Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Add Photos

Arthur A. Gonzalez

Lobby Cashier

Lobby Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThis position was a perfect fit for me, it was a contract temporary position.

ConsIt turned out that the Manager had someone hired for the position before I started working temporary.

Advice to Senior ManagementI loved working for Denver Health

Nursing

Nursing (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat people and benefits. This hospital is rapidly changing. The hospital has applied for magnet status and there are multiple opportunities to flourish and advance in the nursing profession.

ConsThe hospital is a safety net facility and as such, seems to have consistent and regular financial problems. Even as a nurse, job security can be a worry.

Advice to Senior ManagementNursing management is excellent. However, the focus on lean process improvement has been overdone.

Mission driven organization with a few gems

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsExcellent mission. Employees are great to work with and believe in mission (department specific). Pay is decent, for a true non-profit hospital serving the underserved. Benefits are excellent. Great location - public transport and trails available.

ConsSlightly under-resourced. Certain departments need training. Systems are inefficient. The IT department needs work. Professional development budgets slim and very little offered in terms of on-sight professional development.

Advice to Senior ManagementDenver Health could be so much more LEAN if more lean systems were put in place. Too many arbitrary systems with outdated technology. The place would save $$$$ if it had a competent IT department / infrastructure.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love the mission and vision

ProsDenver Health is a great place to work, everyone works well as a team and believes in the mission of caring for the underserved.

ConsNot very many financial resources.

The CEO is a wonderful person

Education Coordinator (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsPeople, benefits, opportunities, getting a pet therapy program

ConsThe parking situation is a challenge

Worked with Denver Sheriffs Departmentt at Denver Justice Center.

Staff RN (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWorking With Correctional Care Wasn't easy but was fulfilling. Denver Health paid Great wages.

ConsThe type of people and management skills , I had to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be more professional and personable to all staff.

Huge system with an excellent mission

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAligns with personal values of mine

ConsSystem is too large, the health care benefits at Denver Health are pretty sub-par

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove benefits and salary

Nursing Challenge

Charge Nurse (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsExcellent work enviorment to expand your knowledge and nursing skills

ConsCertain staffing ratios were challenging

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is not a cookie-cutter enviorment but one of many challenges and certain standard staffing ratios do not always work in certain units

Worked as ward clerk/clerical support @ infirmary in Denver Co Jail. tx Md/rn orders to chart.

Ward Clerk/Clerical Support Clerk/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsInteresting, busy working environment, Enjoyed the people I was involved with & challenges associated with position. Was able to feel that I had accomplished something.

ConsSometimes the area could become dangerous, but I felt secure with training and area I was in. Sometimes work could be tedious, but almost always a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep office politics to a minimum.

Career opportunities exist here!

IT Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to move within the company for transfers, promotions, or additional opportunities; very good retirement plan contributions; good work life balance; tight-knit teams who support, help, and believe in each other; a "we're all in this together" attitude; a CEO who is visible and knows the direction we need to go;

ConsNot much money for training; parking is tough; some buildings need remodeling; tough financial climate makes some things uncertain; health benefits either require to stay at Denver Health for care and face very long waitlists or you can go outside Denver Health and pay a ton of money for your care.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people's feet to the fire for being bad managers because this absolutely impacts your bottom line. It's obvious who these people area, and a little house cleaning isn't a bad thing.

Worked for Denver Health and Hospital Authority? Contribute to the Community!