Desert Valley hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lex Reddy

Ultrasound Dept. Intern

Ultrasound Intern (Former Employee)
Victorville, CA

I worked at Desert Valley hospital as an intern for less than a year

ProsMy internship at DVH was amazing. I acquired more skills and knowledge during my internship than I did in 1 1/2 year of schooling!

ConsI wish there were more employment opportunities, I would've loved to have been hired on at the end of my internship, but positions were not available.

Advice to Senior Managementno advice to give. Everything was outstanding.

Great place to work

Assistant (Former Employee)
Victorville, CA

I worked at Desert Valley hospital

ProsDesert Valley Hospital is a great place to work. I worked there as part of my community service for school, and loved it. I even considered going back once my hours were completed to continue work.
Great environment, nice people, free lunch at the hospital cafeteria, and very flexible schedules.

ConsOne of the only downsides I experienced in my position was that I had to operate the food cart, pushing it throughout the different levels of the hospital and deliver food and drinks to the doctors and patients. There is a certain order to go through each section and certain times to be through each one, which can be heard because sometimes people can make very complicated orders or be real indecisive and make you off schedule.
A lot of the patients can also be very rude which is of course frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what youre doing and try not to be so demanding of people. It is a great hospital and a very nice environment but sometimes things can get a little hectic and cause people to be not so caring as they should be in a place like that.

desert valley review

R N (Current Employee)

I have been working at Desert Valley hospital

Prospaid job. pharmacy, radiology dept, housekeeping are all very nice people.

ConsIf you are a new grad and cannot get a job anywhere else than you should get experience anywhere you can. However, you will be trained by new nurses with a year experience, charge nurses will be new as well, so good luck if you have any kind of serious issue when one of the few remaining experienced nurses are not working. Also health insurance, O.T. shifts, pay everything has been cut back or taken away. This is not due to economy its due to owner buying more and more hospitals. Health insurace was good before now you must use the owners facilities, no more choosing your own M.D.'s. Moral is low, complaints go unheard. The pay is low compared to a union hospital in the area where nurses are making 8-10 dollars more an hour than this facility, with an option of 3 different health ins. plans. Many of the professional experienced hard working nurses have left or are looking to leave due to money issues. Its very sad, the owner is aware but nothing has changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff. We are the front line taking care of patients representing the hospital. We should be well taken care of and supported.

review of deseert valley hospital

R N (Current Employee)

I have been working at Desert Valley hospital

ProsBenefits, people, benefits, benefits, benefits.

ConsWe are the lowest paid nurses amongst the three local hospitals.

Advice to Senior ManagementReconize the good nurses.

Worked for Desert Valley hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Desert Valley hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Desert Valley hospital CEO Lex Reddy. All reviews posted anonymously by Desert Valley hospital employees.