Destination Rewards

Well Done Gentelmen

Current Employee - Confidential
    Current Employee - Confidential

I have been working at Destination Rewards

Pros

Wonderful/caring management team, casual work environment, amazing people, So much to offer in terms of personal accomplishment if you allow it

Cons

Things can and always do Change

Kudos to these gentlemen for all that they have accomplished. I have read many of the disparaging comments in the past, and I task anyone to create a successful venture from inception to successful execution. Founder is nothing short of and Entrepreneurial genius, and the COO is one of the nicest people I have ever ha the pleasure of meeting. I wish this organization nothing but continued success, and growth in the coming years.

Smaller company, with limited thinking

Former Employee - Worked In IT
    Former Employee - Worked In IT

I worked at Destination Rewards full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Smaller company, so it's somewhat flexible in term of process. The benefits aren't too bad, and if you have a good relationship with your immediate manager you can be golden

Cons

Management is limited in their thinking, and it all comes down to the President's thoughts. In my opinion those are a continuous moving target, so everyone spends time scrambling around with too much to do then the next day it changes. This place is incredibly political

Get some training and start following best practices. Learn more about the competitive market for employees, and start trying to grow the company

Do not fall for it.. the are SKUMBAGS!

I worked at Destination Rewards full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nothing. The company is a fraud who abuses employees and well and customers.

Cons

Like I have already stated they are a scam. They take advantage of everyone they feel is a easy target.

Shut your company down before the law gets involved.

Don't do it

I worked at Destination Rewards full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people. This website wants me to add at least 5 words so I'm just typing. Wish I could come up with more.

Cons

Everything else
    You will be duped in the interview process, offered less than you are worth, be shouted at and verbally assaulted by Management and watch your co-workers come and go as they please they'll get nothing done and they'll be the ones promoted. Seriously, as enticing as it may seem in the interview realize you are being manipulated. I am a profession who has worked and consulted at many places and I have never seen a more dysfunctional executive team. They all need to retire or work in fast-food.

retire or get a job where your employees don't rely on your for their livelihood... because you have no clue what you are doing and will "lay off" some of the best employees who have ever walked through your doors while you allow a bunch of mindless drones who work 20 hours a week to keep their jobs.

It is horrible

Former Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Destination Rewards full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company. It is a sad excuse for a company. The management is clueless.

Cons

No structure, low salary, stupid management and lazy employees. Employees do nothing all day and come in to work at anytime and leave early.

Deluxe need to fire all the directors

Blind-sided

Former Employee - Buyer in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Destination Rewards full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There was an energetic and enthusiastic group of people working at Destination Rewards. There was an eagerness to succeed and a sincerely willingness to discover what to do to attain that success.

Cons

The general attitude of the administration was Blue-sky. They wanted everything and rewarded it with nothing to those responsible for providing that what was desired.

In the effort to grow, don't cut off those that provided what you said you needed, a soon as you got it.

Frustrating, but, I did very much enjoy working here!

I worked at Destination Rewards full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is one of my favorite companies that I have ever worked for. This is why: the structure is highly flexible allowing individuals to create a work structure and sometimes a schedule that works best for them. Dress is casual Mon-Fri. Mgmt is highly sensitive to family and/or personal obstacles. There is work/life balance - yes sometimes (1-2 / month) you do work late, but, its the exception not the norm. Social activities are planned and paid for by the company and mid-level employees are highly talented and genuinely nice. Lastly, the employee makeup is neither too sophomoric nor mature. Age ranges run the gamut allowing for a healthy balance of fresh innovation that is tamed by practical wisdom.

Cons

I think DR's greatest Achilles heel is having ineffective leaders in place - this is the root of almost all frustrations noted on this forum. With few exception DR's leaders fail to identify, prioritize and take action on the items that most effect the bottom line, for example, the company does NOT have a CRM or any type of system-based reporting in place. Data integrity is poor at best and processes, when they exist, are often inefficient requiring multiple human resources. If you are accustomed to structure, goals, efficiency or making business decisions based on data and research this environment can be frustrating and exhausting. Bonuses are based on tenure and not performance so I would advise not to wear yourself out as it won't pay off.

Allow mid-level employees to provide bi-annual reviews on the effectiveness of their supervisors and of the perceived value provided by other internal depts. Management - be prepared to really get to know your company.

Beware

I have been working at Destination Rewards full-time

Pros

You don't need experience to get a job here. If they like you, you will be promoted.
    People come in when they feel like and leave when they feel like it, and no one ever says anything.

Cons

If they like you, you will be promoted, even if you don't have experience or know what you are doing. Some department have a terrible environment, especially the buying department. Very cliquey & gossipy. Everyone is out to get you. One is paranoid that everyone is always talking about her. No structure in the entire company and very low morale.

People need goals to strive for and they should be accountable to them. Need to put some disciplines in the company and adhere to them.

Park short term and then quickly move on.

I worked at Destination Rewards full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent benefit program. The company hiring policy does not appear to discriminate in any way.

Cons

There is little to no personal growth. Small company culture that is very high-school click oriented. High employee turnover. Pay scale is extremely low. Does not always follow their own policies. Example is that if an employee leaves the company that employee cannot be re-hired. This policy is in writing but they break the policy when it suits them.

Lack of structure and terrible management

I worked at Destination Rewards full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very casual. You will find employees and executives around the office in shorts and flip flops.
    Relaxed work environment, only good if you don't like to be challenged.
    Fun activities like birthday celebrations every month. Employee cooking contests, auctions, Christmas party.
    Good work-life balance. That being said, no overtime pay

Cons

Poor benefit package. No 401K plan, expensive insurance with very high deductibles.
    No opportunity to grow. People just quit and find better opportunities with other companies.
    They hire management from outside instead of promoting from within, leading to very low employee morale.
    Salaries are very low compared to the same positions in other places. This may be the reason for the high employee turn. You see new people getting hired every week, but the number leaving is higher.
    Because of the entry-level pay, most of the employees in this place have little to none experience which affects the overall company performance.
    Senior management is very hesitant and undecided when making decisions. They will have meetings, make presentations, announce it to the company and just not execute on a project, or just take a year before moving forward with an idea.
    Customer service has 3 agents on the phone dealing with customers, and two supervisors overseeing them.
    Implementing a new process can take several months. Same goes for new clients. It can be years before a new client program goes live. This is probably why they have lost many accounts.

Try to retain valuable employees. Hire experienced employees and pay them what they’re worth - this is less expensive than having to train for the same position every 6 months.