Deutsche Börse

Be The First To
Add Photos

Reto Francioni

Good place to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat benefits, nice co-workers, fast paced environment

Consvery limited opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementmotivate your employeers by showing them career opportunities and room to grow

Chance for international experience. Friendly work environment.

ProsExcellent benefits, opportunity for international exposure. Friendly working conditions. Colleagues are eager to help.

ConsLittle to no chance for advancement especiallyin satelite offices. Little recognition and / or respect for academic growth. Language is an issue at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees abilities and recognize the knowledge base your employees bring to the table. Your employees are your greatest asset.

Intern: great experience, nice people, many insights

Issuer & Primary Market Relations (Former Employee) Eschborn (Germany)

Prosvery friendly and helpful colleagues, interesting tasks with high learning potential from the first day onwards, great intern network with meetings, lunches, etc.

Consthe shorter the internship, the less you can get to know, as many projects require you to learn and study a lot of new things which take some time to understand

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really great job opportunity in a corporate-like environment

Software Developer (Current Employee) Prague (Czech Republic)

ProsThe culture is great, good work-life balance, flexible hours. Friendly co-workers. A lot of possibility to grow, paid courses. Yearly bonus, a lot of other bonuses (free public transportation, gym passes etc.)

ConsLeadership can't always explain it's decisions. It's not a challenging job (it may depend on department and project). Corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe decisions are not explained properly. Leadership of course tried to explain the decisions, but the reasons are not clean enough, a lot of abbreviations.

German type, friendly environment

Economic Analyst (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsPeople are easy to approach with smile
    As an intern, my supervisors are patient to answer any questions
    It is easy to make friends, and you can learn a lot if you have a passion to learn

ConsEmployees needed to be self initiated and the value of the work largely depends on how you interpret it.
    Sometimes the work you do may get boring.

Great social benefit, lots of opportunities to move or change the job internally. People rather stay there than quit.

IT Specialist (Former Employee) Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Pros- Great salary
    - Great social benefit
    - Many internal opportunities
    - Nice office
    - Diverse nationalities
    - Pretty open-minded
    - Flexible working hours

ConsI think people experience things differently. I have met both good people and incredibly mean people. There were messy applications. No trainings. Difficult to get support because everyone is so busy. You need it, don' t you when you are new in a company. Expectations were not feasible to reach but don't worry, I don't think it happens in every team.

Global Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey tend to enter new business area and quickly modify their business model along with the change of the circumstances. They are successfully surviving.

ConsThey have no group strategy and each division expands its activity in different area. In each local each individual division pursues its own purpose and there is no cooperation between them and it makes business partners confused especially out of Europe.
    They manage the global business in European management style over the world. But they are sticking to their own style in some area though it does not work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild up harmonized global strategy as a whole group.

Most exciting and challenging internship

Internship (Current Employee) Eschborn (Germany)

ProsI have learnt many new things. I developed my IT sjills as well as my analytical thinking. The colleagues were very nice and friendly, the atmosphere is great.

ConsSometimes I had more tasks than I could handle. I received very little help in my work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! :)

Good employer

ProsDeutsche Boerse is a good employer who provides a good pay as well as benefits which add up at the end. My personal experience at the company is that the employees are valued and are not treated as a spare part in a machine.

ConsIn the area where I work there are poorly developed processes which are not followed. This I see definetly as an area of improvement for the company. The other downside is that there is no career path or growth specified.

OK company if you want to die at your desk and have no one notice!!!

Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros- Good benefits...food/travel/gym/bonus
    - Some nice colleagues.
    - Get to understand how a stock exchange works from the inside.
    - Got budget for Training...but you have to find it and book it.
    - Good place to come and retire because min effort

Cons- No career progression.
    - No structure in training to develop people especially if you do not come from a finance background.
    - No mentorship, your left to it!

- Everyone wants to get to top so some people will stab you in the back if they can.
    - Everyone has a two sided face on, you will never really get to know your colleagues just the fake version they bring to work every morning.
    - not very innovative in any area apart from saving money.

- Corrupt at all levels so forget about a career unless your good at kissing ass at all levels.
    - If you have an idea....keep it to yourself because they don't like to change or do extra work....you will even get a call from someone asking who authorised you to get feedback and come up with suggestions...Seriously!!!

- Operates like a public sector institute because it used to be owned by the state, thus most people working there have been there for over 20+ years.

- poor salary compared to other financial services even though they make huge profits per head...operates like a pyramid scheme...normal staff get paid peanuts and top management get paid like kings.

- very german centric so instead of hiring local staff or promoting existing staff in their satellite office they rather export a german because its easier for them to manage a german in another country than to have to speak English (PS. English is the official language of the company as it considers itself an international exchange)

Advice to Senior Management- Try doing some work!
    - get HR more involved with employees development
    - pay people according to their skill and what they are bringing to your organisation instead of profiling them into an age/sex etc.
    - Be more transparent with your business strategy...unless you don't have one!
    - career development needs to structured
    - managers need to be managed and supervised by HR...if you have two incompetent managers than they will carry on being incompetent because they looking out for each other.
    - Corruption, too much trust is being left to the managers...Wake up HR!!
    - Train staff before you train your clients....would help if staff know the information before clients!
    - tr

Worked for Deutsche Börse? Contribute to the Community!