Depomed Reviews

Depomed President, CEO, and Director James A. (Jim) Schoeneck
James A. (Jim) Schoeneck

1. Love it here

I have been working at Depomed

Pros

Exciting future Development focused culture Proactive leadership approach Great central location Nimble and not bogged down with too much process Thought leaders when it comes to incentive practices. Exciting contests, great prizes, motivating incentive pay.

Cons

Need more participation in charitable events Need to think of creative ways to recognize non-sales staff

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Keep thinking of ways to take care of your number 1 asset your employees. Your doing a great job and I know it will only get better.

2. Executive Assistant

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Belmont, CA

I have been working at Depomed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The executive team walks their talk.

Cons

Although we have stock with the company they limit their stock & bonus at time of performance reviews.

Advice to Management

They should revisit how much stock they offer with raises and bonus at review time.

3. Great culture

Former Employee - Contractor in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Newark, CA

I worked at Depomed

Pros

Great culture and values. People are very nice and a pleasure to work with. The company is growing at a very mindful pace. Location is commute friendly.

Cons

Too many snacks. I can't resist free chips.

5. Bad

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at Depomed

Pros

Base salary is the only positive draw to a job with this underperforming company.

Cons

Low commission/bonus Me-too drugs with little advantage over generic options Bad leadership Off-label selling practices Non-compliant No room for career advancement Low level leadership is incompetent

Advice to Management

Get rid of incompetent sales managers and revamp HR, sales training, compliance department and all whom encourage illegal practices. FDA should keep a close eye on sales practices. Physician's should be skeptical of messaging from sales specialists.

6. Bright future ahead for Depomed

I have been working at Depomed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I reviewed some of the posts on this site and I realized that they are dated and companies change over time. I can tell you that Depomed is a company of change. People who excel at the company are people who embrace and accept change, finding it invigorating and inspiring. I believe we have a team of leaders who a paving the way for a successful future at Depomed, Inc. It’s thrilling to be part of this growing family culture. Where the President knows everyone’s name! Take a minute and consider joining us on this journey.

Cons

For some people change is difficult, at Depomed, we work with everyone to help them embrace change and provide the necessary tools for success.

Advice to Management

Keep brining in the business!!! Stay focused on growing the company. Please maintain the culture as we continue to grow.

7. Mature Culture

I have been working at Depomed

Pros

Great smart people to work with. Most employees have a lost of work experience in the field

Cons

Could have better defined processes

Advice to Management

Work on defining processes. Need a SOP book for all activities and tasks

Sexism is rife - dont be a smart female expecting to succeed

Former Employee - Research and Development
    Former Employee - Research and Development

I worked at Depomed full-time

Pros

Most folks at HQ are good to work with. Basic collaboration and willingness to get the job done among bench-level folks. Salaries and benefits quite competitive.

Cons

Leadership is composed of men... only a handful of females in upper management, and even then, they report to men... Old boys network who look to make themselves richer while ignoring those that have to put in the hours and get the job done. No pipeline at all, only me-too products with no benefits over existing products. Back-stabbing and bullying from certain heads of department make the culture intimidating to promote any collaborative discussions and decision making in a team setting. Especially if you're an intelligent female who has succeeded elsewhere and are trying to implement your successes here. Do not follow their procedures or have systems that are robust. Lazy heads of departments who just want to collect a pay check.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the folks that actually do the work. Listen to their ideas. Nepotism has never been a useful tool in inspiring collaboration and team work, so stop doing it now. How about recruiting some women in to senior management? Dont reward those that constantly bully others and behave inappropriately - have a forum for employees to be able to report this, and have the issues confronted.

9. Sales

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Flex Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Flex Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Depomed full-time

Pros

Small company, good environment, start up,

Cons

need bigger pipeline, need more employees at home office

Advice to Management

n/a

10. Outstanding experience at this company wearing many hats in Senior position

Current Employee - Senior Management in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Depomed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High growth, dynamic atmosphere. Very exciting, never boring. Lot's of challenges and rewards.

Cons

Not profitable yet, so still boot-strapping as much as possible.

Advice to Management

Get profitable.

Flex Sales Rep

Current Employee - Flex Sales
    Current Employee - Flex Sales

I have been working at Depomed part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good product offering with Gralise but Zipsor is just another me too.

Cons

Poor Managent and no clear sales direction. If ram my own business with the same lack of direction I would be bankrupt.

Advice to Management

A culture of fear to drive performance will never get the best performance from your employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed