Dental Health Management Solutions

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

D. Shane Stevens

Great people to work with but can be stressful.

ProsConvenient location, great group of people to work with, bonuses at the end of the year.Forward thinking.

ConsCan be very stressful. Alot of policy and procedures, deadlines regardless of what dept you work in, but that is the nature of temp placement anywhere. Pay is a little low compared to demands and requirements. Benefits are not that great but at least its offered.

Great place to work.! Fast paced and awesome staff!

Quality Assurance (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a fast growing company that always has something in the works to better the company as well as it's employees. You get a chance to know EVERYONE (including the CEO which is not typical) you work with and eventually everyone become like family. The team is upbeat and someone is always there to make your day better...even if it wasn't a bad day! I really apprecate how much this company puts forth for their employees!

ConsFast growing company also means a little short handed in some areas and a lot of changes periodically

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be open with the staff and keep us informed with what is going on.

Awesome company and staff

ProsYou can work with a great company and people you respect . They work hard to help our military service men and women. Everyone you work with there is very helpful.

ConsThey don't have every state in the south yet.
    They don't get to use their rv for treatment as much as I would like

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving your contractors the respect you have always given them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrific Company to work for

Bookkeeper (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsTakes care of their employees

ConsPay is o.k. but a little low

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not micro manage

Amazing Opportunities, this is an organization that encourages employees who want to develop professionally!

Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) Cedar Park, TX

Pros-True concern for the employees on an individual level.
    -Expansion & Growth
    -Opportunitites

ConsA few departments are short staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruly understand what the vision and mission statement convey.
    Understand the obstacles others are facing
    Follow through with commitments you make.

Very rewarding and meaningful!

Military Operations (Current Employee) Cedar Park, TX

ProsBeing able to live within the mission statement is why I stay. I enjoy and take pride in placing the needs of others above my. DHMS fosters an environment that places our customers’ needs first. Next our responsibility is to our client’s, our staff, the community we serve and lastly our shareholders.
    Another reason to work at DHMS is the work we do has a purpose. That in itself is job satisfaction. We provide top quality dental care to our nation’s military. It’s very rewarding at the end of my work day to know we’ve done something to help the men and women in our services smile bigger and feel good about every single thing they do for in our defense.

ConsWhile we have some of the best benefits of any workforce, they are still a little pricey.However, they're getting better every year!

Advice to Senior ManagementLive within the Mission Statement, understand the Vision Statement and continue to listen to those who get the job done for you every day!

Stable, customer oriented, family like, progressive place to work.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Cedar Park, TX

ProsOnly place I have worked where they do book groups, management classes, learning classes of all types all on company time. This company wants you to learn and grow. The CEO puts the customers first. This is a customer oriented business in a time when customer service no longer exists. This company gives back to the community on a large scale. The employees as a whole are close and work hard to make the company what it is today.

ConsThere are times when the CEO's views are not followed by his staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose sight of the customer no matter how big you get because that is what makes you great.

POOR MANAGEMENT ! but looks great on a resume !

Dental Assistant to Lead to Dental Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorking with the troops is an extremely rewarding job ! They use to have a lot of great employees but they always run them off !

ConsThey will lie to you about whatever they have to to get you to work. They will offer mileage, money for food, or extra pay if short notice and never pay it. The guy that staffs will deny he ever told you anything. Get it in writing. You have to share hotel rooms with people that you do not know. I had worked with the company before it started going down hill and it was a pleasure, best job ever. In the past few years it has went down hill fast. Deduct miles off your trip due to "company policy", do not even pay the daily allowance at the government rate, and force you to share hotel rooms (I have shared with two other people before) all to pad their pockets ! After you put the time in that is "required" you only get about $12.50/hr, but after paying taxes, ect. it is much much less ! As a lead I did get paid more but after spending hours on the phone with my teams, setting up, tearing down, dealing with contractor issues, fedex issues, and going to buy KEY equipment and supplies that were left out the pay wasn't anything. Now I think they even dock their employees if they make a mistake ! WOW !

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trying to pad your pockets and start treating your contractors like someone ! I have heard you screaming and cursing at employees while I was on the phone with you. To the owner, learn about your company ! To whoever is the operations manager, blames everyone and never accepts any responsibility for his poor management and people skills. Hire a few more employees in the office to help the poor staffers that work very hard for you !

Get ready for a ride - long hours, weekends, and even if everything goes right - expect management to hammer you.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cedar Park, TX

ProsThis company does work nationwide, and does not invest in the longevity of its contractors. Thus it ends up going to internal staff for help, so if you like to travel, this is a great place to work.

ConsDHMS management is so disconnected from the day to day operations and out of touch with what it takes to get things done, staff is constantly playing the game of being in trouble and staying ahead of management's spot checks.

Advice to Senior ManagementA company that is all things tends to be a company that does all things poorly. Decide what it is the company is going to do, and until you are doing that well, focus on only that objective.

Worked for Dental Health Management Solutions? Contribute to the Community!