DentaQuest Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
2.2

Fay Donohue

Pros
  • free parking, soup and salad delivery, ok benefit package (in 5 reviews)

• Denta Quest's Health and Dental benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management says one thing and does another (in 7 reviews)

• The company's mission is to improve the oral health of all (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Have given up hope of change

I worked at DentaQuest full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Peers - the good people who are really giving 150% every day

Cons

CEO and COO are non existent- they don't acknowledge the little people- they don't even say hello in the halls. very top heavy organization lots of CXX and VPs - bullying starts at the top among these titles. They manage with fear and threats. You will kill yourself working lots of hours to succeed while being bullied and using outdated and unreliable systems. Felt bad for my direct manager - great person caught in political mess that DQ has become.

My advice is to the board - major change is needed at the top if you want to succeed in the upcoming Years filled with uncertainty. Talk to your middle management team - not the Cxxs and VPs - and hear what they have to say. The company can be great again if you just listen AND take action. There's a lot of talk but never a lot of action when it comes to taking care of important asset - the people.

Potential unrecognized unless you're a friend of your supervisor.

I worked at DentaQuest

Pros

Pay was somewhat decent. Free parking , clean facilities. Salad and soup delivery on site. Free dental..... no wait..... at a dental company? Fair employment opportunities... oh wait, only if you are a friend of your supervisor or you are under 30 and have a man part.

Cons

Profuse ageism and sexism. Sick policy is not enforced and those who don't adhere somehow get promoted.

Look at your employees who have been there for years and do their job well. Take a chance on training them for positions that they'd do well in with a little guidance. They're there because they like their jobs . Stop showing them you don't have faith in them by putting unqualified people who always call in sick in a position that your loyal employees would do well in. Do you see the message you are sending? Call in sick all the time, get promoted. You only promote friends of supervisors, what will it take for you to really look at your employees and give them a chance too. It's only a matter of time before you're sued for ageism. Wake up and embrace your qualified staff and stop promoting undeserving slackers.

Hell hath no fury like a DentaQuest manager scorned!

Current Employee - Full Time Worker  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Full Time Worker in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a cafeteria within walking distance that has decent food, soft drinks, desserts and soups. you can also order soup and salads and have them delivered

Cons

If you work at DQ, never, and I mean NEVER, make a suggestion on how to improve a process or the way anything is done. Management will take it as an insult to them and will have to face their wrath. They will go out of their way, often in front of upper management (who is fine with employees being treated badly), to make you look bad and embarrass you. they are merciless. and, by the way, anyone notice the recent increase of 5 star reviews after years of constant one and two star reviews? That is the DQ HR department repeatedly posting good reviews to make the company look good and improve their rating. GO back a year and see virtually no positive comments, them all of a sudden a stream of glowing reviews. hmmmmmmm.....

listen to your employees and do not blindly believe (even when you see differently) everything the manager tell you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a happy camper

Current Employee - Full Time Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No matter where I work after dentaquest (which God willing will be soon), I swear I will NEVER complain about my job. My worst day anywhere else would still be heaven compared to the torture that is dentaquest

Cons

management is incompetent. hr worthless and condescending. bullying is an everyday occurrence. raises are pathetic. there is no company morale, and everyone there is simply there for the paycheck and I would not recommend working here to anyone. It used to be somewhat tolerable, but gets worse by the day.

it is pointless. no one listens nor do they care.

I have been with this company for two years and so far I love it!

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team I work with is what makes this work experience amazing. My specific chain of command listens to ideas and is open to ideas of enhancing the work flows and processes. The company is continually adding new business which opens to door for new job opportunities around the country.

Cons

Outside of my department, I see a lot of turn around and disorganization. I can say that over the past two years it has improved tremendously and is continuing to improve.

Continue to hire managers who assist their direct reports in self and job improvements. Stay away from hiring people only because they are knowledgeable. Knoweldge does not always mean good managerial skills.

Great chance at growing

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've read other reviews about this company and i have had a great experience working at DentaQuest started as a temp and quickly moved up to hired. The Texas Market location is great, everyone for the most part is friendly and have a pretty good family atmosphere compared to other markets. I enjoy the benefits greatly, from PTO to weekend offs, paid holidays, great low cost health and dental insurance.

Cons

At times it feels like the HR limits you through their policies, I have always been on top of all the measurements and have received great praise from managment and superiors but HR seems to stick with there no promotions until a year plan. Which does not include the 4-5 months you worked there as a temp..

