Deutsche Securities (japan) Reviews

2.7
Deutsche Securities (japan) President, CEO, and Director David Hatt
David Hatt
1 Rating

1. Great team with strong cross discipline collaboration. But it is, like many others, a broken European bank.

Former Employee - Vice President in Tokyo (Japan)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at Deutsche Securities (japan) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team members, good global networking opportunities, and strong franchise in most asset classes.

Cons

As it is a broken Euro bank, there is an outsized focus on cost control--every dollar you make for the firm will disappear into a Frankfurt black hole, never to be discussed again. And, as the Japan market is seen internally as a necessary evil, the local managers are the worst sort of shortsighted 'yes men'.

Advice to Management

Try your hand at used car sales. Please.

2. Great experience in a good way and bad way.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Pros

Can take advantage of its strengths in Europe and Emerging Markets for providing advisory services to the clients.

Cons

Markets side is too strong and influential for investment banking actovities and very political.

3. Over time, very japanese domestic, just following global decisions

Current Employee - Associate, Operations in Tokyo (Japan)
    Current Employee - Associate, Operations in Tokyo (Japan)

Pros

Lots of intelligent people with good character outside of work ( although unfortunately get togethers outside of work were very very rare).

Cons

Lots of overtime. 7:30AM- 11PM Under staffed due to off shore project with minimum enhancement changes done onshore. Global decisions are absolute, changes occurs without not really put in consideration about oversea subsidaries. We were uanble to have a work/life balance. Only work, work, work. Impossible to leave work before 7PM for any private reasons.

Advice to Management

We need a stronger leader who will hear our voices. We complained to the MD weekly but our voices were ignored. Promises were broken and as a result 5 out of 6 people left our team.

RSS Feed </> Embed