Dexis

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Nac

Great Place to work

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dexis full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHard work will get you noticed and advancement is possible for those who seize the opportunities
The money is great for the area
The schedules and time off process is above industry standard

ConsThe advancement process is a bit stagnated for longer term employees
Need a structure that will rotate Techs off the phones after a number of years
Management should be easy to approach

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be easy to approach and people should not fear their jobs for doing so

awfuk

Pre Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dexis full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGOOD BENEFITS, easy entry-level position, nice people, great schedule,

Consvacation time off must be used for weather days, underpaid employees, management is awful, HR does nothing, compensation structure based on your whether or not your manager makes the sale, no incentives, unattainable quotas, unorganized company, no care for employees, temp to hire is misleading and could be waiting to be hired for 8 - 12 months as a "temp" employee making 10$ an hour until full time. CRM is from 90's and will waste half your day sending emails when you could be selling but theyre too cheap to invest in a new one

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees better and the company will flourish. This is the easiest way to generate revenue. For a company that sells the latest digital "technology" shame on them for not updaing the technology (CRM) they use to generate money.. hypocritical

Need to listen more to the employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dexis full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat group working the calls

ConsNo respect from upper management for those taking the calls

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and do as you say

No room for advancement

I have been working at Dexis

ProsEasy entry-level positions are easy to obtain with little experience. The employees are very friendly.

ConsIn the order processing department you could be working until 1 in the morning during the end of the month/quarter, there are no opportunities for advancement because the company would rather hire outward then within.

Advice to Senior Managementdevelop a plan for employees that want to grow with the company into leadership positions.

Smoke and Mirrors

I have been working at Dexis

ProsClean, well lite work environment.
No Weekend work.
Unlimited Mental Health coverage.
Good Medical Coverage.

ConsNeed to use unlimited mental health coverage to survive.
No room for growth.
Money all goes to corporate and is not put back into the business.
Management never stays around for more than two year.
In constant crisis mode.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop growing the business until a foundation had be established to sustain the products. Separate Tactic and Strategic duties. The daily duties cannot be allowed to fall through the cracks, yet they do because those in charge of them are constantly being pulled away from the daily functions to put out fires or work on projects.

Lean

Associate + (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dexis full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAt DEXIS we work under a lean management system. This system is understandable and works well when solid processes are in place and followed routinely. Working in a lean environment leaves no waste and enables our company to handle accounts in less time with fewer issues in addition to being more cost effective.

ConsWhen an organization is "super lean" there is absolutely no room for error. Time, process and the ability to effectively manage can be affected if any part of a process is broken. When this happens, in a super lean environment, there is no time to stop and correct the process or cycle without causing a major traffic jam.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your processes inside and out for everything that you manage. Watch them closely outside of daily metrics and KPI's. By doing this and knowing your business well, you will see when a process is not working and/or needs improvement. Don't wait for a major breakdown to happen in order to reshape a process.

Good Pay and Good hours...Horrible management

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Dexis full-time for more than a year

Pros- The pay was good
- The hours were excellent

Cons- Very poor treatment of temp employees some employees worked their for over a year and were promised perm employment then let go even though they were performing better than the perm employees
- It all depends on whose good side you are on whether you get hired or not stats do not matter at this company

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be wise to get a whole new management and HR staff

Good Company, Good Benefits, but very boring work but business processes are inflexible

Pre Sales Support (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits (insurance, etc.) + Average base pay + Commission
If you like doing the same thing, day in - day out, then this is the job for you.

ConsMundane work, day in day out
Relatively high turnover (average employment is about 18 months)
Business processes and selling styles are outdated and management until recently was very inflexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstill a career track for inside sales people to become outside sale reps....not everyone wants to sit at a desk for for the rest of their lives.

Nightmare

Pre-Sales Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Dexis

ProsGood check and benefits are decent

ConsManagement and HR are horrible. They do not care about the employees and are out to get them. Favoritism is huge here. People who gossip and make trouble for other employees are usually favorites. Everyone tells on each other. But absolute worst is the managers. They will not listen to opinions and sit in their office with no focus on people. Hit the numbers is all they care about. And the numbers can get ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement isn't going to listen to advice. If Danaher cares about Dexis employees they will get new management and a new HR manager.

Good compensation, very poor management and HR support

Pre-Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Dexis

Pros- Compensation
- Benefits
- Quality product

Cons- Lack of training
- Little to no room for advancement
- Always feel like someone is "out to get you"
- Management and HR treat employees very poorly
- Rampant favortism

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice goes to the parent company - Danaher. Clean house and get new managers and new HR representatives who care about their employees and want to see them succeed rather than trying to get them fired.

Worked for Dexis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dexis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dexis CEO Mike Nac. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Dexis employees.