Destination Hotels Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

4.1

James Sabatier

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Destination Hotels full-time

Pros

Value employees and good benefits

Cons

Tendency to understaff accounting office

Shorten 401k participation threshold for executive committee

No direction but consequences for your actions....

Former Employee - Front Desk  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Seattle, WA

I worked at Destination Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you love customer service and solving issues for guests then this is for you!
    Co-workers are awesome! You will need them.

Cons

1. There is no training or structure. You are not set-up for success from the beginning.
    2. They go through Front Office Management quickly which is partly why there is no leadership or direction for front desk agents.
    3. You are to complete loads of work. They expect you to work your tail off for $11.
    4. No chance for promotion. They do not promote within the "family".
    5. When guests are mad or upset and you follow the direction that you were given by management and they then ask for a manager, management will never back you up. They will always give the guest whatever they want even if it's completely far-fetched. ($100 comp because they had to get their key re-keyed ONCE) Ridiculous!
    6. Management is not honest. They are indirect, nor do they answer your concerns about anything.
    7. There is no management basically.
    8. Last thing, when you request days off 2 weeks in advance or more. You will not find out if its been approved or denied unless you keep asking & asking or until you see the schedule and your off the days or on the days you requested.

I was there when it was Red Lion & its now Motif. It truly isn't a pleasant place to work. Upper Mismanagement is the reason I left. I was appreciated and asked to stay after my 2 weeks. A little too late:)

My advice for management is to provide leadership to your staff & to give them clear & concise direction & structure.

Awesome! Fun people to work with!

I have been working at Destination Hotels

Pros

Most employees are friendly and work together well.

Cons

Low hourly wages for entry level management.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellence driven

Former Employee - Manager  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Destination Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co workers - there are some conflict between the company stated values and upper management actions - there is a get on board or leave attitude - great ideas and ideal but the follow up isn't there

Cons

Review your value and apply them

Great Company to Be a Part Of!

Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong Culture that promotes innovation, collaboration, and growth. Between all managers and associates people have a passion for what we do each and every day. A strong culture has been created and it is a joy to be a part of.

Cons

Between upward mobility and stimuating work environment, I do not find many cons specific to this organization.

Keep doing what you are doing-listening to your people! You continue to make Destination a great place to work!

Amazing collection of hotels & resorts with even a better culture!

Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing  in  Del Mar, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Destination Hotels they foster a community of individuals that value the benefit of clear communication, honesty, and balance of life. They look for talent from within the organiziation when opportunities present themselves. The culture also encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and creativity.

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Keep doing what you are doing as the company expands. Don't lose the personal touch with the indivudal hotel teams.

Respected and Liberated

Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing  in  Sunriver, OR
    Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Sunriver, OR

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

DH&R gives leaders a culture of entrepreneurial responsibility where one is limited solely by what you are able to creatively envision.

Cons

Lack of top down structure isn't for everyone. You must have tools in your toolbox, typically from years of experience in order to achieve success in an independent environment.

The ability to remain a resource to the hotels as we grow will be critical to our culture.

Off to a great start

Current Employee - DOSM  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - DOSM in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked for a number of the big hotel chains including Starwood & Disney, and the past year with DH&R has been a breath of fresh air. While my previous roles have given me a wealth of knowledge and disciplines, I now have the opportunity to try new initiatives and tactics that I know can produce great results, but without the constraints that other companies place on individuals. We also place emphasis on hiring not only talented candidates, but those that can build off of great teams and networking. The corporate team at DH&R is filled with talented folks that truly care about their employees and are always available to assist with any needs. Our diverse independent portfolio also allows individuals to advance in various career paths and take on skills that can apply to any hotel chains if you so chose to leave at a later date.

Cons

If you're looking a company that allows networking with thousands of peers that you're also competing for the same jobs, then this company is not for you.

Have worked for Destination of over 10 years, it has been a great 10 years

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

the opportunity to make an impact on the company and individuals. great culture.. it is what they say it is.

Cons

the team has very high goals and expectations, need to contribute to the success

continue to build on the sucess and culture

Destination Hotels is Solid!

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently joined Destination Hotels as a sales and marketing executive. After more than 20 years of experience, mostly with major chains, I have to say that the quality of senior leadership and the emphasis on aethics and culture make this company make this a great place to work!

Cons

Destination Hotels, the largest management company of independent hotels in the world, is still reletively unknown.

Continue to hire the very best and do not lose the culture as you grow.

Worked for Destination Hotels? Contribute to the Community!