Diageo Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.7

Diageo CEO Ivan Menezes
Ivan Menezes

Pros
  • Work with the smart people, competitive package, work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Great brands to sell, marketing support is ok, fair pay and benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance; Limited communication and direction from the executive team (in 17 reviews)

• Work a lot in Strategy, no work life balance (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great internship experience

Former Employee - Corporate Relations Intern  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Relations Intern in Miami, FL

I worked at Diageo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great international team, interesting work, happy hours. Living in Miami was also really fun.

Cons

I only worked there for 3 months as an internship - no cons during my time. There was not a direct link to full-time positions from my internship, but it was still great experience.

overall positive place to work

I worked at Diageo

Pros

people form close relationship and exciting business

Cons

work life balance is rather difficult to manage here

Fast paced CPG company

I have been working at Diageo full-time

Pros

Fast paced, lots of change, never boring

Cons

Changes to quickly, no time to embed and culture is no longer the same, too cost conscious

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful company, great people. Too many reorgs

Current Employee - Manager  in  Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Diageo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Diageo has the best people, committed, bright, responsible. Wonderful work environment and values. Great brands, top quality. Social responsibility is important at Diageo. So is complying with guidelines and regulations. Proud to work for the company.

Cons

Organizational restructures have always been common. Change is the norm. However, during the past 4 years this has increased dramatically. Since the new top management took office, work environment has turned more competitive, workload has always been heavy but employees enjoyed working in Diageo because the environment was of progress, thinking breakthrough, growing continuously. Low voluntary turnover. However during the past couple of years, many good employees either were restructured out, or left for other jobs. The fun and engaging work environment is no longer there.

Take care of your employees, don't stretch them so much that we lose sight of the Diageo Purpose: Celebrating Life, Every Day, Everywhere, Responsibly. Recent reorgs have cut down career opportunities for employees, discouraging many of them that are looking for opportunities elsewhere.
    Business growth and profit for shareholders go hand in hand with an engaged workforce.

Global Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plainfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL

I have been working at Diageo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great HR processes and focus on people development. Dynamic work environment where broad skill sets are appreciated. Fun place to work , you work hard but play hard too...
    I enjoy the ability to interact with the global teams and that you are encouraged to work as one Diageo. The people are very talented and focused on delivering.

Cons

There are an endless number or reorganization. The senior exec is committed to this model so there is a burn and churn mentality. Strong advocates are required to be successful and get promoted. Can be quite political.

Choose an operating model and give it the time to see if it will be successful.

Great place to work

I worked at Diageo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good leadership and fast learning environment.

Cons

salary could be better for the long hours of work.

Supply Manager

I have been working at Diageo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Perks are great and culture on freedom to succeed is great for those looking to create and innovate instead of being micromanaged.

Cons

Too many Re-orgs in the last few years. Lack of job security feelings.

Drive value to the company instead of focusing on a single financial year.

Great place to work if you work for the right people

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Diageo full-time

Pros

Nice perks; product allowance, healthcare benefits are pretty reasonable, pension is great, vacation time is fair, bar on 7th floor fun, and overall compensation is pretty Competitive. People (co-workers) are generally really nice and easy to work with.

Cons

Upper management doesn't do a great job of coaching or taking time to understand what lower levels are doing. Decisions are being made without truly understand the impact it will have on the teams and employees. Seems to be a reorg every year without an end in sight. Good people are let go and workload increases. Work life balancing is ok. Not great if you are in Finance. But generally feels like everyone is overworked as we have cut to the bone on staff. If you work for the right person, it’s great, but recent leadership changes have made the Finance function a tough and stressful work environment. I had no thoughts of leaving up until this past year. I stuck it out and hoped it would get better, but I feel it’s just another tough year ahead. It’s unfortunate, because we are at risk of losing some really great talent.

Respect your talent and employees more. Align on expectations early on and ensure these are clear in your organization. Leadership needs to communicate with lower levels better and truly understand the amount of work that is being done and rework due to unclear expectations. Diageo's external reputaion used to be one of the best and is now slowly taking a turn for the worse. Offshoring all of the work isn't the answer to driving efficenicies.

Great experiences a lot of re-orgs

Current Employee - Finance  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Miami, FL

I have been working at Diageo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Agile environment, freedom to succeed, great professionals working there, very big into personal development, the office in coral gables is amazing

Cons

Not organized, priorities change a lot, difficult to grow, a lot of politics, but if you can cope with the cons, they are a fantastic company

Too many reorgs

Overall a pretty good company

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Diageo full-time

Pros

The company has great values - they are all about celebrating life everyday, everywhere and it permeates the culture. They promote work life balance in the sense that - most people work from home on Fridays.

Cons

The company does a terrible job at talent management and succession planning. Also, people rarely leave and that makes it really difficult to move up within the organization.

Worked for Diageo? Contribute to the Community!