Dewberry

Dewberry Reviews in Baltimore, MD

Updated July 13, 2014
Updated July 13, 2014
2.6

Dewberry Dewberry Donald E. Stone, Jr.
Donald E. Stone, Jr.

Pros
  • For the most part they do respect the work-life balance, unless deadlines get in the way (in 4 reviews)

• Entry level employees can gain lots of experience (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You will have no work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

• That pretty much sums up how out of touch upper management is (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sr. PM (Baltimore or Fairfax Offices)

Current Employee - Senior PM in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior PM in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Dewberry full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Apprears to be some flexibility with management staff. How much flexibility is within question.

Cons

Cheap. Employees finance the company. Meaning you pay out of your own pocket first and wait for reimbursement. Management staff should be provided with company credit cards and shouldnt have to temp finance a company of this size. Work life balance is a big issue for this firm as they claim to be staffing up but they arent they are just moving work from office to office hoping that their current staff doesnt quit.

Put in for a job in the Fairfax office but never got interviewed by that office at all...Had an office manager out of Baltimore try to convince me that I needed to be in his office instead. Leadership and knowledge is in question for this firm.

When interviewing management staff be prepared to answer hard questions (no differ than you ask us) if you cant answer our questions then that's a problem for us. At a management stage both sides will be asking questions. If you cant answer questions on percent billability and marketing, how much backlog you have (alot or a little isnt a answer!)- Give it in months), how much staff will be assigned to a PM, is that staff shared ect...thats a red flag! These are easy questions. In addition, don't tell someone your company will handle bringing them in for an interview and not do it or even worse ask them to finance it and tell them you will pay them back. Are you serious?? For a 6 figure salary your firm cant handle travel arrangements?? You wouldn't do this to your clients so dont do this to potential management hires it leaves an awful taste in their mouths. It also tells us other things about your firm such as having your people work on projects in other locations and having to finance their own housing food ect. The last thing any employee should have to do is pay for a mortgage as well as a hotel food and housing in another location and await for reimbursement. Wake up and get a corp card at least for management! Another option is to just ship various disciplines to offices to work on....this is the electronic age. Do you really need to micromange that much? Having been a PM for years I understand wanting to have staff locally to work on the project but unfortunately we can not always have that option. A good PM will have weekly meets and set milepost and internal diverables for his review to make sure things are on schedule and if not assign additional staff to suppliment where there are problems.

Dewberry Photos