Detroit Business Consulting Reviews

Reset
3.4
Detroit Business Consulting President Michael Rosenberg
Michael Rosenberg

Pros
  • The company does sales and marketing - I've worked on campaigns for some of the largest companies in the country handling their accounts (in 4 reviews)

• Our office nights are always a blast (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • commission based salary, door to door sales (in 10 reviews)

• You will not make any money here (in 6 reviews)

1. so much opportunity

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to learn everything from sales, marketing, consulting, public speaking, team building, mentality and how to run your own business all at the same time. Everyone is great to work with and everyone has like minded goals. It's such a motivating atmosphere to work in knowing you have support at all times and people that are proven examples of how to be successful.

Cons

You put in a little more hours but it's worth it if you want to be successful at anything you do.

Advice to Management

Keep on motivating and inspiring everyone to see the real potential

2. More Cons than Pros

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time

Pros

-You will get comfortable talking to absolutely anybody. -You will learn how to navigate conversations and try to maneuver business owners in order to drive a sale. -Undeniably driven and motivated individuals will be working with you. -The pay can be absolutely phenomenal as long as you are able to sell.

Cons

-This job will cost you money before you are actually paid. You essentially wait 3 weeks for your first paycheck, and it is usually a terribly low amount once it comes through. Also, you are not compensated for neither food nor gas expenses. They are technically tax deductible, but can be a heavy drain on your cash reserves. -This business will tell you up front that you "WILL" make $300-500 at the entry level. This is technically possible, but is ultimately false as these positions are basically commission only. Fellow colleagues have also admitted to me that they were hooked by the (deceptive) "WILL" for the compensation, as it sounds like there is some sort of base pay included. Make no mistake this is an "eat what you kill" type of business. -"Paid Training" means you make 25% commission if your trainer makes a sale. And I emphasize "if your trainer makes a sale." There exists the very real potential that you will work around 10hrs/day and not get anything for it. -The territory you are assigned basically governs if you will make money or not. If your territory is filled with people who are already customers or already have the product/service you are trying to sell (or are just overwhelmingly stubborn), you will have an increasingly difficult time making money. Some territories also seem inherently better than others. Overall: It could be a very worthwhile job and you could make an exceptional amount of money at it. But if it isn't lucrative for you after the first 3-4 weeks, don't continue on with it. Cut your losses and search for a job with more guaranteed income and means of supporting yourself.

Advice to Management

-Don't lie to potential employees and tell them that they "will" make certain amounts of money when they won't. Emphasize that this is a COMMISSION only job. -Include some sort of base pay program for the first 1-2 weeks for a new hire.

Go in happy, leave happier!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing, outgoing, friendly, comfortable atmosphere and environment with the best of the best people offering so many opportunities for growth and advancement. Never seen success and happiness gaurenteed anywhere else! I love coming to work everyday and can't wait to go back the next day.

Cons

Absolutely nothing to say here. All honesty.

Advice to Management

Be yourself and you will be loved, accepted, and succeed. Work hard, play hard! Stay positive always and keep climbing! It's not a hard thing to maintain and do at DBC.

5. An ok job...

Former Employee - Account Representative in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Troy, MI

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere & People are great.

Cons

Job duties... Also if you like being broke then you will love this job! The compensation is horrible. You make a sale you get paid 3 weeks after the install date which means you won't get paid for one app till a month later because installs are always scheduled a week or 2 down the line. You have to wait on your code to get paid which if you have no issues passing the drug test you will be fine. Also you have no personal life! They expect you to be there from 11:30 till 9 and also participate in the activities after work which you will always have to pay for. Office night=you pay...

Advice to Management

N/a

sales

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting

Pros

great environment, upbeat, playing music people very friendly and helpful plays fun games

Cons

door to door sales money is sole based on commission

7. Not what they want you to believe

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time

Pros

The people are nice and energetic, easy to talk to, and very welcoming and willing to help

Cons

The job that I thought I was interviewing for was not what it turned out to be, very skirty on the details, "business consulting" means door to door sales, that wasn't presented in the interview process

8. DBC is the future of Entrepreneurs

Current Employee - Account Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Detroit Business Consulting creates the most opportunity out of any company I've seen thus far. Between the room for advancement, positive & fun atmosphere, as well as the outgoing, motivated, and driven colleagues, DBC is a management in training program that has it all. The company provides a competitive yet friendly and upbeat ambiance, and provides countless opportunities ranging from traveling across the globe to attending Detroit sports games. The business is extremely rewarding in all aspects and is everything I could have dreamed of and more. It's not everyday you can say you work for a company that is providing you with the opportunity to become an entrepreneur and helping you work towards opening up your own office every step of the way. I am very fortunate and proud to call myself a member of the DBC crew.

Cons

What you put into the business is 110% what you get out of it. It requires work ethic, dedication, and a high student mentality. "Work hard now so you don't have to later."

9. Account Manager

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting

Pros

The only true pro you can gain out of this place is if you stick around long enough to own a pyramid scheme of your own. Otherwise, you're just making your boss money.

Cons

Outside Sales - Door to door Our client was restaurant.com at the time. We went from restaurant to restaurant down the street to get them to sign up for restaurant.com There is no salary - just commission - you are not even reimbursed for gas. They will tell you to just claim it on your taxes. Ha! Anyone can get this job. Why? Because they have nothing to lose when they hire you. They do not pay unless you sell. You might as feel start your own lemonade stand.

Advice to Management

Management is the only ones who benefit from this company. There is no advice to give to you, because there will already be desperate and ignorant people who will take these jobs.

Work Hard Play Hard

Current Employee - Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Troy, MI

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting

Pros

I couldn't be more fortunate than I am to be working with a team of professionals that have my goals in mind as much as their own. A corporate, professional, structured environment where positivity and high energy are the keys to success. Where there is competitive drive between teams and colleagues as well as one on one guidance and support from entry level to management. The creative structure of the company and the self starter attitudes truly create a "sky is the limit" atmosphere that motivates anyone who is given the opportunity to step into a career at DBC.

Cons

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"... If you don't appreciate hard work, dedication and positivity then this isn't for you.

The worst experience ever

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

"Potential" to make a lot of money. The office staff seems nice and friendly. A great opportunity for those who can handle door to door sales. Good music in the office.

Cons

No work/ life balance. Expected to work 6 days a week, 10+ hours a day, and THEN are expected to do group activities afterward. Door to door sales in often dangerous neighborhoods. Completely commission based, if you do not sell anything you make nothing. You have to wait at least 3 weeks before your first paycheck, then it is only $200. Cult like office mentality.

Advice to Management

Stop sending people to bad areas with many abandoned houses expecting them to go door to door. Be upfront about what the business truly is during the interviews. Do not say that it is a management training program, say that it is door to door sales. Provide a training wage for people starting out, a $200 "signing bonus" is not enough for people to live on for their first month of work, not to mention you do not receive a paycheck until 3 weeks after the customer has purchased.

Detroit Business Consulting Response

May 17, 2015 – HR Manager

We are sorry for your experience with us. There must be some confusion because none of this sounds accurate, please contact our HR Department at 248.524.1311 Thanks!

RSS Feed </> Embed