Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank Co-Chairmen & CEO Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain

Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain

40 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Constant Change Erases 50% of All Initiative

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsNice vacation package
    Nice people
    Short commute and I love the weather in Florida

Cons"Strategy" changes every 3-6 months so every time you start to make progress they make you change. Very little investment in IT, and it's even worse since the last earnings report!

Advice to Senior ManagementManage client expectations, don't overload people to the point where they are looking to leave at the first opportunity.

Good for your career outlook

Associate - Technology (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat benefits and a positive career outlook in the Jacksonville office. The starting salary isn't bad either, but negotiate up before you start since overtime won't happen.

ConsRecruiters over promise on earnings potential with overtime that is non existant. Transition of work to Jacksonville can be chaos at times.

Awesome company with awesome benefits and great opportunities!!

Associate (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsMedical, dental and vision benefits are great!! 401K, stock purchase plan, all very good. Great flexible work schedules, and the people in my group are what really rocks!!

ConsOnly select groups can work from home, running out of parking and work space.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign people within groups where management can help direct the business.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

Operations Analyst (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsAs a new college graduate, this position is a great first step into the finance industry. I like the people and and the challenges. Over time is allowed if justified.

ConsTraining is hands on and not very organized. I wish they had a two week intensive training program to teach employees what they're really doing instead of waiting weeks or months to figure it out on your own.

Opportunities, but stressful

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsAble to gain alot of experience in a short amount of time. Great benefits, good pay.

ConsLits of stress, seens as though they should have more people to do the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the ratio of work to people, change the promotion process.

Good Benefits are the Only thing keeping me here.

Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe best health benefits at amazingly low costs. 3 Weeks Vacation. Unlimited Sick Days.

ConsI hope most people haven't experienced some of the things I and other co-workers have experienced. Maybe if salaries were based on talent and not who you know, we would't have to deal with so many "bad apples"

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for.

Terribly mismanaged by new management

Senior Analyst (Ops) (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe co-workers that understand the difficulty environment. It is always nice to have good honest people to talk to about the inevitable workplace especially after a team meeting with a manager who is shoving unrealistic metrics down our throats or when they announce that a team member is no longer with the firm.

ConsManagement has unrealistic quality & production standards which creates very frequent firing and quitting of employees. The employee's hard work, dedication or experience doesn't count. Deutsche Bank wants robots, not people. An employee is unable to feel secure as one's work is judged each month. If you made a mistake in the past that will never go away no matter how many positives things you contributed to the company.
    Technology needs to be improved tremendously. E-mail set up for new hires will take months and management will still compare your productivity even when you asserted that you did not have the tools yet to be competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop treating employees like cattle. If you realize there is a issue regarding one of your workers please be clear about it by telling him/her how they can improve and not just have everyone guessing what they did wrong after you have fired them.

Toxic, soul crushing for anyone with the desire to be in real investment banking

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsOK benefits, cost of living in jacksonville is cheap (not an excuse for terrible salaries), short commute time.

ConsThe atmosphere throughout most of the Jacksonville site is toxic. Turnover is very high. The only people that stay for very long are those that have given up on something better, local yocals from UNF or some community college that can't find anything better or the lunatics that have taken over the asylum. The underlying cause as far as I can tell is the complete lack of hiring standards and the poor wage. I've seen several recent hires (these are all college grads mind you, or so i've heard) that cannot spell the simplest of words or even know how to use EXCEL. Almost every single job at DB requires one to use excel for 50% of your day or more. Hiring managers will lie to your face during the interview to make you believe you have a shot a moving up through deligence and hard work. You can personally save the bank hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and you'll be lucky to receive a 3% raise at the end of the year. 3% of 33k is garbage. Seems like almost all the middle management has been promoted into their position because they didn't know how to do any actual work and the company didn't know what else to do with them. Also, if you're one of the unlucky ones you can be placed onto a team that requires you to work 60+ hr a week. Of course you cant be required to work that many hours but good luck at ever getting a promotion without it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more, pay more, pay more. Promote people based on what they actually accomplish and not based how good friends you are or how long they have been working there.

And for the love of god, grow a pair and can the losers that don't contribute anything,

It is a good place to start after graduation from college. Nice people, good company benefits.

Jacksonville, FL

ProsTeamwork is very important, a lot of support from management is given, access to all the information needed to do the job.

ConsHave to stay overtime, stressfull sometimes to balance work/life when you have very young children. The pay is not very attractive.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should promote employees who really have the potential to go to the next level, based not only on past experience, but on their capability of performing the new role

Looks good on resume

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe benefits are really good, especially medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
    Great global environment that prepares you for international careers.
    Challenging work ethics motivate you to be a top performer.

ConsStarting salary very low; about 30k for analyst
    Not recognized for hard work, unless you suck up to upper management
    Opportunities to work in other sites around the world are few, if any.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more money.
    Show employees that you care about them and not just looking good on paper.

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank reviews and ratings in Jacksonville, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deutsche Bank CEO Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank employees.