Dex One

www.dexone.com

Dex One Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Peter J. McDonald

Pros
  • Great work/life balance prior to merger (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits, potentially great income, great business building relationships with accounts (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • You have people in their 50's that have only sold yellow pages in their life trying to sell new social media products to businesses (in 21 reviews)

• You cant report anything to upper management or HR because you will be fired (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great training

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsGreat training, good opportunity to make money.

ConsNormal stresses of any job

The Dex way should have survived the merger. SPMD would have learned a lot!

Finance Department Employee (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsGreat work/life balance prior to merger

ConsDrastic changes after merger with SPMD

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the Dex One way, if you want your employees to be happy, & in turn, poductive.

Great people, superb training program, limited growth potential.

Premise Marketing Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGreat digital advertising products including SEO, SEM, custom websites and Reputation Mgmt options. Dex offers a great sales training program for it's new employees.

ConsCommission potential for sales consultants is hampered by an outdated print advertising product.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better support system for the sales force so they have more time to spend selling. Marketing Consultants are responsible for handling a significant amount of admin related to their clients.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company recently finalized a merger with a Dallas company and integration procedures are still in process.

Sale Support Administrator (Current Employee) Greenwood Village, CO

ProsThe company offers opportunities for advancement and transfers to other departments.

ConsI am content with the job; however, downsizing continues.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is knowledgeable and available at all times.

It was a positive experience, I had 3 positions there in 16 years.

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsCompetitive Salary and Benefits. Great education benefits too!

ConsDownsizing. Increased work load added each review.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire managers with degrees.

Great company and benefits.

Premise Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsUnlimited potential to make a lot of money. Competive digital suite of products. Good work environment.

ConsHigh expectation to produce results in not very much time. Self reliance in solving any issues or problems. Cutbacks in support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe available to help.

Very good company with very talented people

Account Executive (Current Employee) Kingwood, TX

ProsVery well managed after restructure, well known branding and vast resources. Employee recognition and team building was very good.

ConsA bit behind in the online space compared to industry leaders. This ship is a pretty hard thing to turn on a dime.

Advice to Senior ManagementForget the past, develop new ideas and stop following. Find a edge that is a true value.

Great place to grow a career and make a lot of money!

Sales (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsCareer growth, Earnings $100K++, great products, great people, great benefits, brand recognition in the market, competitive advantages

ConsIt's a hard job, but well worth the effort if you are motivated to make a lot of money.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the innovation on the digital products and go to market strategies. We keep getting stronger in helping local businesses grow as their one stop shop for marketing and media.

Worked for one year...

Client Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsFour weeks of vacation; many incentive days given if hitting numbers

ConsOverall the CSS role is cold calling; they don't tell you this when you are interviewing. Many peers not being ethical and closing deals with promises that cannot be kept. Management is clueless about the pulse of the sales reps. I don't see this company making it much longer.

Company is on balance beam

Quality Analyst (Current Employee) Lone Tree, CO

ProsLearn great skills from the company and it's employees

ConsCompany is unsure of itself which leaves employees uncertain of their career at Dex One

Worked for Dex One? Contribute to the Community!