many middle managers and directors appear to be outright lying to upper management about state of affairs within their own departments. The typical “save face” mentality is entrenched in this area. The managers that are trying their best to help others and improve their areas find themselves blocked or stopped by directors from actually making real improvements.

Pump new blood into middle and upper management (VPs and Directors). Sometimes new perspectives help flush out new initiatives and remove the roadblocks that may be stopping us from getting those much desired improvements. Seniority should not be the basis for promoting talent to the top ranks. Look for fresh ideas. There are great people working for you, you just don’t know it yet because some are working under managers or directors who block any attempts for improvement or new ideas, or even take credit for them!

Do not be afraid of people who tell you the hard truth. Sometimes a Devil’s advocate helps stop group think and actually flushes out what is required for positive change in an organization.

Great place to work.

I have been working at DentaQuest

Pros

Weekends off and holidaysand growing a company

Cons

none at this time thank you

none at this time thank you

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company with a good direction.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

Smart leaders at the top, good benefits, good people

Cons

Certain departments are less structured than others.

Good working environment

I worked at DentaQuest as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

flexible management team, good working environment.

Cons

too short time to find

Great chance at growing

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've read other reviews about this company and i have had a great experience working at DentaQuest started as a temp and quickly moved up to hired. The Texas Market location is great, everyone for the most part is friendly and have a pretty good family atmosphere compared to other markets. I enjoy the benefits greatly, from PTO to weekend offs, paid holidays, great low cost health and dental insurance.

Cons

At times it feels like the HR limits you through their policies, I have always been on top of all the measurements and have received great praise from managment and superiors but HR seems to stick with there no promotions until a year plan. Which does not include the 4-5 months you worked there as a temp..

Continue to find ways to promote growth in your employees and push harder against HR in regards towards promoting the right person

Clinical Utilization Review Specialist

Current Employee - Clinical Utilization Review Specialist  in  Mequon, WI
    Current Employee - Clinical Utilization Review Specialist in Mequon, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, including PTO, health insurance, dental and paid holidays. I work with a GREAT group of ladies, we work together well. I've moved up in the company from a poorly run department to what I think is the best department in the company. We have a manager (Mary Jo) that respects and listens to us, has an open door policy, believes in a balanced work/life schedule, she actually knows the work we do and how hard we work. Since I've been in this department, I come to work happy, I leave happy. It's fantastic. Thanks for all you do, MJ!

Cons

The previous department I worked for was poorly run. . They expected you to bend over backwards for them but wouldn't do the same, and anyone would throw you under the boss just to make themselves look good. Also had to keep every email as proof that there was a reason there was a change in process.

Hire more managers like Mary Jo. Your employees will be happy.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Community and charity involvement, funds philanthropic activities through a wholly owned subsidiary, great vision.

Cons

Slightly lower than average compensation but in all quite fair.

Good people, good company, lacks consistency in vision

I worked at DentaQuest

Pros

Great benefits, competitive salaries, great opportunities

Cons

Company strategy and organizational structure both change frequently.

Correcting a Misconception and Misinformed Review

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have my own fair share of complaints about this company but that would probably be true regardless of where I work. Reading these reviews I can see that current or former employees are dissatisfied but none of these people really get what is going on. They simply recognize that they don't like it and can't quite articulate the reason why. Many of the comments are misguided. The review that needs immediate correction is the one that implies that there is some degree of sexism taking place at DentaQuest that favors men for promotions over women. This just isn't true. Healthcare is one of the few industries that is run in large part by women. The CEO at DentaQuest is female. The vast majority of officers and VP's are female. It sounds like the person below was overlooked for a promotion and assumes it to be gender based. That is simply misguided and inaccurate.

Cons

There are many opportunities for this company to improve but I'll reserve my comments for a day when these opportunities come back to affect me directly.

Meet candidly, confidentially and privately for one on one meetings with employees and middle management at random for their honest feedback. I suspect most of the complaints will be directed toward one department and one person in particular. Our CEO and COO seem to genuinely care about their organization, what we do and the well being of the employees. There are some people in between the employee and executive level that are serving as the biggest road blocks. Remove them and the organization will flourish again as it has in the past.

Worked for DentaQuest? Contribute to the Community!