Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014
3.3

CEO

it was a wonderful working with Administration for children service the staff was great

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Case Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families full-time for more than a year

Pros

Administration for children and family service is a great company to work for

Cons

You can move up in the company very fast if you can take the challenge that come with the job

the personal growth in the company is very width you can move up very fast if you can take the challenge that come with the position

Archaic Management

I worked at Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families full-time

Pros

Supportive colleagues were one of the "pros" of this workplace; salary was acceptable

Cons

Very little work to do; upper management operates with an archaic management mindset

Show more respect to staff

No increase in pay for YEARS; Low pay to begin with; NO work-Life balance; High turnover rate

Current Employee - Child Protective Investigator  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Child Protective Investigator in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families

Pros

Flexible schedule, good benefits, interesting work

Cons

Few opportunities for promotion; Low pay with far too many cases as a result of high turnover rate. High turnover rate is due in large part to the lack of pay raises.

Child protective investigators need more pay and more opportunities for advancement within the agency. There needs to be incremental pay raises for years of service, along with cost of living increases. Top management earns far too much, there is a too high degree of disparity between the workers in the field and upper management. Those of us who love the job are tempted to leave because of the very low pay and the fact that high turnover rate causes those of us who do stay on the job to be loaded down with cases. Hiring more people does not solve the root of the problem. Management needs to look at keeping good employees, and one way to do this is by implementing regular pay increases for years of service.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nothing to do!

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families

Pros

I worked as a summer intern in 2008 and the pay was definitely the best part of the job. With almost no work experience, I started off at $12/hr.

Cons

There was almost always nothing to do. Most of my time was spent trying to look busy and when I was actually given work, it was just busy work.

Make sure there is always something for the interns to do.

Worked for Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families? Contribute to the Community!