Dew Software Reviews

• San Francisco, CA
1.1
Dew Software President & CEO Suresh Deopura
Suresh Deopura

good to start but marketing team not good, also management speaks very rashly

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My project with Dew Software for 14 months gave me good experience, got opportunity to work with good brand name client

Cons

one month before my project was ending, the marketing team said that they were marketing me. But I did not receive a single call for a whole month. Then I got a call from the company owner saying I cannot pay you on bench for long time on H1, you have to get project quickly. He asked me to make my experience level to 7 years when i only had 2 years experience. I told him that in 1 month your marketing team not got me any call, what I can do. He said with 2 year experience you cannot expect to get a job, you were lucky in first project. When I argued he spoke very rashly to me, did not see that I am a lady. He even threatened to revoke my H1.
    Then my one friend suggested that i put my resume on the job board. In 3 days I got interview and I moved out of company. Then he called me and said i have overpaid you and that i should give back money in cash like another reviewer wrote.

Advice to Management

Learn to talk properly to everybody, especially ladies. Don't make employee create fake profile

Okay pay, very political environment, terrible communication and practices

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent opportunities, okay pay. pros are largely outnumbered by the cons

Cons

1) Very political company, you have to flatter the President to succeed in the company. The President's comments about people taking away his business is all NONSENSE. Some clients and employees got to know of the President's unethical practices and genuine feedback on Glassdoor and wanted to distance themselves from Dew Software and requested to work with the management team that moved out. They were ethical, friendly, approachable and genuinely cared for us employees. It is only fair to say that they took what business did not belong at Dew Software. The world over, everybody knows that Sales Executives take their customers with them. Customers always get sold on individuals and not to companies. If the President thinks they took away HIS business, he is just being kiddish and does not understand how the industry works. He expects people to do any crap if he just throws money.

2) The Management is not at all transparent on the rates. I recently resigned because I got to know that what was promised to me as a 75-25 split was not actually true. The President was paying my manager from the bill rate and underquoted the bill rate to me. The difference was about $12. Meaning I could have maybe another $18,000 to my salary if he had been truthful to me. It is because of these kind of practices that the previous management began to shield the relationships (employees and clients) that they brought in. In fact the truth of the matter is that now, many employees like myself have begun to realize that the company has no vision or genuine care and are beginning to move out of the company with better companies that care for their people.

3) Most employees are here only because of fear that the company will mess with their visas or they have money remaining to be paid.

4) Funny Salary Structure: You will be promised a salary but you will get something else in the offer letter. The difference comes to you as a bonus every quarter and is maintained in excel spreadhseets which only the President has access to. What he says is the wholesome truth. If you ask about this salary structure, you will hear from them that this is how all H1B companies work and it is for our good that we only receive an offer letter for the LCA salary. All the calculations on that spreadhseet are wrong. In this manner, the management paid me $6000 lesser than what I was supposed to get. That was my parting gift to the Dew Software charity fund! I stuck on for 3 years only because the management did not give me my I140 copy, they said it is company property which is right, but every company out there gives it on trust. I was waiting for a good opportunity and an employer who can quickly file my GC. i found one and I am happy that I took the risk and got out of this company.

If you are a prospective employee and are looking for companies to do you H1B, GC etc, do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company or from Worldscape which is also their company.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics and Integrity. Ethically build your company and not place people by having deals with managers.

Nov 29, 2014President

1. First of all, I have introduced the client and given the responsibility to manage. I was paying handsome salary to them. They were working for Money and whatever they work it's company property ... More

Worst company to work for. I will not recommend to anyone. this company may close any time for fraud.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here has got no Pro's at all, They are very dishonest in money matters.

Cons

They asked me to fake my resume. I have 6 years experience and the President called me and asked me to make it 10 years. When I asked him about background check, he said "don't worry.. In background checks they will only check criminal history and when it comes to employment verification, you can say you worked at Dew Software India for few years. Our HR will take care of this for you". Liars!!!. I know couple of my friends working in some of their ecommerce clients in San Jose where they faked their background check, paid the manager money and many other things.

