Deutsche Bank Reviews

• Jacksonville, FL Area
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

All in all it's not too bad, but could be a lot better.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work/Family balance is the best. Most of the people I work with are great.

Cons

Promotions are slim. constant Performance reviews are 100% crap and useless. Managers change so often how can I get a legit review from my manager when it's change 3 times in a year,

Advice to Management

Need to promote more within. Stop restricting currently employees from seeking other positions. Management greatly stifles and frowns on trying to go to another position.

Competitive salaries, tough to grow

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salaries
    Good benefits
    Good lower level work force

Cons

Poor management
    Poor systems
    Long hours
    Management does not listen to employees

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. The operational center point belongs to those employees who work on the day to day. Low level managers seem to have little to no clue on the process. Many hours are spent in meeting with a lot of talk, but action needs to take place.

Nearshore Nightmare

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck and benefits.

Cons

The paycheck and benefits are below market. Terrible place to work for educated or experienced professionals.

Advice to Management

Upper management and HR are the worst.

5. Trade Support

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, entertaining, great work people

Cons

50 hour weeks, always dealing with dumb people

Advice to Management

allow people to grow within the company, provide licenses

Toxic Environment wouldn't go back even as last resort

Former Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not one pro to list ...wish I could convert this into more space for cons

Cons

Everything about DB is a con

Management is absolutely horrible and they do not know the process flows or their employees roles and tasks. Reminds me of a sweat shop, they work you till the point of feeling sick. Minimum 60 hour weeks. Jacksonville location likes to bring VP's in from London and eliminate advancement. They come over here and all they care about is production at your expense. They don't care that you have a life or a family.

AVPs are under qualified and can not help or do anything. In transaction accounting if you ask the management something be ready to get a political I have no idea answer or a wrong answer that you will pay for dearly later.

Managers like to whisper and gossip about employees and even mock and talk badly about them in front of team members. And if someone quits then they trash talk that person continuously. They blame you for leaving and say it's your fault but yet 80% turn over rate in 12 months tells you there is a problem. Human resources is completely useless they know the issues and do nothing.

I could go a week and AVPs and VP's that you sit within 10 feet up and they don't acknowledge you or speak to you unless they need or want something.

Be prepared to do 3-4 person workloads even workloads of higher ranks and not be compensated. I was given a role a pay scale higher with a title change and much more benefits and they told me your getting the job but we can't "promote you" you haven't been here long enough, prove yourself and in 2 years well"promote" you for the role you've been doing.

This place is toxic and they do not care if you quit they trash you and replace you with someone less qualified.

If you think your going to get trained your wrong. You will be given broken procedures if you get any and be expected to self train and be expected to make the procedure 100%

Was told you are aloud to ask questions but you can only ask a specific question one time. If you ask It again your faulted.

My mid year review was to be done by a deadline in person but they ignored it and texted me at home at 8 pm saying please log in and except your review. I can't leave for vacation until you do. VP's don't even right the reviews they let under qualified AVPs do them with no clue as what to write. I could go on for days but I think you get the picture

Advice to Management

Work for you overpaid salary. Get involved and realize there is a major problem in Jacksonville SAS world. It will at some point upset the wrong person and you'll see a lawsuit on your hands. Fix your human resources and make them transparent and trustworthy. Everyone I talk to whether its recruiters or other employers they all laugh when you say I work at DB. And they say can't wait to here your experience....fix your company's integrity.

Just another big bank

Current Contractor - Financial Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Contractor - Financial Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Deutsche Bank as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is descent and the company has documentation for some of its processes.

Cons

Just like any big bank, the expectation of staying late even when you have nothing to do is necessary.

Advice to Management

Make a plan and stick to it. Instead of changing everything on a daily basis.

Growth-oriented but heavily political with no vision

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good growth, learning, global business exposure

Cons

Very poor technology, limited vision from management

Advice to Management

The best way to make money in this business is to actually work towards making money, not saving it.

Employer of last resort. Consider another industry.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to many smart people. Fast computer. Good work from home flexibility. The time off policy, if you can use it, is generous. The resume line is nice too, for now. Very smart people are attracted to the DB brand so you get to work with them for a few months or a year or two before they leave, or until you do.

Cons

Soft compensation. Tough industry. Unsustainable employment strategy. Lack of strategic direction. Ineffective HR. Lack of expertise: blind leading the blind. Confrontational behaviors, occasional bullying due to competitive rating system. (quiet people with alot of talent but who aren't aggressive don't really get much justice out of the bell curve rating scale) Promotions get held up due to HR not knowing what they are doing. Good people getting burned up. Napoleonic politics. Weak training. Long arbitrary hours and not due to actual needs, but usually due to bureaucracy and inefficiency. Weak technology implementation and SDLC.

Advice to Management

Evolve. Mature. Talent will come back and this once great firm could be great again.

10. Youthful environment, lots of work.

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities. International organization that has history of success.
    Good resume builder due to prestige of company
    Leads to versatility and diversity due to scope of positions and work load.
    Work with international divisions. Get to know different cultures and new ways of doing business.

Cons

Not big on training. Very informal training.
    Long working hours due to understaffing.
    The pay is on the lower end of the spectrum.
    Many of the upper level managers are somewhat indifferent and unfriendly.

Do Your Research on this Place!!!!

Former Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any......

Cons

I'm not sure if this is enough space but here it goes.

This was the worst position I've ever had in my life!! It gets me worked up just thinking about it again. For starters let's recap the whole experience. When I began I spent about 2 weeks on the phone with tech support trying to get my computer working with all the necessary programs with no help from managers or colleagues.

I was given the work of 3 people and when I spoke to management about reducing the load due to stress I was told to manage my time better. This comment sent me through the roof. Others on my team always got their one hour lunch and left right at 5. However, I was there many nights after 8p.m. with none of my colleagues around. When determining who should do what on the team someone made a comment about my salary that I was making "Big Bucks" and more senior people than me were overlooked in being assigned certain tasks.

The salary wasn't much higher than my previous employer and I was actually making more money at my previous employer, but thought this would be a better opportunity but I was completely wrong. I felt like a fish out of water from day one and when I started getting the hang of things my tasks were increased substantially to make me fail.

Advice to Management

Actually care instead of just doing things that hr tells you do to. Don't make sarcastic comments to employees near the bathrooms or anywhere in the building. It's completely unprofessional and DON'T HARASS PEOPLE FOR USING A SICK DAY AND CALL THEM LIARS WHEN THEY RETURN!!!!!!!!!

You have a role in setting the culture and this is the worst culture I've ever been around not to mention work/life balance.

Snapping your fingers at employees to finish their work faster doesn't increase productivity, we're not dogs and deserve respect. Hire some more people if you want more done. Pretty sure 60 plus hour weeks aren't normal at most companies year round. Some of us have families and kids.

Showing 73 of 1,583 reviews