Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nothing to do!

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI worked as a summer intern in 2008 and the pay was definitely the best part of the job. With almost no work experience, I started off at $12/hr.

ConsThere was almost always nothing to do. Most of my time was spent trying to look busy and when I was actually given work, it was just busy work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure there is always something for the interns to do.

Archaic Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupportive colleagues were one of the "pros" of this workplace; salary was acceptable

ConsVery little work to do; upper management operates with an archaic management mindset

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more respect to staff

No increase in pay for YEARS; Low pay to begin with; NO work-Life balance; High turnover rate

Child Protective Investigator (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsFlexible schedule, good benefits, interesting work

ConsFew opportunities for promotion; Low pay with far too many cases as a result of high turnover rate. High turnover rate is due in large part to the lack of pay raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementChild protective investigators need more pay and more opportunities for advancement within the agency. There needs to be incremental pay raises for years of service, along with cost of living increases. Top management earns far too much, there is a too high degree of disparity between the workers in the field and upper management. Those of us who love the job are tempted to leave because of the very low pay and the fact that high turnover rate causes those of us who do stay on the job to be loaded down with cases. Hiring more people does not solve the root of the problem. Management needs to look at keeping good employees, and one way to do this is by implementing regular pay increases for years of service.

Worked for Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families? Contribute to the Community!