Derco Aerospace

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brian Holt

Small company feel, big company benefits

Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee)
    Robins AFB, GA

ProsThe benefits with Derco are great, being a part of United Technolgies/ Sikorsky is one of the best parts. The bonus are good and the time off allowed to employees is top notch.

ConsWhen part of a small satellite program you feel as though the company forgets about you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to always keep employees engaged with all of companies actions. Have senior management make surprise visits to ensure leadership at site is on top of what is going on.

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive benefits, comfortable working environment, casual almost every day.

ConsJust about everything else, company politics.

Door Should Be Closing... Favortism and Good Ol'Boys Survive

Favortism
    Brown nosing
    Snitching
    ACE/Lean/Six Sigma

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow some balls and be honest with your employees. And don't allow those who sleep their way up the company to be in charge of people... when they have no experience and play favorites.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Going Nowhere Fast"

Milwaukee, WI

ProsFair pay, and gained tools as related to ACE (however the company has gone ACE crazy, and you spend a fair chunck of your time working on ACE when you'd rather be doing your job)

ConsManagement is in a bubble. It is a good 'ole boys club. Those who suck up the most will get ahead. There are great people who work there who are often overlooked because they aren't in the 'clique'
    This company has been on a 'hiring freeze since 2009', with layoff's occuring 2x's/year since then. In 2009, they were at over 300 employees in Milwaukee, as of now they are down to 150 employees., There will be less this fall, with the distribution warehouse personnel being laid off in September 2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe staff feels as though the company is being gutted, and will be either shutdown or sold in the next year or so. It doesn't matter what advice you give to managment, they have a track history of not listening.

Completely dysfunctional company

Sales (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsHas some extremely quality and dedicated employees. They are overall honest, hardworking folks.

ConsCompany has lacked cohesive strategy & leadership for over years. Their parent company (Sikorsky Aircraft) pillages the company, while management just tries to save their own skin. Drama, politics and a boys-club mentality rule the day, and the suck-ups get promoted. Morale is at an all-time low, and "process" rules the day, not people, performance, or relationships. This company has lost their soul, and rumor is they will be soon gutted like a fish by their idiotic by savvy Parent Company. Don't work for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow some balls & stand up to SAS! They will fire you eventually too PS.

If you will say "yes" to anything and not disagree with anyone, you'll do just fine at Derco Aerospace.

Derco Repair (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe benefits are slightly above average for the aviation industry. The work environment is clean and well lit. Workers do not have to clock into work. Timesheets are based on the honor system. Vacation time does not seem to ever be denied.

ConsBusiness ethics are thrown out the window if they're going to affect the company's numbers for the week/month/year. The repair shop follows programs meant for manufacturing companies. The company deals with old technology. Management has their favorite people and definetly shows it.

Employer in a niche that is slowly going away. OEM's would rather sell direct to the end customer. C-130 is all you have

Materials Manager (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsBasic distributor so job was not hard

ConsShuffle people around and sometimes into positions they are not a good fit for. When layoffs come, you're the first out the door. Teams work in silos and it's an everybody for themselves type environment. The Director levels and above have been there a long time. If you don't have aerospace, specifically military, don't waste your time with this company. You'll go nowhere!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Aerospace only candidates for your management positions as you aren't willing to provide any training whatsoever.

Derco

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team work...
    Open Management...
    Great Benefits....

ConsFurlough Days....
    Raises are not much....

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat work....

It's an AWFUL company, constant changes at all times

CS Repair (Former Employee)

ProsIt's good place to work, if your intersted in learning interntional business trade. Further, if you have experience in dealing with people around the world, this is the place

ConsNo notice of changes. Constant playing musical chairs with its employees. If you hang out with the right crow, you will go far, no matter how inept you are. However, if you dont have the people smooching skills, you will be heading out the door.
    As a former employee, I was told I was to be transferred to another position within the company in about week, this was told to me by my direct superior. However, three days later, I was told by the inept GM (my direct superior's boss) my current position was eliminated due to the down trend and uncertainty in the marketplace.
    I asked about the transfer and he had "NO" idea what I was talking about. Therefore, I was shown the door immediately, through no fault of my own. Talk about bad communication within the organization.
    The HR manager, did not even have any information for me as how to collect Unemployment Benefits, his exact word were "check the phone book, under the state listing". That how incompetent these people are.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate with each other, and do a better skill matching with the employees & their position. D

Demoralized by politics.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe insurance is pretty good and the pay is fairly competitive for the aerospace industry. There is an emphasis placed on employee safety though it is somewhat over done.

ConsPolitics are out of control. Spend more time on unnecessary ACE projects than your actual job. Only people who 'play the game' get promoted. Unethical leadership. Poor training. Every year they reorganize the company promoting the game players.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to things that don't show up on financial reports or PowerPoint presentations - like the culture of the company.

Worked for Derco Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Derco Aerospace reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Derco Aerospace CEO Brian Holt. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Derco Aerospace employees.