Determined Marketing Reviews

Matthew Jones

1. great career move

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Determined Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company will make sure you are set up for success also its a great opportunity. The work I put in has always paid out and helped me become successful.

Cons

If you have a poor work ethic this is not the job for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

2. Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Determined Marketing

Pros

Tons of growth opportunities and a great working environment.

Cons

I have yet to experience anything bad.

3. Account Manager/Intern

I have been working at Determined Marketing full-time

Pros

Great growth opportunity and fantastic office environment made this job awesome.

Cons

None that I could think of, not for the faint of heart but it will build work ethic that you will carry with you.

Advice to Management

None.

dont listen to review

I worked at Determined Marketing full-time

Pros

they make their employees give the good reviews

Cons

Very Misleading, I applied for a manager role and got offered a sales job trying to sell DIrect TV in sams etc. Then once i finally started realized it was a internship position?! Pyramid scheme to say the most. This is not a job for someone with a college degree. This is only for desperate people who needs a job or someone who has not graduated yet. 8$ an hour smh. then you have to sell some before you can even start getting commission. P.Y.R.A.M.I.D. SCHEME. Good luck to people who stay. You have to first drive to the office then drive maybe 30min-90min to the store you'll be working and stay there for 8 hours. you work 6 days a week. the only way you can work 5 days is if you dont sell that much the past week. because of course they wouldnt be able to cover your base smh.any good luck if you choose to syay there

FAST PACED AMAZING TRAINING!!!

I have been working at Determined Marketing full-time

Pros

Fast paced, exciting, and very effective training! Learn more in one month than an entire year of college! Amazing opportunity to earn income and advance to a management position. Surrounded by enthusiastic and motivated people. No seniority! Everyone has the same opportunity everyday to grow at their own pace. The work put in will reflect the rewards.

Cons

Not for everyone. Hard work is a must! Nothing is given, it has to be earned! Motivated individuals and people with great work ethic will thrive. Everyone else will be left behind.

Advice to Management

Highly encouraged! New opportunities with new clients all the time. Expanding their business is the primary focus and the need for good managers continues to grow everyday.

Determined Marketing Response

Jun 12, 2015 – VP of Human Resources

It's incredibly rewarding to hear such positive feedback. Every part of your review sums up exactly what we're striving for. Thanks for your review!

7. Essentially a pyramid scheme -- don

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Determined Marketing

Pros

There aren't many pros...albeit you do get some very basic outside sales "training", it's very rushed. At least there is a paycheck, assuming they remember to enter you in the payroll system.

Cons

The interview process is a very rushed 3-step and is very vague. The job itself consists of one wearing a "tech expert" Sam's Club uniform and selling directv to passers-by in the store. You'll have more people approaching you asking where something is in the store than about the product you're selling. Most people aren't even interested. There were some incidents of employees literally stealing sales from fellow employees by going back through paperwork and making changes in their favor. Also, the business model is pretty much that of a pyramid scheme, though they take steps so it's "not". Most employees are gullible and uneducated and have no clue they have been sucked into this trap of a dead-end job. PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE BEWARE

Advice to Management

I think my "cons" section said enough.

UNBELIEVABLE!

I have been working at Determined Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am completely blown away by the amount of professionalism shown in this office and company! The CEO and staff welcomed me in to their "family" with open arms! They give everyone equal opportunity, no one is shown favoritism and the opportunity they are offering here is an unbelievable, once in a lifetime offer! The money is here to be made and their scheduling is very flexible.

Cons

The atmosphere is very fun, exciting, encouraging and motivating so if you like quiet and low key, this may not be the place for you!

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing! Keep treating your employees like family! I'm honored to be part of your team! Thank you for the opportunity!

Great support, great atmosphere, great group of people to work with.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Determined Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is very positive every day. They make it a point not to bring negativity to the office. Every day you get to practice some aspect of sales with your manager and talk about what is happening in the field. Your coworkers are supportive and it truly is a team effort. I had guys close sales for me that I had generated rather than swiping them out from under me. It's friendly competition. We pushed each other to succeed but it's certainly not cuto-throat. Your manager is out there with you on the front lines. Every one starts out on the same level and has equal opportunity to work your way up. You make the sales, you get promoted. I got a 2$/hr raise within a few weeks of working there just because I made enough sales.

Cons

It's hard work. You have to learn how to deal with objections and negative people out in the field. Making it to the top isn't as easy as it may seem. You have to really be committed.

Love it!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Determined Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, high energy, lot's of confidence, and made more in one week than working 40+ plus hours at a restaurant in one month! You get what you put into this job! Best job to take because the opportunity here is endless and the chance to be part of the best marketing firm in the country is amazing! Have to bring your "A" game every day and working with this firm makes it great to stay on top! Student Mentality is the key to success!

Cons

There are no cons with this opportunity of a career!

Advice to Management

Keep up the work!

Determined Marketing Response

Dec 31, 2014 – VP of Human Resources

We are so pleased to hear such positive remarks! We take great pride in a fast-paced, energetic, and positive work environment; so, it is very rewarding to read about an employees' extreme ... More

Sales Wasn't for Me

Former Employee - Client Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Client Representative in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Determined Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Earn Experience Fast -Advance Fast -Earn high wage for hard work

Cons

-Rushed training -No "tech training" -Work long odd hours 10-7 weekdays 9 - 6 or 7 on weekends -Lots of driving to work sites

Advice to Management

Good thorough interview process. Give new employees a schedule ASAP!!! I had no schedule my whole first week. Incorporate some tech info in training if you are going to put your employees in shirts labeled "Tech Expert." Develop a document for all employees about the attendance policy and details for who to talk to when they can't make it to work that day.

RSS Feed </> Embed