Deutsche Bank

3.2
1,269 Reviews

Deutsche Bank Co-Chairmen & CEO Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain
Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and a global footprint help one explore the corners of the world (in 109 reviews)

• Change is the only constant - a highly dynamic work environment (in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance; morale could go down at times (in 47 reviews)

• a culture of long hours where they aren't required (in 63 reviews)

More Highlights

Toxic Environment wouldn't go back even as last resort

Former Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not one pro to list ...wish I could convert this into more space for cons

Cons

Everything about DB is a con

Management is absolutely horrible and they do not know the process flows or their employees roles and tasks. Reminds me of a sweat shop, they work you till the point of feeling sick. Minimum 60 hour weeks. Jacksonville location likes to bring VP's in from London and eliminate advancement. They come over here and all they care about is production at your expense. They don't care that you have a life or a family.

AVPs are under qualified and can not help or do anything. In transaction accounting if you ask the management something be ready to get a political I have no idea answer or a wrong answer that you will pay for dearly later.

Managers like to whisper and gossip about employees and even mock and talk badly about them in front of team members. And if someone quits then they trash talk that person continuously. They blame you for leaving and say it's your fault but yet 80% turn over rate in 12 months tells you there is a problem. Human resources is completely useless they know the issues and do nothing.

I could go a week and AVPs and VP's that you sit within 10 feet up and they don't acknowledge you or speak to you unless they need or want something.

Be prepared to do 3-4 person workloads even workloads of higher ranks and not be compensated. I was given a role a pay scale higher with a title change and much more benefits and they told me your getting the job but we can't "promote you" you haven't been here long enough, prove yourself and in 2 years well"promote" you for the role you've been doing.

This place is toxic and they do not care if you quit they trash you and replace you with someone less qualified.

If you think your going to get trained your wrong. You will be given broken procedures if you get any and be expected to self train and be expected to make the procedure 100%

Was told you are aloud to ask questions but you can only ask a specific question one time. If you ask It again your faulted.

My mid year review was to be done by a deadline in person but they ignored it and texted me at home at 8 pm saying please log in and except your review. I can't leave for vacation until you do. VP's don't even right the reviews they let under qualified AVPs do them with no clue as what to write. I could go on for days but I think you get the picture

Work for you overpaid salary. Get involved and realize there is a major problem in Jacksonville SAS world. It will at some point upset the wrong person and you'll see a lawsuit on your hands. Fix your human resources and make them transparent and trustworthy. Everyone I talk to whether its recruiters or other employers they all laugh when you say I work at DB. And they say can't wait to here your experience....fix your company's integrity.

DeAWM is represented and led by the best in the business.

Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are wanting to stretch and grow and realize your potential, DB is an excellent platform to go after it. Salary. Pension. Bonus. Stock Options and value for balance is important.

Cons

I have not seen cons. I am an eternal optimist and want the chance to be all I can become. DB is an excellent company.

Worked on a project. work was challenging but too many heads not pulling together caused difficulties.

Former Employee - IT Migration Team Lead in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Migration Team Lead in New York, NY

I worked at Deutsche Bank as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The culture there is fine and the people were amiable. Typical banking environment - hectic and pressurized, especially trading floor. Nice corporate perks and good location. Was able to expand knowledge and given an opportunity to grow beyond my original parameters.

Cons

long hours; at times unrealistic expectations; overly complex procedures just to perform daily necessary tasks.

Excellent work environment

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Deutsche bank practice equal opportunity in true sense.

Cons

Some of system architecture and processes are not best in class. However over last couple of years we have seen significant improvement and Deutsche bank is moving in the right direction

Just another big bank

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Deutsche Bank as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is descent and the company has documentation for some of its processes.

Cons

Just like any big bank, the expectation of staying late even when you have nothing to do is necessary.

Make a plan and stick to it. Instead of changing everything on a daily basis.

Employer of last resort. Consider another industry.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to many smart people. Fast computer. Good work from home flexibility. The time off policy, if you can use it, is generous. The resume line is nice too, for now. Very smart people are attracted to the DB brand so you get to work with them for a few months or a year or two before they leave, or until you do.

Cons

Soft compensation. Tough industry. Unsustainable employment strategy. Lack of strategic direction. Ineffective HR. Lack of expertise: blind leading the blind. Confrontational behaviors, occasional bullying due to competitive rating system. (quiet people with alot of talent but who aren't aggressive don't really get much justice out of the bell curve rating scale) Promotions get held up due to HR not knowing what they are doing. Good people getting burned up. Napoleonic politics. Weak training. Long arbitrary hours and not due to actual needs, but usually due to bureaucracy and inefficiency. Weak technology implementation and SDLC.

Evolve. Mature. Talent will come back and this once great firm could be great again.

Lacks direction and employee recognition

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent comp package. Generous holiday benefits. In spite of its infrastructure challenges still very profitable. Generally very good people globally.

Cons

Changes its direction year over year, outright lack of modern efficient technology. Very difficult to get promoted even for top talent. Sad to see such a great franchise so mismanaged. Great place to work if you are in Germany.

Stability, management changes more than many people change their under garments! Recognize your top talent.

Used to have a direction but that has now gone

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cary, NC

I have been working at Deutsche Bank (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits package is good. People are great.

Cons

We originally joined to build a 'software company' which was what the CIO told us we would be. A reorganization in 2013 killed that and now we are a low cost maintenance factory. The good leaders who cared have left this year and the middle managers that remain are mostly concerned with politics and empire building. Local staff have no authority. Most control is from London or New York. Work is mostly maintenance or *legacy* development. This place used to be interesting but it isn't any more. Most people I know are looking for another job, but stay because the pay is good.

Show some interest in the center. Give people in Cary responsibility as was originally planned and promised.

Growth-oriented but heavily political with no vision

Current Employee - Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good growth, learning, global business exposure

Cons

Very poor technology, limited vision from management

The best way to make money in this business is to actually work towards making money, not saving it.

Lean times

I have been working at Deutsche Bank

Pros

Good people to work with, high entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Lean times have kept an intense scrutiny on cost.