Dental Care Alliance Reviews

Updated February 18, 2015
9 reviews filtered by
2.9
Mitchell B. Olan and David P. Nichols

This company makes sure they gettheir oney worth from thier employees

Former Employee - Front Desk Support in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Support in Ocala, FL

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They offer benefits like; medical and uniform allowance

Cons

They are usually understaffed so they can keep the overhead down.

Pay more attention to the employees needs and learn what each position invlves

They sold out and treat workers like trash

Former Employee - Front Desk
    Former Employee - Front Desk

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people I worked with. Love them all and feel sad to hear them talk about how much worse it gets every day. Used to be so good

Cons

From the people in the office (I worked in one) to the people at corporate, everyone is sick of it. This company sold out and now they overwork and underpay everyone. It's all about money and not about anything else. Employees mean nothing unless they're bringing in the cash to fill executive pockets and then it's only the money they like. Not the people who brought it in.

Stop. Look. Listen. Nobody is happy. We were understaffed, your answer was to use the support of corporate. Right... Those people is just as overworked as the rest of us. But you push and push for more. What will you do when everyone leaves? I know of lots of people in offices and corporate looking for jobs to get out because they tired, worn out and unappreciated. Who would of thought Coast was a step up but I never been happier. Coast isn't the top but it's better than working for DCA

3. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Saint Clair Shores, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Saint Clair Shores, MI

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great teams and support staff!

Cons

Work Long hours and weekends!

From ceo to assistants everyone works to help achieve goals! Thank you and keep up the great work!

5. Great place to work as a hygienist!

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Munster, IN
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Munster, IN

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The patients and the dentists are truly a great group of people. The dentists are very knowledgeable, trustworthy and all around do great dental work.. the ancillary staff are nothing but helpful. I haven't been there very long but long enough to know a great dental n office when I see one.

Cons

I haven't had any cons this far in my career with DCA as of yet and believe it will stay that way.

Keep up the great moral boosters!

6. Strong company; Many long-time employees

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Growing company with a commitment to promoting from within and maintaining a positive work environment for its employees.

Cons

No company is perfect...there have been some growth pains. However, the management team seems dedicated to making improvements and regularly evaluating things to identify where improvements are needed. Their number of long-term, loyal employees is a credit to their positive corporate culture.

Run away! Any job will be better than working for DCA.

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist

I worked at Dental Care Alliance (more than 3 years)

Pros

My co-workers and that is it. This needs to be 20 words, minimum, so I will blab on about nothing to make it fit.

Cons

This is Corporate Dentistry. Dental Care Alliance maximizes corporate profits by underpaying/overworking its workers and up selling its patients. The turnover is high because most employees are in a constant state of seeking new employment. Dental hygienists were formerly paid hourly and benefits included holiday, vacation and sick days. Apparently, the company was making money, because they were also able to offer a bonus on any production over a certain percentage. Then, a few years ago everything changed. Apparently the CEO and CFO were not raking in enough money.

All hygienists are now on 100% commission. All vacations, holidays and sick days have been eliminated. Most offices participate with Medicaid, as well as almost every insurance program, including DMO's and HMO's. The RDH is paid a percentage of collections. The % paid has steadily declined over the years.

In order to make a decent salary even coming close to an average daily hygiene rate, one must do one of two things:
    1) Increase the number of patients seen in a day or
     2) Increase the number of higher value procedures

A consultant observed and advised over the course of a year. Their advice is to identify as many high dollar periodontal procedures as possible, as well as up selling the patients on irrigation, rinses and Arestin. Aside from there being no evidence that chlorhexidine is any more effective than water in irrigation, identifying perio is not a bad thing. However, cramming a half mouth or even 4 quads of scrp into an hour or less while being double or triple booked with prophies, is very bad.

When you provide care to DMO patients and those covered under the new Obamacare policies, your compensation will ZERO. No money. $0. A percentage of ZERO is ZERO. You may have a Medicaid or HMO patient that you feel needs a really good cleaning. The reimbursement is about $30, of which you will see $10 or less. So, you figure out how to make money.

The company does not care about the quality of your work, only the quantity and production. It's very stressful and there are no benefits. You are a number. You are replaceable. You are not appreciated. Do not accept a position here. You will regret it as a professional.

Stop being so greedy and appreciate and compensate your employees fairly. You are losing many good dental professionals due to poor compensation and working conditions. Your lack of concern for staff and patient care is evident in the treatment and pay of employees across the clinical, clerical and managerial spectrum, so I do not expect a seismic shift in action. It's just cathartic to tell you how horrible you are as employers and human beings.

No one should have to work under this much stress

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Dental Care Alliance

Pros

They used to do fun stuff to thank employees but now everybody is too busy to go when they finally do plan something.

Cons

Growing too fast. They keep adding more work to people who are already burned out. I had to leave because the stress was causing serious health problems. Job performance and morale is terrible because everyone is overwhelmed.

Research average wages for each position. I didn't mind the low pay because I loved the company but the extremely low hourly rates don't cover the increase in stress related medical bills. Not that anyone has time to break away from the insane workload to go to the doctor anyway. The medical benefits offered are too expensive. A company of that size can get great rates on group plans if they cared for their employees enough to shop around but almost half my full time pay went to cover my portion of the insurance. With insurance at that cost you'd think it would have great coverage. It doesn't cover anything more than the basic minimums.

unfair treatment and underpaid everyone

I worked at Dental Care Alliance part-time (less than a year)

Pros

worked with great people at the office

Cons

underpaid and overworked and management sucked

10. Great company to work for

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time

Pros

Great Company,Great Benefits,Opportunity to advance
    The company views you as an individual and not as a number. This is a growing company and its very exciting to get to be apart of it. I have no desire to ever leave this company. Thats says alot about DCA!!! I would highly recommend anyone thats looking for a career to come join our TEAM

Cons

Bonus program doesn't seem attainable.

Great job to management! They listen and value you as an employee.