DentalOne Partners

DentalOne Partners Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2014

DentalOne Partners President and CEO Keith Newton

Keith Newton

I have grown so much in the 6 years that I have worked with the company.

Akron, OH

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis is a great company to work for. There are always so many opportunities available for advancement.

ConsWe often have to fight off a negative reputation that comes along with being a corporate company.

Better than most DSO's but still left with an immense amount of room for improvement.

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf the practice you manage performs financially, you are allowed quite a bit of autonomy. The company is in the process of trying to grow and that does provide opportunity for input in shaping company processes. The company values are on the right path (Patient Experience, Honesty, Integrity, Communication, etc).

ConsWork/Life balance in a salary position is a challenge which can vary from practice to practice but 60 hour weeks are not uncommon. As an Office Leader, you are expected to perform all management tasks as well as work the Front Desk. The offices are not budgeted to allow the Leader to only manage. You can expect to be working on menial tasks filing charts, making confirmation calls, and scheduling appointments which can take up a lot of time. The practices are consistently understaffed.

Benefits have been downgraded each year that I have been with the company, from taking away the 401K match, lowering medical plans but increasing cost, even fewer dental benefits.

The company developed its own proprietary software that has not yet been perfected. It was not developed by those in the dental field and requires constant work and upgrades due to issues and glitches which can impede daily function.
Accurate patient billing is a constant challenge which is handled centrally at the home office but the upset patients come to the practice for resolution.

As an Office Leader, there is minimal room for growth especially considering that the number of positions available in the next step up have been decreasing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to provide care for the patients at the desired level, that will require increased staffing and investment in your people (which will help reduce turnover as well).

HR violations, Abuse from SLOs and a dental company operated by people that have never worked in a dental office.

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time

ProsFree or discounted dental work

ConsMicromanagement at its worse, verbal abuse and sexual harassment from senior leaders of operations, insurance fraud....overall, this is where morality and ethics come to die. They pretend to be on your side and transparent about their decisions but this is far from the truth. They yell at the office leaders for not making budget but we allow them to have apartments and cars in different states, expense their Starbucks and cocktails and they have the nerve to talk to us about doing what's right.

Advice to Senior ManagementWanna save money and become the best? Take all that money you spend and making your lives comfortable and invest in your offices and the employees. Eliminate the need for multiple SLOs and clean house of the clique at corporate. Go ask Pacific Dental how it's done

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dirty Politics! Treat their providers like trash!

Dentist (Former Employee)

I worked at DentalOne Partners part-time for more than a year

ProsGood equipment, patients and clinical staff!

ConsHide many facts from you, if you raise concerns, you are either fired or harassed to the extent that you quit!
Bad boys club kind of unity among the management, doctors are either money makers or trash. Company culture is totally unethical!
Dentists are governed by Office managers , who have no idea what dentistry is , or if they have seen a dental school ever!

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not think any advice would help !

Discouraging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DentalOne Partners full-time

ProsPay was fair and job was not routine.

ConsLack of recognition for hard work and contributions. Poor communication and a
culture of distrust. No 401k match.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen the lines of communication and listen to front line staff concerns.

Poor management, no raises, all about profits

Senior Leader of Operations (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI liked the teammates at my practice
I really felt I was helping the patients

ConsThe management team is lost, constantly making promised without keeping them
There is a big scandal about doctors and hygienist over diagnosing periodontal disease for profits
Hardly ever saw a raise
Over a few years: canceled 401k match, increased health insurance premiums, decreased health insurance benefits
Reputation for churning through team members -- hire, sink-or-swim, fire

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the pressure on hygienists and doctors to over-diagnose
Split the business back to pre-merger

Working at DentalOne Partners has been a great learning and rewarding experience.

Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee)
Canton, OH

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe extended hours we offer our patients allow flexibility in scheduling work hours; a real plus for both patients & staff. The benefits are competitive, including PTO which increases with years of service. Being part of a dental service organization means support @ the home office level for many administrative functions. This enables all professional and support staff the opportunity to focus our efforts on outstanding patient care and service in our practices. Management is accessible and supportive.

ConsThis is not a "9-5". There are late week nights and Saturday shifts to cover.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the disparity between corporate and field practices relative to closed holiday calendar & other benefits. Improve marketing to educate the public of the great value our organization offers.

Committed to an exceptional patient experience

Columbus, OH

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company offers good benefits including generous paid time off. I enjoy the people I work with including my manager. After 7 years I continue to learn every day and advance my skill set.

ConsSome of the practice hours are beyond the 9-5. On some terms this is a con, but for my family I am able to arrange my schedule to meet my needs even though I often work some evenings/Saturdays. I often am able to make doctor appointments and such during the week with out using my PTO because of the flexible hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any advice to offer. I am pleased with our management and their direction with the company. They continually solicit the advice of the people in the practices and are often able to put that advice into action. You can't say that for many companies.

Like family!

Senior Leader of Operations (Current Employee)
DFW, TX

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGrowth and advancement opportunity, thriving industry, benefits, amazing executives. I have been with this company almost 9 years and have had amazing mentors and development. This company has allowed opportunities for me that a private practice never would have been able to. My position allows me to combine my passion for dentistry with fundamentals I enjoy in every day work life, and an opportunity to make a difference for patients and coworkers.

ConsYou must want to work hard (not a real con for me), Not yet in all 50 states!

Excellence in Motion

Revenue Cycle (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsDental One Partners is fast becoming a premier dental solution int he industry. Our leadership and teams are innovative, forward-thinking, collaborative, developing best practices. It has been a welcome challenge and opportunity for both personal and professional growth

ConsDental One Partners was previously overcoming hurdles from past leadership and change management. There are some staff (not leadership) who struggle to move forward, but in the end it will continue to move in the direction of best practices within the dental industry. Very much looking forward to working with them into the next phase.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work in developing Dental One and encouraging growth and best practices moving forward for the organization, staff, and business associates and partners. No matter where you fall within Dental One's structures it will be a positive trend moving forward due to the involvement and direction that leadership is taking us.

Worked for DentalOne Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DentalOne Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DentalOne Partners CEO Keith Newton. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by DentalOne Partners employees.