Dexter Axle Reviews

2.5
Mike Jones

1. CNC op

I have been working at Dexter Axle

Pros

Good start out pay and offer insurance.

Cons

Rate based incentives some good some bad. Can make up to 4 hours incentive a night which adds up to 4 hours of OT. The jobs that can make 4 are given to the favorite or ones with most time in. You are expected to put out 120% in efficiency but some of the bad rate jobs won't allow you to make 80%. Setting most employees up for failure.

2. Needs to be a lot more flexible with employees.

I worked at Dexter Axle

Pros

The pay is really good. The benefits are very good. The availability of other positions within the company offer ways to move around and try new things.

Cons

The main complaint I have is that the hours are not flexible for employees at all. There are not enough employees to run this facility the way the company wants it ran. The first half of the year every year on some line run 12 hour days 6 to 7 days a week leaving no time for employees to spend with their familys.

Advice to Management

Run 4 crews working 2crews a week working 1week on and 1week off twelve hour days. The facility can run 24/7 all year long.

3. If you are looking for a dead end job, this is it

Former Employee - Indirect in Albion, IN
    Former Employee - Indirect in Albion, IN

I worked at Dexter Axle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent pay, if you are selected to earn bonus. There is a good chance you won't be, and once you are selected not to receive it, you will never earn a cent of incentive ever.

Cons

Poor, biased supervision. A word of advice, if you are a college student, do not mention this to any supervisors.

Advice to Management

Standing behind your employee would greatly improve employee morale.

5. Dexter Axle, El Reno, OK Division/ A Less than desirable employer

Current Employee - Laborer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Laborer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Dexter Axle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent but still average for the work, Benefits package is ok but the insurer used is sub-par.

Cons

Don't get sick working for this company, Even with a doctors note you get penalized with points and after 7 points you are fired. The amount of vacation time given even after being there for 6 years is very poor. There is no personal or sick time. Points are extremely easy to accumulate. The turnover is high for that very reason. The rules are absurdly strict and I am sure the uppermost management who wrote these rules could not live by them themselves. I drove 80 miles round trip to go to a doctor because I was sick and still got penalized at work and they refused to take my doctor note. It took me 3 days to recover. I will be looking for another job.

Advice to Management

Have a bit of compassion for the employees, Don't treat them like dogs! Get into your companies and their branches and find out from them what the problems are and how things can be made better. Sometimes the people actually doing the work and not sitting behind a desk know more than you think they do.

Good paying job.

Current Employee - Brake Builder in Albion, IN
    Current Employee - Brake Builder in Albion, IN

I have been working at Dexter Axle

Pros

Competitive pay and working for incentive.

Cons

Hard work and the hours are irregular... lots of overtime in the spring and 3 to 4 day weeks October through December. Very hard at Christmas time.

Advice to Management

Ask for operator input at problem solving.

Dexter A GOOD PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Quality in Elkhart, IN
    Current Employee - Quality in Elkhart, IN

I have been working at Dexter Axle

Pros

Not a bad place to work.

Cons

Communication, More visits from upper Management.

Advice to Management

I like working for Dexter, but Dexter could learn alot from the people that work there, if they gave them a chance.

RSS Feed </> Embed