Dental Health Management Solutions

Updated September 7, 2014
Updated September 7, 2014
3.7

D. Shane Stevens

Great people to work with but can be stressful.

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Convenient location, great group of people to work with, bonuses at the end of the year.Forward thinking.

Cons

Can be very stressful. Alot of policy and procedures, deadlines regardless of what dept you work in, but that is the nature of temp placement anywhere. Pay is a little low compared to demands and requirements. Benefits are not that great but at least its offered.

Good but not a good place to work. Would not suggest this to my worst enemy

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Aiea, HI
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Aiea, HI

I worked at Dental Health Management Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Travel sometimes worst job I ever had people treat unfair don't look out for staff horrible work invirment.

Cons

On call, but n call

Should let fill in fill in:)

Great place to work.! Fast paced and awesome staff!

Current Employee - Quality Assurance
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a fast growing company that always has something in the works to better the company as well as it's employees. You get a chance to know EVERYONE (including the CEO which is not typical) you work with and eventually everyone become like family. The team is upbeat and someone is always there to make your day better...even if it wasn't a bad day! I really apprecate how much this company puts forth for their employees!

Cons

Fast growing company also means a little short handed in some areas and a lot of changes periodically

Continue to be open with the staff and keep us informed with what is going on.

Awesome company and staff

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions

Pros

You can work with a great company and people you respect . They work hard to help our military service men and women. Everyone you work with there is very helpful.

Cons

They don't have every state in the south yet.
    They don't get to use their rv for treatment as much as I would like

Keep giving your contractors the respect you have always given them

Terrific Company to work for

Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Austin, TX

Pros

Takes care of their employees

Cons

Pay is o.k. but a little low

Do not micro manage

Amazing Opportunities, this is an organization that encourages employees who want to develop professionally!

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-True concern for the employees on an individual level.
    -Expansion & Growth
    -Opportunitites

Cons

A few departments are short staffed.

Truly understand what the vision and mission statement convey.
    Understand the obstacles others are facing
    Follow through with commitments you make.

Very rewarding and meaningful!

Current Employee - Military Operations in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Military Operations in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to live within the mission statement is why I stay. I enjoy and take pride in placing the needs of others above my. DHMS fosters an environment that places our customers’ needs first. Next our responsibility is to our client’s, our staff, the community we serve and lastly our shareholders.
    Another reason to work at DHMS is the work we do has a purpose. That in itself is job satisfaction. We provide top quality dental care to our nation’s military. It’s very rewarding at the end of my work day to know we’ve done something to help the men and women in our services smile bigger and feel good about every single thing they do for in our defense.

Cons

While we have some of the best benefits of any workforce, they are still a little pricey.However, they're getting better every year!

Live within the Mission Statement, understand the Vision Statement and continue to listen to those who get the job done for you every day!

Stable, customer oriented, family like, progressive place to work.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only place I have worked where they do book groups, management classes, learning classes of all types all on company time. This company wants you to learn and grow. The CEO puts the customers first. This is a customer oriented business in a time when customer service no longer exists. This company gives back to the community on a large scale. The employees as a whole are close and work hard to make the company what it is today.

Cons

There are times when the CEO's views are not followed by his staff.

Don't lose sight of the customer no matter how big you get because that is what makes you great.

POOR MANAGEMENT ! but looks great on a resume !

Current Employee - Dental Assistant to Lead to Dental Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant to Lead to Dental Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with the troops is an extremely rewarding job ! They use to have a lot of great employees but they always run them off !

Cons

They will lie to you about whatever they have to to get you to work. They will offer mileage, money for food, or extra pay if short notice and never pay it. The guy that staffs will deny he ever told you anything. Get it in writing. You have to share hotel rooms with people that you do not know. I had worked with the company before it started going down hill and it was a pleasure, best job ever. In the past few years it has went down hill fast. Deduct miles off your trip due to "company policy", do not even pay the daily allowance at the government rate, and force you to share hotel rooms (I have shared with two other people before) all to pad their pockets ! After you put the time in that is "required" you only get about $12.50/hr, but after paying taxes, ect. it is much much less ! As a lead I did get paid more but after spending hours on the phone with my teams, setting up, tearing down, dealing with contractor issues, fedex issues, and going to buy KEY equipment and supplies that were left out the pay wasn't anything. Now I think they even dock their employees if they make a mistake ! WOW !

Quit trying to pad your pockets and start treating your contractors like someone ! I have heard you screaming and cursing at employees while I was on the phone with you. To the owner, learn about your company ! To whoever is the operations manager, blames everyone and never accepts any responsibility for his poor management and people skills. Hire a few more employees in the office to help the poor staffers that work very hard for you !

Get ready for a ride - long hours, weekends, and even if everything goes right - expect management to hammer you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Dental Health Management Solutions

Pros

This company does work nationwide, and does not invest in the longevity of its contractors. Thus it ends up going to internal staff for help, so if you like to travel, this is a great place to work.

Cons

DHMS management is so disconnected from the day to day operations and out of touch with what it takes to get things done, staff is constantly playing the game of being in trouble and staying ahead of management's spot checks.

A company that is all things tends to be a company that does all things poorly. Decide what it is the company is going to do, and until you are doing that well, focus on only that objective.