Dental Health Products Reviews

Updated February 17, 2015
6 reviews filtered by
2.8
Steve Bultman

1. Fun environment, great people, flexible hours.

I have been working at Dental Health Products full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with and the relaxed environment. You get to dress casual, have freedom to explore and discuss new ideas, and management is very approachable. My family is very important to me so the fact that I can maintain a work-life balance is awesome.

I feel I have had room for personal growth here as well, management encourages you to come up with new ideas and is open to trying them.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Poor Management, Low Pay

Former Employee - Sales Department in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Department in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Dental Health Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility was a plus, coworkers were friendly and family-oriented and spend time together outside of work hours. On-site nurse, massage therapy. Wellness program to help encourage employee health.

Cons

Employees are highly undervalued and severely underpaid. Management is almost non-existent and have no interest in finding realistic ways to improve their own departments; employees are left to deal with issues management should be responsible for. No path for career advancement. Terrible software and ordering system, technology is hugely lacking.

Listen to your employees suggestions and complaints, don't just blow them off and dismiss them as if they are easily replaceable. Stop protecting and rewarding employees who act inappropriately. Start recognizing the employees who actually care and are there for the right reasons. Most of all be honest with your employees and customers, they know more than you realize and don't like the wool pulled over their eyes.

3. Poor company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Dental Health Products full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flex time in hours .

Cons

Poor health care offered . Poor managers in sales and poor sales director that is not in office . Only men in top positions . Owners don't care to offer much in pay . Only care about there own pockets . Not a good place to work .

Poor pay and poor management

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Dental Health Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job freedom is the the biggest asset of the job. I was a sales rep and you are given the freedom to construct your time and day any way you wished as long as you produced. Decent catalog.

Cons

Limited advancement, limited training, far below industry standard salary and commissions, poor ordering software, poor shipping times, poor website, inexperienced managers.

Pay a fair salary and commission. Stop buying little independent companies in an effort to artificially inflate declining sales numbers. Get a better ordering system.

Love it and it has great potential!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Dental Health Products full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are really great!

Cons

I really do not see any so far

Better place to work if you are of male gender.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Franken, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Franken, WI

I have been working at Dental Health Products

Pros

Friendly employees, flexibility of hours, updated equipment, casual dress most days.

Cons

Management dosen't even know names of employees in their own (small) department. No recognition for work done and/or middle management takes credit for ideas - work improvement. Under payed - especially if female. No female management.

Take a look at all the wasteful ways you could cut back on your own outrageous expenses and pay your "lower level" employees better so 87% of them don't have to have a second job just to feed their kids.

Dental Health Products Photos