Dexia

IT Personnel (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHealth Benefits are great
    People are great
    Projects get completed

ConsCompany trying to recover from economic crisis

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior management leading IT has been trying very hard and making great changes. Morale is up as people feel a sense of ownership and commitment and accomplishment!
    IT has been working very hard over the last few years and rolling out lots of great projects by being more efficient and streamlining processes to reduce manual work. Overall the company is heading in the right direction! The company has changed alot in the last few years. No company is perfect but life work balance is unbeatable. Excellent health benefits. Would reccomend to a friend.

Wanted to quit this place after joining there a week

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHealth benefits. That is it. Period.

ConsLack of motivation. Management . This place deserves the recognition as the worst run place.

Advice to Senior ManagementI won't even waste my breath.

Should have bailed one month after joining

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefit package here is quite good. Vacation time is generous, at 4 weeks for AVP, 5 for VP. Other reviews are spot on when they say that the work-life balance is good. Evening or weekend work is almost unheard of.

ConsLack of motivation and initiative among many of the worker bees. No real innovation here. IT organization is completely inept, using technologies long considered out-of-date at any other "real" bank. Typical French politics. if you speak the language, you might advance a bit faster than a non-French speaker.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompletely overhaul inept IT organization by eliminating current management and hiring qualified individuals Stop hiring consultants to do work that can easily be done by internal staff who've been properly trained. Stop wasting money on outsourcing business processes that can be done more easily (and cheaply) in-house. Pay more in salary to attract higher-caliber talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to hang out, but not work nor learn. Pay is way below market so it only attracts the lower performance people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDexia is a place where you can enjoy a good work life balance and good benefits. If you know the right people, you can live there forever.

ConsVery political
    Foreign based so French and Belgian people have the "home" advantage
    Pay is very much below market
    Poor management
    Terrible HR

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause management will always be French and Belgian, talented local people in NY will be promoted only to a certain point and leave the company because there will no longer be any opportunity for growth for them. It's a shame. And, paying low, Dexia keeps attracting people with poor performance record.

Dexia Credit Local NY

Assistant Vice President - Operations (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTerrific benefits and a very strong work-life-balance ingrained in the culture. In very rare occasions are the weeks where most people work more than 40 hours. Additionally, the health insurance benefits are provided by the company. In the world of banking/finance, job security is something most people have in Dexia.

ConsThe compensation is well below the market. Additionally, having an expat Senior Management Team leads to complacency and lack of initiative among native staff. Unfortunately, most of the senior managers are in NY for a five-year assignment and back off to Europe after it's over. This really should change to build a more solid team in all of the branches.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow there to be some risk taking and actually promote Americans to the higher levels in the NY Branch.

Not one for career development

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIdeal workplace for people who just want to receive a pay check at the end of each month without having to exert too much effort as it is no longer a growing business. The general manager, however, tries his best to motivate people.

ConsNo career progression as it is no longer a growing business
    Need to watch out for incompetent 'Judaeic' junior staff who have strong beliefs in their ability, and very strong desire to become the boss based on years of servitude

Unprofessional, insular and rue

International PR Manager (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsIt was based in Paris, which is about he only pro I can consider.

ConsUnless you have a French diploma from a Grand Ecole - don't even bother to apply. Your competencies will never be valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementDare to hire competence and check that people doing international business actually can converse in English. It helps today.

Dexia went bust after all

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsLimited pressure as git it

ConsWent bust did it not

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't go bust please

Lack of relevant expertise, everyone is focused on politics

Analyst (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

ProsLots to do, lots of opportunity to add value.

ConsSenior management is not supportive and does not want change because their status quo is supported by Belgian and French tax payers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on fixing the situation instead of politics.

Stay away from this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsNone the company promotes inefficiency and incompetence rather than the opposite.

ConsCan't say as I'd get their lawyers after me.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in some real managers that dare to make the difficult decisions you need.

Worked for Dexia? Contribute to the Community!