Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology

2.0
CEO

Dlabs

I have been working at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology

Pros

Lots of work hours no overtime

Cons

Underpaid overworked unfair work practices

2. *

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in North Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in North Hollywood, CA

I worked at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small business, great chance to advance through the business

Cons

Small business, very low pay

Advice to Management

Evaluate your management team. Ensure they are providing proper tools and skills, as well as training to the staff.

3. The WORST company I EVER worked for!!!

Current Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology

Pros

Absolutely No Pros working for this company

Cons

Terrible pay, They treat their Phlebotomist like crap and show absolutely NO APPRECIATION whatsoever.....!!!

Advice to Management

Needs New Management in San Leandro

5. If you have any pride in your work, DON'T WORK HERE!!

Former Employee - Lab Tech in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Lab Tech in Arlington, TX

I worked at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my coworkers. That's the only pro I can give.

Cons

They let people with no education run the lab and make laboratory decisions. There is no regard for patients, only their money! The managers are more concerned with getting their bonuses rather than what is right. The manager wanted us to run unacceptable samples just to make the phlebotomist manager happy (so she could get her bonus). The management staff for the lab include radiologists, accountants, architects, and phlebotomists (no LAB background). For patient's sake, I hope this lab SHUTS DOWN!!!

Advice to Management

Get some Laboratory knowledge!!!

6. horrible place

I worked at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology

Pros

nothing good about this place

Cons

worst work environment, worst management team and worst people

Advice to Management

they don't know what they are doing

7. 9+ years of slave labor with really really BAD pay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good job for someone out of high school. Extreme entry level position. Good friends were made

Cons

Pay. Hours. Management. Safety

I saw SO MANY people come and go and move on to better things. I build many great relationships with co-workers not management. There was only one person in management I ever really trusted and looked up to and she was my 1st supervisor when I joined the company. I saw the company change owners multiple times from the little old lady who started the company with her husband, to Dr. Liu, then to Mr. McCollum. The first owner was ok I suppose not really knowing her but the next couple of owners were horrible. When the company gained more business they left the small building in Glendale and moved to 2 large buildings in Burbank. I put in so much time and effort the 10+ years I was there and my pay barely moved. I moved through so many departments to try and show I was willing to do what it took to gain a leadership position. But instead they gave them to incompetent employees. I suppose I was comfortable there and that is why many do stay there. I saw a lot of hiring because you were related to someone. Hell even as a supervisor I did the same thing. That is never really a good thing. I hope QUEST Laboratories buys this place, fires everyone at the top, and restructures it. Quest is a good example of a lab that has turned itself around. DiagLabs got sued in 2012 for insurance fraud. I knew it was happening on top of other illegal activities they did. But the 2 guys in sales and marketing that filed the lawsuit actually had the proof. Kudos to them. Honestly if you really don’t care for a career then go ahead and apply. You will most likely get the job ESPECIALLY if it is an entry level job. The turnover is TREMENDOUS here. Close to 100%. I was just lucky to get the experience when I did. What I went through as far as moving around to different departments is long gone. Good luck to you who is reading this. Enter at your own risk. I am not joking.

Advice to Management

Either change or just quit and get some real leadership in place. I can only name a handful of people I looked up to as REAL leaders. I hope Quest buys and takes over this company and fires you all. 90% of you are full of it and would suffer greatly if you lost your current position.

8. Awful company. Do not care about employees or safety.

Former Employee - Radiological Technologist in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Radiological Technologist in Nashville, TN

I worked at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left. That was the only pro. (I loved some of my coworkers)

Cons

Very understaffed. Make you work alone on the weekends for 16-19 hours straight. Call starts at 8am and goes until 11pm. 11p to 8a are stats only. And they happen often. It is NON STOP! If you call and say you need a break or help you get told "well this is how you get your hours." Many facilities will call you back 3 to 4 times a day for non stat, routine things. It is hard to get there in your time frame when they are over 2 hours away and keep calling stuff in. Turn over is insane. In the 7 months I have worked here 5 people have come and gone. You never get off when you are supposed to. It's by hours...not minutes. Hope you don't have a family or life. No one is happy here. We also just took on some prisons. We were thrown in there all on our own. Many prisoners walk around and there you are...trying to find where to go with prisoners surrounding you. Very unnerving. No escort to take you to the nurses station.

It is March. My last dosimeter reading was in September. Asked to see a recent one and was told to stop being a pest. My safety is important! No lead aprons and no readings. Said that is illegal and was told to stop throwing around "legal mumbo jumbo." You get a 3% raise every 18 months if the manager likes you. There is favoritism. You will get the crap shift all the time. Have fun working full time hours, but never getting full time pay or benefits. (You average 50 hours a week) FT averages 32. Low pay. The car is not maintained well so the windshield wipers, tires, brakes, etc are awful. So driving at night and in the rain is horrifying.

They have changed their name a hundred times...Mobilex/Trident USA/Symphony Diagnostics...why??

Advice to Management

Quit

Disappointing, frustrating and demoralizing

Current Employee - Billing in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Billing in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology (More than a year)

Pros

The camaraderie of working with some great people who are in the same situation. The chance to learn new skills.

Cons

Not enough staff. Outdated operating systems. Never have had a review or merit raise. Always being compared to the office where it seems they want to move operations.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and supportive. Give reviews and merit raises. Keep your employees updated with changes and plans for future staffing and updates on the oprating system. The absence of these basic points has. caused morale to be non existent.

Great Opportunity

I have been working at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology full-time

Pros

This is a solid growing company with may opportunities to gain valuable experience. The company has many growing pains, but that in itself is the opportunity for motivated hardworking career seekers.

Cons

PAY. It's below par. That being said, you can look at it 2 ways. The field employees are in theory not working their entire shift but do get paid an average rate and reimbursed for driving. As for everyone else, this company serves as a great springboard. Meaning, you can work here, gain experience and a greater skill set and move on to make more money. Its almost like an investment in your career that will pay off at the end.

Advice to Management

Pay more to hold on to your talent. You are only helping your competitors but acting as a springboard.

Purely Selfish

Former Employee - Laboratory Assistant in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Laboratory Assistant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Diagnostic Laboratories & Radiology part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to different culture and benefits are good.Some good people and some great leaders.

Cons

If you're new, ready to take over another person's position and would like to learn from them, better be prepared to hike the trails, hang over the cliff, enter the wild jungle where the most wild animals are ready for their next prey- before they teach you the ropes of what they do. No proper training for new employees- they expect you to know the company policies as you enter the building. The management don't care about the non-management employees. Nepotism, Politics everywhere and hiring poor leaders.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees the way you wanted to be treated.

RSS Feed </> Embed