Continue to find ways to promote growth in your employees and push harder against HR in regards towards promoting the right person

Do not work for this company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at DentaQuest full-time for less than a year

Pros

you don't work weekends and the hours are fairly good.

Cons

oh man where do I even start...for anyone who has a lot of experience working for a call center this place is complete and utter hell, you can't ever get any feedback on how your doing with your calls or if your doing something wrong and how to improve yourself...when you need to speak with a supervisor for anything there is no one to be found and if you email a simple question it take literally 3-4 weeks for someone to get a hold of you.

they will fire you for the littlest things. you have been warned
    and if your currently working there...may the odds be ever in your favor

talk with your team members....we're not mind readers we won't know what were doing something wrong.

Disappointing Company

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work hours for some employees are 37.50 hour work week, but others work the standard 40 hours per week.

Cons

Management is well taken care of but employees work hard for very little reward. Poor communication between departments. Projects are often not thought out, and problems down the road cause the company time and money. Disorganized HR department with very little knowledge of HR issues. People seem to be constantly leaving the company. There is little training with anything from Management down to the employee level.

Appreciate the employees that work hard and do good work and help train the employees that might not be performing so great.

Clinical Utilization Review Specialist

Current Employee - Clinical Utilization Review Specialist  in  Mequon, WI
    Current Employee - Clinical Utilization Review Specialist in Mequon, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, including PTO, health insurance, dental and paid holidays. I work with a GREAT group of ladies, we work together well. I've moved up in the company from a poorly run department to what I think is the best department in the company. We have a manager (Mary Jo) that respects and listens to us, has an open door policy, believes in a balanced work/life schedule, she actually knows the work we do and how hard we work. Since I've been in this department, I come to work happy, I leave happy. It's fantastic. Thanks for all you do, MJ!

Cons

The previous department I worked for was poorly run. . They expected you to bend over backwards for them but wouldn't do the same, and anyone would throw you under the boss just to make themselves look good. Also had to keep every email as proof that there was a reason there was a change in process.

Hire more managers like Mary Jo. Your employees will be happy.

Great Benefits, great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are great and salaries are market based and very competitive. Benefits include not only health insurance but also dental (we are all about oral health here J ), Flexible summer hours, paid volunteer/community service hours, neat state of the art facilities, and great people.

Contrary to the reviews I have read, I have found that upper management is very approachable and open to suggestions. Steve Pollock, Ken Erdelt, Jim Collins, Angela Kish, etc. are all great people who genuinely want to make this company successful. You could never accuse them of turning a blind eye to an issue because I have seen their steadfast commitment to identifying the root of the problem, correcting it and making sure it never happens again. It is impossible to ask upper management to not care about the bottom line, because any company is in business to make money, otherwise, we all lose our jobs, including those on the top.

The company is growing and expanding rapidly into new markets and new lines of business. It is very exciting and scary at the same time, but I love a challenge and the fact that I know the company will be here for years to come. It has been in business for over 2 decades.

The people that I work with are amazing individuals that go above and beyond their duties every day, not just to complete the task at hand but to help others within the company. Some of them have been working in the company for over 20 years and will probably retire here as well.

I am very proud of being part of this organization and it pains me to see the reviews it is getting here, because I take pride in my work and I know that the image of the company also reflects on me.

I have worked in the company for 6 years and I look forward to stay here for years to come.

Cons

Because of the accelerated pace in which the company is growing, we have encountered many challenges and hiccups along the way. It feels like a grown man wearing a boy’s pants sometimes. We are too big for the infrastructure and management is scrambling to produce more with the same amount of people.

Human resources could use improvement, in that I agree with other reviewers. They implemented new technologies for everything from training software, performance reviews, to compensation review and hiring, which rather than streamlining our processes have made them more complicated, cumbersome and lengthy. Lots of red tape there too.

Many middle managers and directors appear to be outright lying to upper management about state of affairs within their own departments. The typical “save face” mentality is entrenched in this area. The managers that are trying their best to help others and improve their areas find themselves blocked or stopped by directors from actually making real improvements.

Pump new blood into middle and upper management (VPs and Directors). Sometimes new perspectives help flush out new initiatives and remove the roadblocks that may be stopping us from getting those much desired improvements. Seniority should not be the basis for promoting talent to the top ranks. Look for fresh ideas. There are great people working for you, you just don’t know it yet because some are working under managers or directors who block any attempts for improvement or new ideas, or even take credit for them!

Do not be afraid of people who tell you the hard truth. Sometimes a Devil’s advocate helps stop group think and actually flushes out what is required for positive change in an organization.

Worked for DentaQuest? Contribute to the Community!