Deutsche Post
www.dp-dhl.com Bonn, Germany 5000+ Employees

Deutsche Post Reviews

Deutsche Post – Bonn – “Headquarter”

Deutsche Post Chairman, Board of Management and CEO Frank Appel

Frank Appel

great experience for management consulting career

Consultant (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Deutsche Post

ProsInternational/global projects, highly intelligent and capably coworkers and management, strong teamwork and family culture, and a lot of exposure to upper management

ConsBelow average compensation and internal consulting limits the types of industries to work on

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter compensation package and better perks since IC needs to compete for talent among the bigger consulting firms

Global company, many opportunities, interesting projects.

I have been working at Deutsche Post full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDeutsche Post DHL is a truly global company operating in almost every country,
We work with colleagues of every nationality.
Due to the size of the company, there are many internal career opportunities.

ConsMany executive opportunities are located in Bonn
Change can be slow

Advice to Senior ManagementGive equal opportunities and treatment to non-German based colleagues.
Be more dynamic in identifying and solving internal problems - you need to break an egg to make an omelet.

Good working environment and quality of life

Auditor (Current Employee)
Bonn (Germany)

I have been working at Deutsche Post full-time for more than a year

ProsStable working environment, nice offices, logical working hours. Good colleagues and huge organization with a lot of learning opportunities.

Conslow salaries compared do the standard for that position in germany. Without being German difficult to grow within the companya

Great place to start your career if you speak German

HR- Marketing Department Trainee (Former Employee)
Bonn (Germany)

I worked at Deutsche Post full-time for more than a year

ProsStructured hiring process
Good learning opportunities
Great HQ office (Bonn Tower)
Great salary + benefits package

Consvery 'German' environment
many older employees who don't care much about updating their skills but still get promoted because of 'seniority'

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain young talents! Don't be cheap on learning opportunities for new hires.
Invest in older employees' training! they should also be reviewed on 'fit-to-position' basis and not just promoted because of years within the company
encourage DP-DHL transfers and diversify German corporate environment

Senior IT Expert on Innovation Topics

Senior Expert (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deutsche Post full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- Good working atmosphere
- Felxible Working Times
- Very good organized company
- Job Safety
- Good internal career opportunities
- Exciting projects combined with freedom of choice
- You can make strong international career experience / work together with people from different cultures
- Top Management is authentic and has very ambitious plans to be employer of choice.

Cons- Hierarchy, which sometimes leads to long decision times. Window of opportunity could be closed until you get a management decisssion to realize an idea.
- A lot of powerpoint stuff to do, to convince the mangement and internal stakeholders.
- Decisions on projects are mostly figure driven only, for e.g. based on Busines Case or Market Research (strong analytical approach vs. constructive/creative/opportunity driven approach).
- Be aware of politics!

Advice to Senior Management- Use less powerpoint.
- Get more agile! Be more risky on your descissions to make projects a success (safety orientied vs. opportunity driven) and get a faster time to market.

It is a very big company, so you need to deal with the complexity

Senior Expert (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deutsche Post full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are a lot of types of jobs, depending on the area can also be very interesting projects. Learning curve can be accelerated depending on the area.

ConsIt is a very complex environment, sometimes it might be too much governance focus. Not all colleagues are at the same level, so sometimes need to cover also for the ones which are less professional. Leadership culture not well developed. Not so good management processes

Advice to Senior ManagementTo focus more on people and managing people, than managing politics. To leave aside the relation culture and to really discover the talents in the company and promote them.

Project Management Account Management , Research, Training

I have been working at Deutsche Post full-time

ProsInternational environment, Interesting and intensive work. Variety of Challenges.

ConsWorking in a huge corporation might make the processes a bit slower. I

DHL IT Services is corporation not IT company.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at Deutsche Post

ProsIt is in Prague, nice buildings, close to underground station. Complex environment. Huge projects and large service catalog of services they provided to customers.

ConsIt is mostly not about the work itself but about friends and friends of friends. It is corporation not IT company.

Positive - a complex company which grew rapidly through acquisition so lots of opportunity to help bring things together

Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at Deutsche Post

ProsOpportunity to work on interesting things that aren't 'set in stone' yet - you can bring creativity to new things! Open to new ideas.

ConsHistory brings a bit of bureaucratic tendency.... the heart of the company is the German post office which brings a long tradition of success through time-tested efficiency... you can get a letter anywhere in Germany in a day... so this 'success' brings some inflexibility when looking at a global company. The company business divisions also have a very federated model and in some cases a bit more central direction would be helpful!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on integrating the divisions - especially opening up clearer career paths. The work going on to make this happen is incredibly important!

Senior Consultant at DP-DHL Inhouse Consulting

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deutsche Post

ProsLocation, interesting project work, work life balance, compensation, international scope, colleagues, consulting internal clients, international staff, large and relevant training opportunities

ConsDifficult transition to industry jobs, compensation raises are on a less steeper slope when compared to other external consultancy firms, limited paid vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should do a better job retaining high performers and offering them an accelerated path to top positions, also vacation times are not in line with other consultancy firms.

Worked for Deutsche Post? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Post reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deutsche Post CEO Frank Appel. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Post employees.