Dew Software

Updated December 24, 2014
2.1

Dew Software President & CEO Suresh Deopura
Suresh Deopura

By far the most cunning employer I have seen in my experience! Stay away

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had my good days, but once the management's true colors started showing everything went down the drain

Cons

1) Management does not genuinely care for employees: they send chocolates during the holiday season or invite for parties, but the bottom line is that they see dollars on your forehead
    2) Management makes new policies and actions it out without informing employees. When the event has occurred if you reach out to them they will say that starting this month this is the policy.
    3) They think and act like Dew Software is the only company that can give you a job and the President is the God who gives you that job. If you talk to them about something, the management will say 'that person said i should not give you a job, but I still did'. If you ask 'that person' they will say i did not say. Somebody else wrote that they will talk behind your back, that is 100% true. I was having trouble coping with one client because of hectic work and they made a laughing stock out of me among internal employees. And then end of the year they send chocolates. what's the use?
    4) They compensate managers in cash or kind and then act like they own those managers and the employees who work under them. they will use that as reason to threaten you and keep you like a slave
    5) Pathetic benefits and employer contribution to health insurance.

Change your practices, genuinely care for employees. stop having deals with managers it is illegal

Started okay, but the last few months have been quite bad. Not sure if I will last a whole year with this company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Dew Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

not worth mentioning a single word in this section. I am already looking out for opportunities. I don't understand how somebody can stick with this employer for more than 6 months

Cons

I joined in spite of there being many negative reviews. I needed a job as I had been out of project for 2 months, so I agreed to join them. Everything seemed awesome initially but things started turning sour soon and the real face of the management started to show.

1) Salary not the same as what was promised
    2) No official offer letter for the actual salary that you are getting paid. Offer letter only for the LCA salary value
    3) Communication is horrible. You rarely get a response for your first email.
    4) Management has monetary relationship with managers. They think because of that the manager is in their pocket and that they have more power and they talk to you very badly and threaten to replace you in no time. They do not respect you for your skills and instead use phrases like "any fool can do your job". Then does that make the company owner/President, the Leader of Fools?
    5) If you argue, your access to paystubs will be removed and then you will not be able to transfer your visa to somebody else or you will be threatened with terms like deportation, revoking of the visa, removal from the project etc.
    6) Mean and greedy management. They think that if they throw money everybody should dance to their tunes

Treat human beings with Respect not as servant. Every person who has been charged with some offence always puts the blame on somebody else. They never accept that they are guilty. You writing that somebody wants to malign your reputation is not going to help. People obviously know the truth. They are smart and not foolish like you often say and think they are.

Employer Harasses a lot, no confidentiality, President will openly share information about one employee to another

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Dew Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Gave me a good project initially.

Cons

1) Initially agreed to do my H1B, after it got approved, owner asked me to pay for the H1 and he wanted me to pay in cash
    2) I was made to pay for my own ticket to come to US
    3) Management promised me one salary when I was in India and changed the offer letter to $20k lesser after I came here. I sent a request to Department of Labor about this and they agreed to investigate. I have emails showing this difference.
    4) When I left after working for 10 months, company owner called and threatened to deport me saying that he knows the Congressman very well and that he has deported many other people before me.
    5) President will share all personal details except SSN, to other employees. What situation you are going through, what personal problems you have everything. Even if you have good track record, he will tell to everybody that you were not doing good, that you had lot of complaints etc. But still he give you job, Very unprofessional.

Stop threatening employees, we are not your slaves. One day your greed and pride will kill the company

Dec 4, 2014President

I did not have any employee who came on H1 to San Antonio. We never charge for H1. We are one of the best pay master who takes pride in timely and accurately payment to our consultants.

These are

Fake Resume or get out

Former Employee - Mobile Developer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Mobile Developer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Doesn't apply to this company

Cons

Bait and Switch. They've a marketing front end which is all glossy and sweet talk. But the moment you sign the documents to be part of their training and pay up, you can see 180 degree turn around in their attitude. After training, you are "handed" a resume and coached on how to "defend" it.

Advice? Greed is blinding.

