Deutsche Börse Reviews

27 reviews filtered by
3.7
Deutsche Börse CEO and Director Reto Francioni
Reto Francioni

1. Fantastic corporate legal experience for my first summer internship during law school.

Current Intern - Legal Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Intern - Legal Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deutsche Börse as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The projects I worked on were challenging, and my supervisors made themselves available and were more than willing to answer my questions. Despite the fast-paced corporate environment, my co-workers were friendly and approachable. Also, the company made sure to organize company events and outings where you got to know each other outside the workplace.

Cons

My only con was that there were language barriers at times because I don't speak German.

2. Chance for international experience. Friendly work environment.

I have been working at Deutsche Börse full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, opportunity for international exposure. Friendly working conditions. Colleagues are eager to help.

Cons

Little to no chance for advancement especiallyin satelite offices. Little recognition and / or respect for academic growth. Language is an issue at times.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees abilities and recognize the knowledge base your employees bring to the table. Your employees are your greatest asset.

3. Good place to work at

I worked at Deutsche Börse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits, nice co-workers, fast paced environment

Cons

very limited opportunities for advancement

Advice to Management

motivate your employeers by showing them career opportunities and room to grow

5. Internship at DB

Current Employee - Research Intern in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Research Intern in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Deutsche Börse

Pros

Deutsche Borse's offices are in the heart of Canary Wharf (one of London's financial districts) — makes for a great work environment. I built many lasting relationships there ... the work culture is competitive but often friendly.

Cons

The research and marketing department is in a period of transition — so it has not quite reached the level of similar financial firms both in skill and consistency.

Advice to Management

Improve market research.

6. Internship in segment management

Former Employee - Intern in Eschborn (Germany)
    Former Employee - Intern in Eschborn (Germany)

I worked at Deutsche Börse

Pros

The food was good, but there the pros end.

Cons

The work was very monotinic, the only tasks were copy paste and advanced copy paste (vlookup) in excel. Every month I had to do the monthly turnover statistics and the external issuer statistics, the problem with this was, it's not like you create something and then analyse it, you just hat to do predefined steps which actually could be done with a good macro. With macros they had also their problems, for the reason that no one in the department knew how to program or edit a macro they were stricly against this "new tecnology" as well as anything else which was "new". No one explaines you anything beyond the things you need to complete the task, even though you ask quite frequently. Quite often you just sit there and don't know what to do, because the only regular tasks you habe is this statisitcs. I definely do not recommend this internship if you want to learn something during your worktime.

Old fashioned company with good benefits and great work & life balance opportunities

Current Employee - Project Management in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Current Employee - Project Management in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I have been working at Deutsche Börse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, friendly atmosphere, flexible working hours.

Cons

Old processes, no innovation, confused management that does not concentrate on future growth of the company.Wasting of money on useless consultants and employees that prefer talking hours about doing things rather then doing something productive.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and enforce real change. Keep and hire experienced managers with proven success in the filed.

8. Really great job opportunity in a corporate-like environment

Current Employee - Software Developer in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at Deutsche Börse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is great, good work-life balance, flexible hours. Friendly co-workers. A lot of possibility to grow, paid courses. Yearly bonus, a lot of other bonuses (free public transportation, gym passes etc.)

Cons

Leadership can't always explain it's decisions. It's not a challenging job (it may depend on department and project). Corporate.

Advice to Management

The decisions are not explained properly. Leadership of course tried to explain the decisions, but the reasons are not clean enough, a lot of abbreviations.

9. German type, friendly environment

Current Intern - Economic Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Intern - Economic Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Deutsche Börse as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

People are easy to approach with smile
    As an intern, my supervisors are patient to answer any questions
    It is easy to make friends, and you can learn a lot if you have a passion to learn

Cons

Employees needed to be self initiated and the value of the work largely depends on how you interpret it.
    Sometimes the work you do may get boring.

10. Global Management

I worked at Deutsche Börse full-time

Pros

They tend to enter new business area and quickly modify their business model along with the change of the circumstances. They are successfully surviving.

Cons

They have no group strategy and each division expands its activity in different area. In each local each individual division pursues its own purpose and there is no cooperation between them and it makes business partners confused especially out of Europe.
    They manage the global business in European management style over the world. But they are sticking to their own style in some area though it does not work there.

Advice to Management

Build up harmonized global strategy as a whole group.

11. Good employer

I have been working at Deutsche Börse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deutsche Boerse is a good employer who provides a good pay as well as benefits which add up at the end. My personal experience at the company is that the employees are valued and are not treated as a spare part in a machine.

Cons

In the area where I work there are poorly developed processes which are not followed. This I see definetly as an area of improvement for the company. The other downside is that there is no career path or growth specified.

Deutsche Börse Photos

Photo thanks to Flickr.com user Astrid Kopp. Some Rights Reserved.

+ Add Photo