Dew Software Reviews

Suresh Deopura

1. Great company to work

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Fremont, CA

Pros

This is one of the best consulting company, through them I got opportunity to work on with big client. I never had issues with H1 transfer or pay checks. Nice and very supportive team. I can always reach anyone in the company include CEO and share my concerns, issues.

Cons

No negative review as I never faced any issue with them.

2. Sr. Software engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Pros

Great company to contract for. I have positive experience with working Dew HR and Recruitment team. They really helped me a lot with Benefits and working with client.

Cons

I have no complaints regarding the company.

3. Great Experience working with Dew!!!

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Milpitas, CA

Pros

Awesome company to work for...easy onboarding process, made sure I was able to be compensated fairly ;-) would recommend to anyone seeking a foot in the door opportunity. I was converted after a few months with Lumentum/JDSU.

Cons

I would suggest having some type of benefit perk (ie, holiday pay)

By far the most cunning employer I have seen in my experience! Stay away

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had my good days, but once the management's true colors started showing everything went down the drain

Cons

1) Management does not genuinely care for employees: they send chocolates during the holiday season or invite for parties, but the bottom line is that they see dollars on your forehead 2) Management makes new policies and actions it out without informing employees. When the event has occurred if you reach out to them they will say that starting this month this is the policy. 3) They think and act like Dew Software is the only company that can give you a job and the President is the God who gives you that job. If you talk to them about something, the management will say 'that person said i should not give you a job, but I still did'. If you ask 'that person' they will say i did not say. Somebody else wrote that they will talk behind your back, that is 100% true. I was having trouble coping with one client because of hectic work and they made a laughing stock out of me among internal employees. And then end of the year they send chocolates. what's the use? 4) They compensate managers in cash or kind and then act like they own those managers and the employees who work under them. they will use that as reason to threaten you and keep you like a slave 5) Pathetic benefits and employer contribution to health insurance.

Advice to Management

Change your practices, genuinely care for employees. stop having deals with managers it is illegal

One of the best consulting company, all negative remarks are manipulated by folks who were caught red handed for stealin

Current Employee - Release Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Release Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DEW SOFTWARE is a very decent company with good projects with congenial staff. All are very co-operative and always go extra mile to help us. It's like a family. You can talk and meet president after hours, week end etc. Provide lots of training to advance your career growth. There is a campaign by the ex-employee from office asking us to write bad review about the company. They are threatening also so some people may fall prey to them and may write bad reviews. But, you should keep focus to take care of employees with better technology/projects.

Cons

Should hire only reliable people in the office as some people who left has done lots of damage to the company.

Advice to Management

Keep same principle and practice.

Started okay, but the last few months have been quite bad. Not sure if I will last a whole year with this company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Dew Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not worth mentioning a single word in this section. I am already looking out for opportunities. I don't understand how somebody can stick with this employer for more than 6 months

Cons

I joined in spite of there being many negative reviews. I needed a job as I had been out of project for 2 months, so I agreed to join them. Everything seemed awesome initially but things started turning sour soon and the real face of the management started to show. 1) Salary not the same as what was promised 2) No official offer letter for the actual salary that you are getting paid. Offer letter only for the LCA salary value 3) Communication is horrible. You rarely get a response for your first email. 4) Management has monetary relationship with managers. They think because of that the manager is in their pocket and that they have more power and they talk to you very badly and threaten to replace you in no time. They do not respect you for your skills and instead use phrases like "any fool can do your job". Then does that make the company owner/President, the Leader of Fools? 5) If you argue, your access to paystubs will be removed and then you will not be able to transfer your visa to somebody else or you will be threatened with terms like deportation, revoking of the visa, removal from the project etc. 6) Mean and greedy management. They think that if they throw money everybody should dance to their tunes

Advice to Management

Treat human beings with Respect not as servant. Every person who has been charged with some offence always puts the blame on somebody else. They never accept that they are guilty. You writing that somebody wants to malign your reputation is not going to help. People obviously know the truth. They are smart and not foolish like you often say and think they are.

Employer Harasses a lot, no confidentiality, President will openly share information about one employee to another

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Dew Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gave me a good project initially.