Nov 29, 2014President

All trained people were hired by the industry leaders who were the coach for this course. There is NO need of faking resume like you do. I think you have written about what you are doing. We are ... More

Bad company, bad practices, management threatens employees

I worked at Dew Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I wish I could write even half pro

Cons

I thank my stars that I was here for less than a year. Management and especially owner/President is dictater. I finished 1 project with him, for next project When I ask him to be genuine in doing 75-25 split and ask him for bill rate, he told me that he can replace me in no time and that I should not ask like that.
    Then I find my own project and resigned, he called me and threatened to deport me and that he knows Congressman and that he will write to USCIS to throw me out of the country. I don't know how he is doing business for so many years.

Stop threatening your employees, Congressman does not work for you. If Congressman gets to know how you are using his name, he will close down your company.

Nov 29, 2014President

Bill rate, 75-25 is that a standard in the industry to apply for each and every case.
    This is United states of America where law supersede anyone's clout. You are so frustrated that you want to
    ... More

Okay pay, very political environment, terrible communication and practices

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent opportunities, okay pay. pros are largely outnumbered by the cons

Cons

1) Very political company, you have to flatter the President to succeed in the company. The President's comments about people taking away his business is all NONSENSE. Some clients and employees got to know of the President's unethical practices and genuine feedback on Glassdoor and wanted to distance themselves from Dew Software and requested to work with the management team that moved out. They were ethical, friendly, approachable and genuinely cared for us employees. It is only fair to say that they took what business did not belong at Dew Software. The world over, everybody knows that Sales Executives take their customers with them. Customers always get sold on individuals and not to companies. If the President thinks they took away HIS business, he is just being kiddish and does not understand how the industry works. He expects people to do any crap if he just throws money.

2) The Management is not at all transparent on the rates. I recently resigned because I got to know that what was promised to me as a 75-25 split was not actually true. The President was paying my manager from the bill rate and underquoted the bill rate to me. The difference was about $12. Meaning I could have maybe another $18,000 to my salary if he had been truthful to me. It is because of these kind of practices that the previous management began to shield the relationships (employees and clients) that they brought in. In fact the truth of the matter is that now, many employees like myself have begun to realize that the company has no vision or genuine care and are beginning to move out of the company with better companies that care for their people.

3) Most employees are here only because of fear that the company will mess with their visas or they have money remaining to be paid.

4) Funny Salary Structure: You will be promised a salary but you will get something else in the offer letter. The difference comes to you as a bonus every quarter and is maintained in excel spreadhseets which only the President has access to. What he says is the wholesome truth. If you ask about this salary structure, you will hear from them that this is how all H1B companies work and it is for our good that we only receive an offer letter for the LCA salary. All the calculations on that spreadhseet are wrong. In this manner, the management paid me $6000 lesser than what I was supposed to get. That was my parting gift to the Dew Software charity fund! I stuck on for 3 years only because the management did not give me my I140 copy, they said it is company property which is right, but every company out there gives it on trust. I was waiting for a good opportunity and an employer who can quickly file my GC. i found one and I am happy that I took the risk and got out of this company.

If you are a prospective employee and are looking for companies to do you H1B, GC etc, do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company or from Worldscape which is also their company.

Get some ethics and Integrity. Ethically build your company and not place people by having deals with managers.

Nov 29, 2014President

1. First of all, I have introduced the client and given the responsibility to manage. I was paying handsome salary to them. They were working for Money and whatever they work it's company property ... More

Unethical Employer, does lot of malpractices, promotes slavery culture

I worked at Dew Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One needs to speak in the past tense while addressing the Pros. There used to be friendly management, they used to have good marketing, they used to have good opportunities.

Cons

All their good and productive management team have gone. The company is full of Cons, that's why they have so many Cons. I had worked here for just one project. They are just a bunch of goons. The President expects you to call him by the Suffix 'Ji', meaning respect when he is not worthy of it.

