Dex One

www.dexone.com

Dex One Reviews in Morrisville, NC

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Peter J. McDonald

Pros
  • Great work/life balance prior to merger (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits, potentially great income, great business building relationships with accounts (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • You have people in their 50's that have only sold yellow pages in their life trying to sell new social media products to businesses (in 21 reviews)

• You cant report anything to upper management or HR because you will be fired (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights
5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good place to work

Digital Editorial Coordinator (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsManagers were fair and knowledgeable. Good, frequent training. Nice, clean office environment with a good, casual-but-professional culture. Excellent business processes, too, with clear pathways to success.

ConsContractors are not hired permanently. Salary is a bit low compared to industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's OK to hire full time employees and invest in them. The ROI will be much greater for your company.

Dex One Response

Jul 21, 2014Reputation Management Coordinator

Thank you very much for taking the time out to post your review and your recommendation is appreciated. Ed

They treat employees like children

Digital Editorial Coordinator (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsContractors get all the time off they want. Why not? No paid time off for contractors. Arcade basketball tournaments taken veeeeery seriously. If you liked being a child, good for you, as you'll be treated like one.

ConsHard to get straight answers from smiling managers regarding career path potential. Duplicitous answers and double-standards. They train you early to manage expectations. Is that for you?

Advice to Senior ManagementBe serious. Be real.

I worked hard and was given rewards for it. Great place to work before technology made negative difference.

National Fulfilment Coordinator (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsDex One is a telephone book publisher and is a very interesting place to work. There is much to learn there they do promote from within.

ConsThe only cons is that technology pushed the telephone book industry out of business. My department closed because of that and the work was shipped to India, What a shame!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has great work ethics.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was unhappy with the extreme reduction in staff.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsDex One was well rounded. They covered the basic needs of an employee. Of course this was mostly before the layoffs, so I am unsure about more recent years.

ConsAdvancement could be difficult. It was not easy to find jobs to grow into. It seemed like you needed to change companies to continue growing. This includes leadership and your job.

Dull management, redundant tasks, keep your head down and be quiet.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsFlexible schedule, easy to balance work and life, you're probably going to be the most attractive person here, no matter who you are.

ConsMind-numbing, unrewarding, and pointless tasks. No room for advancement. Plus there is a real but subtle adult/child dynamic. Employees are urged to not find shortcuts but how else to pass the time?

Advice to Senior ManagementUse employee brain power. Hire people with experience in the real world. Value what people bring. Entrenched management lack imagination. Obviously Mockett is here to appease stock holders. That's a good short term strategy but you're going to lose some good people. You already have.

Worked for Dex One? Contribute to the Community!