Cons

1) Initially agreed to do my H1B, after it got approved, owner asked me to pay for the H1 and he wanted me to pay in cash 2) I was made to pay for my own ticket to come to US 3) Management promised me one salary when I was in India and changed the offer letter to $20k lesser after I came here. I sent a request to Department of Labor about this and they agreed to investigate. I have emails showing this difference. 4) When I left after working for 10 months, company owner called and threatened to deport me saying that he knows the Congressman very well and that he has deported many other people before me. 5) President will share all personal details except SSN, to other employees. What situation you are going through, what personal problems you have everything. Even if you have good track record, he will tell to everybody that you were not doing good, that you had lot of complaints etc. But still he give you job, Very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening employees, we are not your slaves. One day your greed and pride will kill the company

Dec 4, 2014 – President

I did not have any employee who came on H1 to San Antonio. We never charge for H1. We are one of the best pay master who takes pride in timely and accurately payment to our consultants. These are ... More

good to start but marketing team not good, also management speaks very rashly

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My project with Dew Software for 14 months gave me good experience, got opportunity to work with good brand name client

Cons

one month before my project was ending, the marketing team said that they were marketing me. But I did not receive a single call for a whole month. Then I got a call from the company owner saying I cannot pay you on bench for long time on H1, you have to get project quickly. He asked me to make my experience level to 7 years when i only had 2 years experience. I told him that in 1 month your marketing team not got me any call, what I can do. He said with 2 year experience you cannot expect to get a job, you were lucky in first project. When I argued he spoke very rashly to me, did not see that I am a lady. He even threatened to revoke my H1. Then my one friend suggested that i put my resume on the job board. In 3 days I got interview and I moved out of company. Then he called me and said i have overpaid you and that i should give back money in cash like another reviewer wrote.

Advice to Management

Learn to talk properly to everybody, especially ladies. Don't make employee create fake profile

Bad company, bad practices, management threatens employees

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish I could write even half pro

Cons

I thank my stars that I was here for less than a year. Management and especially owner/President is dictater. I finished 1 project with him, for next project When I ask him to be genuine in doing 75-25 split and ask him for bill rate, he told me that he can replace me in no time and that I should not ask like that. Then I find my own project and resigned, he called me and threatened to deport me and that he knows Congressman and that he will write to USCIS to throw me out of the country. I don't know how he is doing business for so many years.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening your employees, Congressman does not work for you. If Congressman gets to know how you are using his name, he will close down your company.

Nov 29, 2014 – President

Bill rate, 75-25 is that a standard in the industry to apply for each and every case. This is United states of America where law supersede anyone's clout. You are so frustrated that you want to ... More

Okay pay, very political environment, terrible communication and practices

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent opportunities, okay pay. pros are largely outnumbered by the cons

Cons

1) Very political company, you have to flatter the President to succeed in the company. The President's comments about people taking away his business is all NONSENSE. Some clients and employees got to know of the President's unethical practices and genuine feedback on Glassdoor and wanted to distance themselves from Dew Software and requested to work with the management team that moved out. They were ethical, friendly, approachable and genuinely cared for us employees. It is only fair to say that they took what business did not belong at Dew Software. The world over, everybody knows that Sales Executives take their customers with them. Customers always get sold on individuals and not to companies. If the President thinks they took away HIS business, he is just being kiddish and does not understand how the industry works. He expects people to do any crap if he just throws money. 2) The Management is not at all transparent on the rates. I recently resigned because I got to know that what was promised to me as a 75-25 split was not actually true. The President was paying my manager from the bill rate and underquoted the bill rate to me. The difference was about $12. Meaning I could have maybe another $18,000 to my salary if he had been truthful to me. It is because of these kind of practices that the previous management began to shield the relationships (employees and clients) that they brought in. In fact the truth of the matter is that now, many employees like myself have begun to realize that the company has no vision or genuine care and are beginning to move out of the company with better companies that care for their people. 3) Most employees are here only because of fear that the company will mess with their visas or they have money remaining to be paid. 4) Funny Salary Structure: You will be promised a salary but you will get something else in the offer letter. The difference comes to you as a bonus every quarter and is maintained in excel spreadhseets which only the President has access to. What he says is the wholesome truth. If you ask about this salary structure, you will hear from them that this is how all H1B companies work and it is for our good that we only receive an offer letter for the LCA salary. All the calculations on that spreadhseet are wrong. In this manner, the management paid me $6000 lesser than what I was supposed to get. That was my parting gift to the Dew Software charity fund! I stuck on for 3 years only because the management did not give me my I140 copy, they said it is company property which is right, but every company out there gives it on trust. I was waiting for a good opportunity and an employer who can quickly file my GC. i found one and I am happy that I took the risk and got out of this company. If you are a prospective employee and are looking for companies to do you H1B, GC etc, do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company or from Worldscape which is also their company.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics and Integrity. Ethically build your company and not place people by having deals with managers.

Nov 29, 2014 – President

1. First of all, I have introduced the client and given the responsibility to manage. I was paying handsome salary to them. They were working for Money and whatever they work it's company property ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed