Desert Schools FCU

Desert Schools FCU President and CEO Susan C. Frank
Susan C. Frank

Salary

I worked at Desert Schools FCU

Pros

great job to start off

Cons

base salary is kind of low

Desert Schools FCU is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Desert Schools FCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

They believe in promoting within the organization and really cares about their employee growth. The management listens to employee feedback on work satisfaction. They make sure you have the proper training and tools to complete your job. Part of the core values of the company is community involvement and they really encourage volunteering.

Cons

The salary tends to be slightly below average. The company as a whole is a little behind the technology curve.

Offer more competitive salaries based on skill set.

Don't do it...

Current Employee - Professional  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Professional in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Desert Schools FCU full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For the most part, you'll have great co-workers and maybe build some long lasting friendships/relationships. Benefits are slightly above average as well.

Cons

Pay is below average and inadequate for internal "promotions". Senior leadership is more concerned about politics and saving face than doing the right thing for members, employees, or the company's bottom line. If you are willing to compromise your ethics, you will do well and climb the corporate ladder.

DS used to be a great place to work.the employee pillar of your foundation is severely degraded due to poor upper and middle management.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Registered Sales Associate

Current Employee - Registered Sales Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Desert Schools FCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay for your licenses and flexible schedule. Benefits are good and there is variable comp

Cons

The pay is not competitive and there is very little room for growth. Also the workload is to much.

none

Great because of the employees, not the management.

Current Employee - Back Office  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Back Office in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Desert Schools FCU full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friendly coworkers, fair health benefits, and a strong commitment to serving the community.

Cons

Most back office employees have no chance at incentive/bonuses, no matter how productive. Everything is now geared towards sales and if you only support, and don't contribute you don't have a chance at being rewarded. A lot of management hires are based on politics or who know instead of knowledge and actual leadership.

Go back to when employees were the greatest asset and reward the strong performers, regardless of whether they work at the branch or in the basement.

Don't keep their word.

Former Employee - Teller  in  Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Teller in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Desert Schools FCU full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The interaction with the members. They train you on the basics only.

Cons

They only train you on the basics and then throw you in and expect you to provide services you don't know how to do. They don't keep their word. The managers are paid for not doing any work. They don't have realistic expectations of their employees. Their incentive program is a joke

Learn to work. Tell the truth keep your word

Promotes learning and the use of other skill sets

Current Employee - Service Manager
    Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Desert Schools FCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

Desert Schools is a great environment because of its culture. Being a product of Phoenix for 75 years, its involvement in the community and with local charities is second to none. For my role, I found DS to be open to my using other skill sets I have...not for just what I was hired to do. If I've been able to help others, even in other departments, I've taken that initiative and jumped right in. Being that it is a Credit Union...being an employee with financial accounts within the business is easy and convenient.

Cons

I find that the compensation at Desert Schools is probably less than the national and regional average.

Keep up the nice work. I appreciate that the management at DS has allowed me to show them what I am able to bring to the table. My initiative and desire to not only keep up my skill sets but to also help others when possible is a great perk that my managers have allowed me exercise.

I enjoy working for Desert Schools because it was fun taking care of members issues and the supervisor made it fun place

Former Employee - Member Solutions Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Member Solutions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Desert Schools FCU full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cons

The main cons I can say was when a members was disappointed with our service due to an error on their accounts and we were blame for it, when it was their fault.

Continue to be there for you employee

Joke

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Desert Schools FCU

Pros

They Volunteer with many places

Cons

They do not pay well

Who cares what you know just smile and flirt. If you do you could go from analyst to director overnight! Executive managers should habe more insight into what the Senior Managers do and who they promote.

Insane!!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Desert Schools FCU full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and hours worked with family. Met some great friends while working there.

Cons

This is a credit union and I think Senior Management forgets that. They tried to compete with banks all the time. Change is good for the better not because some other bank is doing it. That would be the wrong reason to change everything. Promote within you have great hard working employees that would not be so unhappy if you trained and promoted employees. So much money/time is wasted with redundancy. Hire your managers on character and abilities not on familiarity and loudness in your face people who can put up a show.

You need to remember what it was like to work in the front lines (Teller, MSR's, Managers).
    Get an identity for the credit union and be unique!! I felt like we constantly where copying what the banks where doing instead of doing what worked for us and the MEMBERS who keep us open. Stay on top of technology and most importantly be a CREDIT UNION otherwise change your name to Desert Schools BANK!!

Worked for Desert Schools FCU? Contribute to the Community!