Diageo

Diageo Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Diageo CEO and Director Paul S. Walsh

Paul S. Walsh

Pros
  • Work with the smart people, competitive package, work/life balance(in 25 reviews)

• Great brands to sell, marketing support is ok, fair pay and benefits(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance; Limited communication and direction from the executive team(in 17 reviews)

• Work a lot in Strategy, no work life balance(in 6 reviews)

Great experiences a lot of re-orgs

Finance (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsAgile environment, freedom to succeed, great professionals working there, very big into personal development, the office in coral gables is amazing

ConsNot organized, priorities change a lot, difficult to grow, a lot of politics, but if you can cope with the cons, they are a fantastic company

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many reorgs

Great place to work if you can get in and if you can keep your job once you get in.

Operations Team Member (Former Employee) Plainfield, IL

ProsGreat benefits, good pay and friendly people

ConsLong twelve hour night shift. Have to start in the warehouse at low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to hire people because you are going to sell a new product, maybe you should actually market that product.

Great place to work!

Planning (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsGreat work atmosphere, opportunities are more available overseas

Consdecision making takes too long

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more mentoring programs

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work, great benefits, disorganized and they have a lot of re-orgs. watch out.

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

Prosfreedom to succeed. great benefits. compensation. nice culture. happy hours! the work environment is terrific. very professional.

Conssome people don't like the industry. I do. too many re-orgs. It is disorganized

Advice to Senior Managementstop the re-orgs and plan better career planning.

Working as a team player with a good group of people all set on a goal.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDiageo offers growth and offers support. They will support you if you choose to take college courses, work from home and volunteer. As incentive bonuses are given every September if you meet your goals, set by you and your manager.

ConsI feel there was a shortage of help. Every year there were hug layoffs causing pressure on the remaining team members to fulfill the empty job slots and take on jobs they were unfamiliar with and this reflected on the customers who purchase, deliver, make our products.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more hours to work from home especially if you have a long commute or children still at home. Stop following the script put out by Diageo and use more of your own working life experience when working with employees on problems and day to day situations

Stagnating

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsThe business side tends to be fun, lots of free liquor, and bars at the main offices

ConsThe company is making some major changes, going from a growth mindset to taking margins

Haphhazard company with reorganizations going on

ProsYou can get exposure to different responsibilities just because everyone is so busy that they don't have time to help you out on your project. I don't mind being a jack of all trades.

Conslots of work but make do with contractors. Manager had an immature attitude when I told them that I am leaving for a new opportunity as there was no scope for me here to move up or gain more responsibilities. Maybe it is a location thing as I have read good reviews about the east coast location, which seems to be the headquarters in NA.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employees and hire new people. Smaller companies hire and value their employees so they contribute a lot to their respective companies as well. You want brand and/or company loyalty then you have to hire new people.

My experience at Diageo was wonderful!

Intern (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsI was an intern and the company was really wonderful. Everyone was generally happy, willing to help, and enthusiastic about their job.

ConsThe interview process felt rather disorganized as they were restructuring the division I was interning. My initial start date kept being pushed back, but once I began, I loved it!

Diageo NA Headquarters - Norwalk

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsThe benefits are great and it's a fun environment to work in.

ConsConstant re-orgs which result in lay offs. Only those who fit the "culture" remain for the long-term haul.

It was a great opportunity and I learned a lot.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for. Growth potential, training opportunities & generous perks.

ConsThere are too many reorganizations within Diageo.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more effectively

Worked for Diageo? Contribute to the Community!