Dental Dreams

Great place to work

Current Employee - Corporate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dental Dreams full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about this company is the team. There are great people at all levels of the company and they all work together. The company also rewards and recognizes the employees for hard work. Executives care about the employees working in the offices and visit the offices regularly.

Cons

I can not think of anything that really stands out as a major con however a retirement plan would be a nice addition to the compensation and benefits package.

Professional growth

I have been working at Dental Dreams

Pros

The company welcomes those with or without experience in the dental field. I had little work experience when I started. Almost nine years later with Dental Dreams, here are some great pros that I've enoyed with them: It is great place for anyone looking to improve their resume. A great place to increase your knowledge with how dental insurances work. You'll definitely improve customer service and team work skills. I used to be a shy one and now I'm a social butterfly. If you are interested in dentistry as a career, Dental Dreams is a wonderful place to start because they train in-house and you can learn everything from chairside to front desk, billing and management. This company is a fountain of endless information. Lastly, there is plenty of space to move up and increase your professional network as well.

Cons

I don't think that being given a lot of information during training is a con. Many, on the other hand, might think so. You have to be determined and outgoing to work here. If you take advantage of the paid training and don't require much supervising, you'll do incredibly well. Upper management loves to work closely with any one that wants to move up. If you are looking for a long period of training and some one to hold your hand or if you are looking for a company that doesn't challenge their employees, this one might not be the best fit.

My advice to upper management is to extend training and to focus a bit more on clarifying what type of communication is expected from all staff in all positions. That would avoid miscommunications internally and with patients.

A great company to work for

I have been working at Dental Dreams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong growth potential - both as an individual employee and for the company as a whole

Compensation - while it is a demanding place to work, the pay is porportional to the demand. Strong work performance is rewarded.

Management - management is highly accessible and cares deeply about the company

Cons

None presently, however a company matched/sponsered retirement plan may help retain strong staff.

Continue to hire great people. Continue to be invested in the daily operations of the business.

Love working here. Great staff and place !!

I have been working at Dental Dreams full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been working for the company for almost two years now. So far it has been a wonderful experience working with excellent staff and corporate people. Good potential for growth and gaining experience in different fields of the dentistry. If you are looking for a place to gain experience, improve skills and make good earning I highly recommend DentalDreams.

Cons

Some days gets really long, if scheduling of the patient could be improved little more, it's a perfect place !!

Work hard...pay is great

I have been working at Dental Dreams full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great experience. Management doesn't micro-manage. Great teamwork.

Cons

Some days are long however, I could always use the extra hours and $$

Hard work is rewarded with excellent compensation.

Current Employee - Staff in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Staff in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dental Dreams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Dental Dreams offers it's employees the opportunity to earn above market compensation if they work hard. Dentists and staff employees are empowered to offer patients high quality care. The company provides a much needed service to under served communities that desperately need access to high quality dental care.

Cons

There are no significant cons. If you want to work hard and be well compensated while offering a valuable service to the community, this is a great place to work.

Only if you're desperate for a job...

Former Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist in Ypsilanti, MI
    Former Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist in Ypsilanti, MI

I worked at Dental Dreams part-time (less than a year)

Pros

gained office experience, insurance, dental terminology and procedures.

Cons

can work until 9 pm, can call patients like sales reps all day to get them to come in, lunch break is "not required" but they will give you 20 minutes (more or less). no team work between front desk/ dentists, and dental assistants.

You have to treat your employees right if you want a successful team setting. At my office it was broken into pieces. There was no manager for months and no one was treated fairly.

Poor Place To Work

I worked at Dental Dreams part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They hire dental assistants/receptionists with little to no experience

Cons

Long hours, low pay, no lunch breaks (which are not required), no communication. Everyone is all about money. No one is ever hired for full time except the office manager.

Your loyal employees should be treated with respect and shown some appreciation. Everyone needs to learn to communicate.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dental Dreams

Pros

- A perfect place to work short-term while you're looking for a permanent job.

Cons

- They overwork, and underpay you.
    - They treat you with NO respect.
    - They don't honor their contracts, and they come up with new "rules" and "terms" at their convinience anytime which are not discussed before you're hired; and if you don't follow them, they threaten to fire you.
    - Monthly production goal is unrealistic; if monthly goal isn't met, you don't get bonus, hence you only get paid minimum wage if you're an assistant or a receptionist.
    - This company is poorly organized, and all they care about is MONEY!!

Horrible service

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Dental Dreams

Pros

They promise a time and don't go by it at all, your better off coming in as a walk in.

Cons

Wait is super long, waited for 2hours