They treated me very badly when i tried to fight for my rights. The President told me that if I left Dew Software nobody will give me a job because I am a fool and that any fool can do my job. Within 2 weeks of leaving them, I got a full-time job. In fact they owe me about $8000 but I still moved on because living with Dew was like living with a chameleon. You don't know what color it will change and when.

The Management is so cheap that they sent me among other employees an email asking me to write a positive comment on Glassdoor because many people who moved on were writing the truth that they experienced. When I did not respond, they held my salary. Shame on them. People trust employers like them and try to provide for their families and they eat into your money.

i Can prove this on paper , I have proof of non payment.
    They used to have good people in the Management, they have all moved on. the president and management act as if they are helping, but they only see you as a number. When you go to meet the President, he can never talk to you looking at you in the eye, because he is guilty and lies about the things that he talks to you. He cannot talk one straight sentence because he has no genuine care. His communication is horrible.

If you are in between projects, their marketing is horrible and you have to find projects on your own. Even if you find your own project, the salary will not increase. According to USCIS, a company is not supposed to force employees to find their own projects.

I am sure that the end of this company is near.

Advice to Management

This is a sinking ship, Karma will get you at the end. Don't know how you can sleep peacefully in the night. you mean, money-minded, greedy President!

Oct 24, 2014President

Again, Glassdoor should check authenticity of this review. Since we run the payroll regularly twice a month without fail for last 17 years, We pay FULL salary to bench employees. I don't know how ... More

5. Great Company and CEO

Former Employee - Security Architect in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Security Architect in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly CEO and flexible terms. Ready to help and does maximum to help out who depend on company. Specially when gets into problems with Consulate, stamping, H1 filing etc. Other companies either don;t have docs or scared to provide them but not Dew.

Cons

nothing that i can think of, minor things which are nothing compared to other companies

Oct 24, 2014President

Thanks for your comments.

okay to start, but get out while you can

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent clientele; H1 success, decent reputation at client site

Cons

I worked here for 2+ years.while i did not experience any issues working at the client site through Dew Software, I had issues communicating with the management.
    I must say that the reason i am giving 1 star is because of the management The President of the company to be specific. he has the audacity to come to the client site and say "I can replace you when I want to. I have even deported people". All I did was ask him for a salary hike. Don't expect transparency when it comes to rates. The management will tell you that you can be on a 75-25 split. But soon you will realize that you are only in maybe in a 40-60 split.
    the company was making good profits because of my engagement, but he dared to say something like that. And I am not a fresher. I have over 15 years experience in the industry. The President always says things like, "You are in this job because of me". What he does not mention is that I am in that project because i cleared 5 rounds of interview.
    the moment you retaliate seeking justice, the management will start spreading false rumors about you that you are not a good resource and that you are a liability to the company.
    once you leave the company, the president will send you an email with an excel sheet, with manipulated numbers that will show that the company has overpaid you. Then to avoid the legalities, he will call you and ask you to return the money in cash.
    Somebody said that management expects a master-slave relationship. i would say that the management expects a master-'silenced slave' relationship.

Advice to Management

Be thankful that employees go onsite to make your company famous. don't be arrogant.
    be transparent and honest to the employees, they will stay and also bring more business

Oct 24, 2014President

Come on, hoe 75-25 will become 60-40. All have studied math so no one can manipulate in math. These are false allegation. If there is any error, point it out. you can use calculator, now even ... More

Avoid if possible

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hope I could have written here something.

Cons

Its not a company, family business. Ask for following and you will get to know.
    1. What is employer - employee relationship?
    2. Will I get my W2 if I am in bench?
    3. Who will pay my H1 fee?
    4. What is insurance coverage?

Advice to Management

Have a vision for company, treat well to your employees

Horrible experience

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For freshers, bachelor whose job chance is slim in market.

Cons

Insurance benefit is almost none, No holidays benefit, salary will be delayed. This is even when you are full time employee. No employer employee relationship. You will be thrown into dark. Sometime company asks to pay H1 fee.

Advice to Management

None as there is no real management

May 11, 2014President

We have never delayed salary since it's inception i.e. 17 years. We do not charge for H1 fee. sometimes means? All benefits are clearly mentioned in employment letter as well employee hand book.