CULTURE: Can be summed up in one word SAD
    Management: There used to be a great management team, but they moved out end of 2013. Since then it has been nothing short of a disaster. In fact the previous management was doing so good, that the current management shamefully, still uses their email ids to correspond to employees thinking that they will be able to retain employees.
    VISION: The President's vision is only to amass as much money from employees as possible and paying out as little as possible.
    PROCESS: There is no process in this company, everything happens and is controlled by one person, the President.
    MARKETING: Hopeless
    COMPENSATION: Head of the company is a miser. Enough said.
    PRACTICES: They boast of doing training and partnerships etc. But at the end of the day, they want you to fake your resume. They bring students from substandard universities and train them in Big Data, Salesforce, IOT and exploit the fact that the industry needs people and the students need a job.
    My wife recently was given training in Android. We paid money for the training, but there were no opportunities. The Management asked her to show 5 years Android apps development experience. When she was reluctant, the President called me and said that if you don't add experience to your resume, you will not get a job. But when we paid for the training they told us that she can get opportunities as a fresher. Their training is only an eyewash. Their syllabus and partnership with Santa Clara University was very inviting, so my wife went and registered without telling them that she was my wife. I thought that we could give it another chance, but no difference. they are still the same company and have the same practices.
    ETHICS & INTEGRITY: By now you must already know. Fill up the Blanks ______.
    OPPORTUNITIES: LOL!!!

If you are ethical, nobody can take your business away from you.

Nov 22, 2014President

First lie is we never ever charged a fee for training from Employee, there spouse, friends and referrals.
    If you are employee, please send the proof that we even charged a single penny from you
    ... More

good to start but marketing team not good, also management speaks very rashly

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My project with Dew Software for 14 months gave me good experience, got opportunity to work with good brand name client

Cons

one month before my project was ending, the marketing team said that they were marketing me. But I did not receive a single call for a whole month. Then I got a call from the company owner saying I cannot pay you on bench for long time on H1, you have to get project quickly. He asked me to make my experience level to 7 years when i only had 2 years experience. I told him that in 1 month your marketing team not got me any call, what I can do. He said with 2 year experience you cannot expect to get a job, you were lucky in first project. When I argued he spoke very rashly to me, did not see that I am a lady. He even threatened to revoke my H1.
    Then my one friend suggested that i put my resume on the job board. In 3 days I got interview and I moved out of company. Then he called me and said i have overpaid you and that i should give back money in cash like another reviewer wrote.

Learn to talk properly to everybody, especially ladies. Don't make employee create fake profile

One of the best consulting company, all negative remarks are manipulated by folks who were caught red handed for stealin

Current Employee - Release Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Release Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Dew Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

DEW SOFTWARE is a very decent company with good projects with congenial staff. All are very co-operative and always go extra mile to help us. It's like a family. You can talk and meet president after hours, week end etc. Provide lots of training to advance your career growth.

There is a campaign by the ex-employee from office asking us to write bad review about the company. They are threatening also so some people may fall prey to them and may write bad reviews. But, you should keep focus to take care of employees with better technology/projects.

Cons

Should hire only reliable people in the office as some people who left has done lots of damage to the company.

Keep same principle and practice.

good clients, Bad company practices, mad President

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

boast of some big names in the industry, good kickstart to career, h1 success rate, but the goodness ends there

Cons

I joined only because one of my friends was a recruiter and referred me here. I had come from a bad experience, so since i got referred here I joined. Things were okay initially, but after the first project, their marketing was quite bad. They could not find me a Project, I marketed myself and got a project and that has been the case for all my projects. A lot of the negative reviews are true. We were almost forced to write positive Glassdoor reviews.
    I have never had an issue with salary or paystubs, but i know people who have had issues. Also the recruiting team asks you to add / fluff up your experience to exactly match the requirements.
    If you send an email to receptionist, President will reply; If you send an email to Accounts, President will reply, If you send an email to HR, President will reply. Basically, The company is a one man show and that man is arrogant and greedy, he will talk anything to you and about you.
    I am glad I found a better opportunity and moved out recently.

Note: Glassdoor is more than welcome to see my Paystubs. Send me an email to the email id in my profile and I can give any proof needed.

Genuinely care for employees, Employees work for you so that your company can run well - respect them

Nov 22, 2014President

This is the exact reply of my comments for LA comments. Again, I donot have anyone who worked at Seattle and resigned when working at Seattle.